Wisconsin Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by beatnik poe, Oct 2, 2003.

1. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That sucks!

2. Jack's Wasted Life

Jack's Wasted Life Well-Known Member

Target on 27th has 1 Combiner Wars Optimus and Silverbolt for 19.99 each - picked an Optimus myself.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Phabeon, I'd try registering again this year. I know for a fact that someone else is handling the registrations now and there doesn't seem to be as many problems as there were in the past.

4. Dracomancer

Dracomancer Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to just get one of their exclusive Windbreakers; I don't need a hoard. I'm still hoping someone heading to Dairycon can pick one up for me though. Anybody?

5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Wow, thanks for the lengthy response. In answer to your curiosity, the associate who gave me this info must have been pretty new (he didn't hesitate at all to check the back stock). I used to work for Target some years ago, myself, and I remember the team lead scolding me for bringing out a fresh case of Hot Wheels toys for a customer. I can kind of see their issue, but... hoardings gonna happen no matter what. Not helping a legitimate customer is hardly worth not selling extra units to a potential scalper (IMO).

Considering Target is doing resets now, and Hasbro is shipping out CW toys, my system is to check if they have stock in the backroom (via price scanner), and then determine the chance of a restock based on how many toys were on shelves. The trick worked out - I went back to a store in IL that had bare shelves and no backroom stock: hence, the following visit paid off. :) 

6. toboggan

toboggan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously?! That location's right on my way home from work and I skipped it today for the first time this week! Maybe they'll still be around tomorrow.

7. JimbotJimbot

JimbotJimbot Well-Known Member

@toboggan - Try again…. at about 3:30 this afternoon I picked up the only one of the Prime and Silverbolt they had on the shelf too. That means they sold 2 Primes even though they only had one of each out….

8. JimbotJimbot

JimbotJimbot Well-Known Member

About Dairycon, it doesn't surprise me. I got the cold shoulder from them a long time ago too.I attended back in 2002, and during the show we got on the topic of me being an artist. The founders asked me to do a comic book for them (for free). When I turned them down because I was working a 9-5 job AND doing freelance art, I quickly was booted from the Yahoo group and they stopped returning my emails. It put a bad taste in my mouth, so I stopped even trying to attend… who knows, I might even be banned too.

9. Phabeon

Phabeon Well-Known Member

Interesting... Not gonna lie I did get the sense from my whole experience and the limited interaction with the "founder" that he/they were THAT type of people.. aka: the term POWERTRIP comes to mind..

Hmm, all this talk tho has sparked something and who know's I may give it another shot... seems fairly cheap $10 and its less than 2 hours away...

I kinda look at it as a pre-view of BOTCON, kinda like a preview or practice run for that one..

we shall see!

oNe

p.s. Neither I or my crew have ever attended a convention of any sort so we are complete ROOKIE status on it all!!

10. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hilldale Target was in the process of doing their reset this morning. Didn't see anything new though.

11. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Both of the Appleton Targets have their re-sets done. The Transformers section appears to have gotten smaller. The new RID stuff is there but no sign of any of the Combiner Wars figures.

Anyone happen to still have any of the Star Wars Imperial Shadow Squadron sets on clearance at any Targets? I found one last weekend for $35 but that's the only one I could find. I'd like to get another so I can open one and leave the other sealed.

12. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

Target on kossow just west of barker had 2 of each of the combiner wars deluxes as of 5pm. I didn't buy anything except for a TF Prime sharkticon megatron for $5.06 :) 

TRU on moorland north of I94 had 2 windchargers from combiner wars as of 6pm. I didn't buy any, there weren't any other combiner wars there.

13. Phabeon

Phabeon Well-Known Member

Details on this.. as I was just there and did not see this Sharkticon Megz anywhere?

oNe

14. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hilldale Target is fully stocked with RID deluxes and legends.

15. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Target on 43rd and Miller Park Way had 2 CW Sliverbolts and 1 Prime (though someone was looking at it, didn't know if he bought it) as of 1:00 pm

They also got some RiD figures in..

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Anyone know the price for Silverbolt at Target, $24.99 or $19.99?

17. toboggan

toboggan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the shout out! Picked up Silverbolt and Prime after work. There's still one Silverbolt left.

AutoBobby, they want $19.99 for them right now.

18. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

it was in the clearence section, along with a bunch of those big hollow primes for $7

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Nice. Hopefully I can find a Silverbolt at that price.

20. SkyJammer

SkyJammer ASM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Man, now that I no longer can get to western/southern Targets easily, of course Waukesha, Brookfield and West Allis get CW. Grafton/Menomonee Falls/Northridge have squat for CW. :(