Minor/Repaint: WIP IDW Chromedome

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by reluttr, May 7, 2013.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I have been working on this guy off and on for a few weeks now, and finally decided to post him after seeing Ryoku's awesome chromedome. :D 

Basically I scratch built the head using a PRID soundwave head, putty, and lots of patience.

I clipped off the tips of the fingers to help square them off and look less "evil".

Finally I modified the bumper of the car so that you can fully flip the leg panels around to fit flush with the lower leg in robot mode.

I kinda like the look of the clear chest, so I winged it and colored in some "tech" details with sakura drafting pens "same thing as gundam marker", and used the faction symbol placeholder to function as the stat meter. I still need to adjust the power levels to match the original toys spec readout.

I need to finish up the arms, legs, and do some touchups here and there. But I think its shaping up to be perfect for my collection. :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

It's nice so far!

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Nice job so far. I like the fingers. I immediately looked at mine and considered doing the same. Your wheels are also more IDW-ish than mine.

Some warning if you haven't discovered it already. I have rub issues on the chest, right where your readout is. Also on the roof of the car because of the leg panels.

4. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Hell yes !!!

5. reluttr

News Credits:
    I used buttons on the front wheels, and leftover bits of plastic used to pack some toy for the rear. :D 

I also forgot to mention in my original post that I actually modded the arms so that they can straiten out.

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I think it looks good. Although the head really isn't working for me. Still nice job.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Now that you mention it those arms do look nice. What did you do to them?

8. reluttr

News Credits:
    Basically I cut a grove in the elbow socket opposite from the one used for transformation. Its a tiny bit loose afterwards, but a little future does the job in fixing that. ;) 

To get the leg panel things to fold flush, all you have to do is cut a small square in the bumper, just enough to push the headlight past it when transforming. :D