Heavy/Scratch: WIP Transformable papercraft Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ribieconvoy, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Zerocounter

Zerocounter New Member

Hello, hey Ribieconvoy, I Was Taking a look about that prime, and I have to say You Rokc Man. It look very nice. I´m wworking on a Transformable Sonçundwave, when its done, I´ll put some photos, and if you want, i´ll share it here, but ill will be on some months. Se yaa and keep the good work

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, I actually started this because I knew it would start snowing soon in my area, and I needed something to hold me off while I couldn't paint my custom TF's.
    Yeah, that's actually a scaled up and simplified version of papercrafting. Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D model to work by, which you can send to a program that "unfolds" the model into simpler shapes, so I have to make mine by scratch.
    Well hey there Zerocounter, nice to see I made someone get their first post here :D  I can't wait to see your Soundwave, I always geek out about that kinda stuff :p  And just as a note for everyone, this project has not been abandoned, but is temporarily on hold until my exams are finished. Holidays and Test prep bring my productivity to a halt. :( 

3. Zerocounter

Zerocounter New Member

Dont worry, I´m a papercrafer, and I know that it takes a lot of time, even using 3d modeling software. Take it at the normal way it cames, and when you see it finished, you´ll remember this post XD.
    Saluteee

************************************************************************************

Hey man, take a look on this, it`s the model i´m working

http://papertico.blogspot.com/2011/01/photobucket.html

Bye and Saluteee

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  4. Darren

Darren Member

Very nice papercraft model. Will you be posting the plans and instructions when you have finished? Also have you been here...
    Mundo Denarcien Could yours be better.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want to sound braggy, but mine might be better if I could finish it. Mine is quite a bit more complex than that one, and I want to get the proportions almost perfect. Of course, it's easier said than done, since my only 3D model for this guy is, well, in my head. I'm doing this all by scratch, and at the moment, I'm having quite a few problems. I had to replace my scanner which resized files to a certain resolution, and my new one doesn't do that, so I'm trying to manually find out the right percentage to scale to, as well as work out the ab and pelvis transformation. Pile all that on top of the rest of my life and this project just sort of keeps taking a backseat. I want to get this done badly, and I purposely put the papers right on top of my laptop so everyday I sit down and see them, I just don't have the time unfortunately.