Wisconsin Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by beatnik poe, Oct 2, 2003.

1. HulkernautPrime

HulkernautPrime Marvel-ous Autobot

No problem. I'm always looking To hookup My fellow collectors for no Extra gain.
    Yup they did the same thing for me. As long as it is noted , then I feel confident should I have to speak to a manager and pull some rank!

2. Phabeon

Phabeon Well-Known Member

Hmm, more details on this please.. Also I was in Tokyo about 2 years ago, and I seen some MP Grimlocks for sale.. is this TRU version the same thing as that or whats different?

Link is pointing to nothing? I even tried a search on TRU website and got nada.. I even searched Masterpiece Transformers and it came back with nothing? TRU website sucks.. or I do?

AWESOME,, never thought of that.. my lil man'z is still rocking diapers... but SOON he won't be!! Will keep some unOPENED!!

oNe

3. HulkernautPrime

It really helps to get them on the potty with a star system, like 10 potty starts= 1 toy. It worked great at first bit now my little swine got all his transformers and is going back in his pull ups out of sheer laziness.

BTW that link was working this morning but it appears that the figure and the item#have been removed from the website. I checked my confirmation email and the this was the Item #:17858397 for grimlock. This was his exact title in their system: Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Figure One Color.
    They may have removed the figure because they sold out. Sorry brother.

4. xylite

xylite Well-Known Member

None at Madison TRU last night, but he's on TRU.com right now.

Power Rangers Legacy Dragonzord - Bandai - Toys "R" Us

I ordered one a bit a go and got it in the mail yesterday, haven't had a chance to open it yet.

5. necrocron9

necrocron9 Well-Known Member

La Crosse TRU now has 5 MP Grimlock as of noon today. $80 here and happy to see they are enforcing a "One per customer rule".

6. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

God I wish they would do that everywhere! I could see buying another for a friend or fellow collector, but stop the stuffed shopping cart peeps.

7. Crocapete

Crocapete Nobody

Don't know how they do it tbh...I sure as hell don't have the money to load a cart full of mp to even resell lol

8. HulkernautPrime

I say we nonscalpers call all our TRUs and pitch a big fit about one masterpiece per customer. Rise up brothers! This is our time. They can scalp our items, but they can't take away our freedom!

PS whoever was looking for that power ranger fancy green box thing valued at $69, I seen 3 at the brown deer TRU.

9. HulkernautPrime

S 27th TRU has some MP in this morning. Just called them and they can hold only one power person and only till noon. Hurry up fellas

10. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Well, in general the major US retailers for imports/third party figures post up preorders for these things months (sometimes a year) in advance. Like you can go to TFSource or BBTS right now and pick up MP Sideswipe, Red Alert, Tiger Track, Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Starscream, Soundwave, Soundblaster and/or preorder MP Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Ultra Magnus. Granted, you have to pay for the import price (plus the overhead at these stores) so it's going to be pretty pricey compared to whatever Toys R Us would sell them for.

But like I said, it's kind of a crapshoot if Hasbro/Takara decide to bring a figure over (like Sideswipe hasn't been offered here). So if you really want a figure and don't want to wait, you could always buy the Japanese version. It really paid off to wait for Soundwave because it would've cost you close to $300 to get him and his cassettes but when TRU offered him, he was like $130. So it's really up to you.

Do you remember what kind of packaging the MP Grimlock in Japan was in? Was it a clean black box with pictures of the toy on the front or did it look like a giant comic book cover? They had two versions over there but they never offered the comic book version in the states. I would say this reissue would be pretty close to the original release but we're getting a little extra bit with the golden crown. Some of the minor paint/sticker detailing might be a little different but not as significant as other releases (like the new MP Optimus, Hot Rod, etc)

11. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Anyone here need a Jetwing Optimus Prime? (TRU version, MiB) I'll be willing to trade it for a new MP Grimlock :) 

I'd prefer someone who lives in the Milwaukee area so it would be a little easier to meet up

12. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone seen the evolution packs at TRU yet? I want Slug and Strafe.

13. HulkernautPrime

I seen the evolution pack at the 27th st TRU and the special strafe TRU 2 pack as well. There was 3 evolution s and 4 strafes.

14. Jhiaxus666

Jhiaxus666 slagmaker

News Credits:
    3 Grimlock evolution sets and no Strafe. Picked up the last Strafe bout an hour ago.

15. Crocapete

Crocapete Nobody

Are there any differences between the evo packs and the single releases other then coming with minicons?

16. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

18. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too. I had a gift card and some Amazon rewards. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought one.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I'm also just waiting for the inevitable sales at TRU and Target in a few weeks. You know they're going to have some kind of deals when the movie hits. If I'm going to buy crap, I at least want it to be on sale.

20. Pimpimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Madison TRU is sorta suckin. No MP Grimlock which isn't surprising but they didn't have any Evolution twopacks or the new Kreo sets either.