Wishlist for a new beast wars-type show

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by beastal, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

I sort of agree with you chief Gage. Beast wars characters actually looked like toys in robot and many of their color schemes suffered as well. Still my second favorite series.

2. Chief Gage

Chief Gage Well-Known Member

I honestly can't make myself watch it because of the artwork but if it was changed I would defenition watch it it's just....the artwork...can't stand it

3. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I don't want a remake of Beast Wars. Beast wars was great as it is. But if I were to wish for a new series in this universe, I would wish for one that took place on Cybertron when the Beast Wars was happening. Show us what has been implied about the state of Cybertron. From what has been told in Beast Wars, it seems more like a Cold War rather than peace. Heck, it could be a show about Maximal spies and Predacon agents struggling to get the upperhand on each other. The High Council of Maximal Elders and the Tripredicus Council bending the Pax Cybertronia and each side trying to catch the other first.

It would be different, anyway. I love spy shows. XD

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Softy Crime Lord

News Credits:
    My Criminal Empire (Note: No Crime Allowed)
    Gotta be honest, I don't really want a Beast Wars 2.0. People seem to like it now for nostalgia and plot, but at the time, it was so controversial and criticized, and I fear a reboot would just bring "Truck not Monkey" back on the franchise, and we have enough similar jokes and criticisms about Bay's movies right now.

What I want, is a series that has robots turning into everything it feels like, trucks, cars, electronics, animals, humans, as long as it comes across as cool. I don't feel Transformers should be limited to one specific type of altmodes, but anything that can be duplicated should be.

5. Supertron

Supertron TV Troper

So was Animated, but everyone on this site wants a new Animated something, whether its books or shows or even toys.

What does the Beast Wars have anything to do about the Bay movies?

And I doubt Truck Not Monkey would return since Beast-Formers are a lot more common than back then. Heck, RiD2 has lots of Beast-like Transformers. Not exactly Beast-Formers, but most people seem to really like them.

6. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Not everyone wants animated stuff.. *points at self*

7. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people on this site don't like it. A lot of people on this site loved Animated.

Or because it had good writing and characters.

So were a lot of things back in the 90s.

...Really don't see how you got from that to THAT.

Good luck selling toys like that...

8. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I know a lot of people liked it, but I'm not one of them. Ok? He sould have said, "most people..." As besides me, some others don't like animated.

9. MasterZero

10. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Sigh... Nevermind.

11. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    It doesn't, and I didn't say it did. I'd say Beast Wars and the Bayverse are the two most controversial (and therefore criticized) versions of Transformers to date, and we have one going right now. Do we need something else for people to make jokes about and hate on? (athough it could be perfectly good like the original Beast Wars, but it would probably weird people out)

That might not return specifically, but who knows what other cringe worthy memes will pop up. TFP really didn't generate anything that big, as did Animated or even G1, which didn't either, at least not that famous.

12. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Uh, Bayverse did that? Cars, trucks, photocopiers, humans, cellphones, even vending machines. Ironically, about the only thing they haven't done is an organic animal.

Also, to some degree, G1 did the same. While not quite as diverse, they had cassette decks, microscopes, guns, and the usual vehicles. I was basically contrasting to shows like TFP, which only used vehicles.

13. MasterZero

The way you're wording it, you sound like you want a series where the bots can turn into anything, anywhere, anytime. Unless multiple characters have different toys with different altmodes (which ain't a bad idea), it'd be hard to pull off. That's what I meant.

What exactly do you mean by cringe worthy meme? No memes have been generated by any of the recent shows, so I don't see why a new Beast Wars would.

14. TF Cagle

TF Cagle The Prime of Reviews

I want to see the Beast Wars cast and the TF Prime cast.

Imagine Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal

Megatron and Megatron.

Just have the old Maximals and Predacons come back in time, with Megatron looking to team up with the original Predacon king and the rebuilder of the race, Predaking!

15. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Ah, okay, that way would be hard.

Well, about recent shows that's what I meant, nothing has popped up. But knowing how people criticize something different (like me about the movies, lol), and criticized Beast Wars in the past, I think it's more likely to be controversial than a standard car/truck version. On the other hand, if it was a true Beast Wars reboot, I could see how it might be better received by Beast Wars fans, so it just depends on quite a few things, really. I would just ask that they make a good show.

About my personal opinion though, I want the shows to continue the Aligned universe, and if it takes them in the direction of another Beast show that could work. Personally, for the next show I'm hoping for a more spacy feel, with futuristic space modes, and focusing more on exploration then the war. I don't want the main organics to be humans, but alien this time. In fact, leave out Earth, and just do TFP on a different planet. But keep RiD's style, because that has so much more possibility.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had this idea for years now:

Beast Wars was set in prehistoric Earth.
    My sequel would be set in future Earth (the present day of the Maximals before they got sucked into the past).

The cast would be all new. No returning characters from BW. They're all off doing their own thing. But just as BW introduced a cast of all new characters, I'd do the same with my sequel.

The Earth would still be recovering from the TF's war, most major cities reduced to rubble, humans living in small communities. They'd be better armed than the monkey people of BW, & wouldn't be friendly to any TF.
    Beast modes are the way to blend in, since most all mechanical & electrical stuff is just bombed out rusty junk now.
    Maximals are on a secret mission to help the planet recover without humans knowing of their presence. They'd be cleaning up hazardous spills, re-introducing species by way of cloning, & generally trying to return the Earth to the state it was in before their war ravaged the planet (I'm kind of using the story of the G2 comics as background since the writers of BW seemed influenced by it to some degree with the Vok supposedly being an evolved form of the Swarm). In that story, Jhiaxus nuked a good chunk of the world.
    Throw some Preds in the mix & there you go. Classic good vs Evil story, beast modes, a reason to use them, & a 3rd party antagonist (humans) to mix things up now & then.

17. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So basically, you want the aligned continuity version of post movie G1?

18. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

I prefer a different Beast Wars unlike this one.

It takes place in the distant future. I want humans involved! They'll be living in a colony when Earth explodes by Unicron resurrected.

The main human can be a protoform like Sari. Though it would be a boy instead of a girl. He'll start off human discovering bit by bit that he's a protoform sent to Earth before living in the colony. Eventually, (if the matrix is involved) during a fight between Maximals and Preds, the "proto-human" tries to fetch the matrix while falling into a lava pit. That is until the heat made him absorb some of the matrix's power that somehow made him scan a beast mode and transform into his true robot form.

19. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Yeah, basically.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be up for this.