Wishful thinking

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    Here is a list of things Hastak will never do for any number of reasons.

1. Zone II
    2. Animated S4
    3. New Victory, BWII, BWN toys
    4. MP Animated, Prime, RID2015, and Cyberverse toys

What are your thoughts/what you think they'll never do.

2. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 new erector
    2 updated fuzors

• Like Like x 3
  3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Never say never, at this point.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Dr’s got some medicine to help you with that

• Like Like x 7
  5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus has been found dead in Miami

Armada/Micron Legend re-animated with Gundam-tier budget, a sensible dub more faithful to the original Japanese script, more exciting fight scenes at least 30% as legendary as Mortal Combat, and a few big plot changes like writing Billy and Fred out after episode 9, leaving Smokescreen dead instead of immediately resurrecting him, giving Overload a proper introduction, replacing the filler episodes with ones that expand a bit on the more neglected characters like Red Alert, Blurr, Scavenger, Demolishor, etc, and just generally seeding the first half of the series with little bits of emotion, character, and motive so it still starts off with a steady pace but doesn't feel too dull and episodic.

I'd be fine with just the first two points, though. Seems like the biggest thing that turns people off from Armada is usually the production quality, and fixing the animation and script would probably be enough for folks to give it a chance and maybe even see what we see in it...

• Like Like x 5
  6. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Well-Known Member

That would be beautiful. In addition, if it did well, Energon could be given the same, or actually even more extensive re-thought, since I still honestly think that plot and the story setting itself was absolutely great in that series.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus has been found dead in Miami

Hell yeah, it would be nice to be able to actually acknowledge the existence of the show that bridges two of my favorite TF series and be able to happily enjoy them as an actual trilogy. They had some great character threads with Inferno and Demolishor that ended up pointless after all was said and done, and there was so much potential with the ghost of Starscream they didn't even do anything with... -_-

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see a redo of Armada. It was a show that was so very close to going from just average to something great.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

UT redos might be cool.

10. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

A western take on the Unicron trilogy for the twentieth anniversary, like a comic book with twelve spotlight issues and a double sized finale for each series.

11. JJW

JJW New Member

I'd like a redo of the Unicron Trilogy as well.

12. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

I used to sit and fantasize about better, more thoughtful, more interesting versions of UT characters and stories. Never wrote any of it down, but I'd love to hand it to a show runner and have them use it.

I wish they would replace/retire G1 Prowl with Animated Prowl.

I also wish we could see some of those late-G1 characters like say Misfire or Night beat snuck onto the core team of some new series so we can stop getting endless repeats of 'top tier' transformers or new guys'the'writers just loooove to make up. Seriously. You have 30+ years of history. For every Drift, we get someone like Skids and Mudflap. Stick to the damn mythos and stop using it as an excuse to say 'look at me! I made this!'

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I understand and agree to a point. But as far as the idea of restricting the writers or Hasbro to using only old characters that never got attention instead of creating brand new ones- sorry, I can’t get behind that. Some of the best characters we’ve gotten since G1 were all brand new.

Obsidian & Strika
    SkyByte & Scourge
    Sideways & Demolishor
    Override & Thunderblast
    Lugnut & Bulkhead
    Knockout
    Barricade
    Steeljaw & the droves of new Decepticons in RID
    Heatwave & his Rescue Bots

I agree that it would be cool for those underused G1 guys to get some more attention, but they can do that as well as create new characters too.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

Nice list, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I notice most of those are Decepticons. And I do agree that the coins need a better supporting cast. But looking at your list, Hasbro doesn't seem to agree. Barricade and Strika are the only ones I see that get brought back here and there.

15. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Didn’t realize that I was listing off mostly cons. Just my personal preference I guess. I know there’s plenty of post-G1 Autobots that have become favorites too. Like Nautica.

Besides- most of those guys have made appearances outside of their introductory series.

SkyByte was in IDW and now Cyberverse.
    KnockOut carried over to IDW.
    Scourge is present every time they have a Nemesis Prime walking around sporting the black, teal & red color scheme.
    Bulkhead appeared in TFA, TFP & was Hound in AOE in all but name.
    Heatwave continues to live on in Rescue Bots Academy.

But anyway- that’s besides the point. I don’t judge the popularity of BW Dinobot based on how many shows he’s been in. Because he’s only been in just the one, but no one would deny he’s one of the strongest and most loved characters the brand has ever had.

But let’s carry this thinking to its extreme. What if G1 was never allowed to grow beyond season 2? The sole purpose of the movie & season 3 was to usher in a ton of new characters & drop the dead weight.
    What if we got a version of the movie & season 3 that used only the season 1 & 2 cast & didn’t introduce anyone new? Including Unicron. You could still have some epic battle and world-ending threats. But no new characters, no new ideas. That’s just forcing the brand to stagnate.

• Like Like x 2
  16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    There for a moment, I thought this thread was about me. LOL!

• Like Like x 3