With a Wish of Salvation

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Nemesis Scar, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar I kill with my heart.

Tumblr:
    CHAPTER I

"He's holed up in that ol' tin can there. I just know it." Prowl said from the bridge of the Equite. "Give me the word, Prime. I'll send a Cybernought boarding party to end it all."

A small ship in terms of tonnage, but not length, the Equite was designed for pursuit, possessing the speed needed to chase after much larger ships while staying out of weapons range. In this case, its prey was the Nemesis, a battleship with a cyber-shark's silhouette named after a patron of the Decepticons. Limping home to Chaar from an unsuccessful attempt to break through the Autobot blockade, it was suspected her captain was Megatron. Upon receiving the intelligence reports stating as such, the Equite - a-one-of-a-kind ship - was quickly scrambled to chase down the Nemesis.

"I'll allow it. But know this," Optimus, pacing back and forth, replied to Prowl. He turned to face the younger 'mech, his blue optics burning. For him, this was personal. "I will be leading the boarding party." Whipping around to face the ship's XO, Strongarm, he ordered. "Prepare the Apex Aegis and the associated relics."

Strongarm left the bridge with a curt "yes, sir", leaving the two 'mechs alone. "This is a mistake." Prowl said in a downcast tone. "He wants this to happen." He elaborated. "He's a Prime-slayer. It's what he does. It's his reason for being."

"Maybe so." Optimus conceded. "But he must be stopped, no matter the cost." Pointing a finger at Prowl, he intoned. "You, of all 'mechs, should know that."

---

Within the Nemesis, something stirred. It was not quite the captain of the ship, no. Something else was there on the otherwise empty ship. Megatron was an important part of its being, yes. But it was older, far more powerful than he could ever dream of being. It had seen the end of all things, and the beginning, too. And it hated them with every fiber of its being.

It was that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

It could feel it in the air. Battle, decisive battle was at hand. Stomping off of the bridge, it prepared to meet the foe.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar I kill with my heart.

Tumblr:
    CHAPTER II

A Cybernought suit was a deadly, if somewhat indiosyncratic weapon. Its thick armor and built-in power fields provided the wearer with protection from almost every form of small arms, at least those known to Cybertronian records. While a layman would say this would make it slow and clumsy, they could not be more wrong. By way of a built-in Space Bridge, they could cross the stellar distance in seconds, or make a short-range, thunderous "hop" transfer into battle. Placed in the "soft" parts of an enemy force, it could strike crippling blows to key assets.

It was these mighty suits of armor that the Autobot boarding party donned before transferring onto the Nemesis. Usually in command of the squad, Hot Rod had to defer to his leader in this case, giving him mission command. Whereas most of the squad was clad in clunky mass-production suits, Optimus wore the Aegis of Prima. Made to order for a bygone Overlord of Kaon in a bygone age, it was superior in terms of power and speed. Even running was within reach in the Aegis.

"Get ready, people. We're likely to be in the thick of it." Hot Rod stomped past his squadmates, taking his place behind Optimus. In his gauntleted manipulators, he held a plasma projector perfectly suited for cutting apart enemies in twain in close quarters. "Everyone, transfer on my mark."

"When we transfer, prepare for the worst." Optimus added. Wielding a energo-sword and slab shield bearing the Autobot insignia, the Autobot leader was kitted out for the closest of combat. On his right gauntlet, the Aegis had been fitted with a ion blaster. "We have no idea of the depths Megatron's fallen to..."

"Three, two, one..." Hot Rod rattled off the numbers. At "one", the room was consumed with light. When it faded, the squad was in the Nemesis. In the belly of the beast.

"Transfer successful, sirs." Arcee, Hot Rod's second, buzzed over their inter-suit comms. It was now that the squad took stock of the Nemesis's interior. "Hmm. Sure is dark, innit?" She quipped. Outside of the meager light they had brought with them, it was pitch-black. Worse still, it seemed that what light they had on hand didn't extend too far. Almost as if the darkness was eating it. "You reckon anyone else is onboard? Besides, y'know who."

"Negative." Hot Rod replied to Arcee. "My auto-senses are picking up only one life sign." He paused for a moment, harrumphing. "That's not good. That one life sign? It's getting closer."

"Heat's rising, too." Arcee noted in turn. Within the armored confines of her Cybernought, the femme had a wide smirk. To her, this was not battle. It was play, and to be considered just as lightly. "Is he on fire?"

"Enough chatter. Fan out!" Optimus barked at the two. The Cybernoughts did as ordered, treading heavily across the Cybertanium floor. Raising his shield to cover his body, Optimus made ready to face his old foe. This had been coming ever since Megatron had felled Sentinel. "I will lead the formation, and we will meet Megatron!"