Heavy/Scratch: WIP - Guess who...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by gericault, May 28, 2014.

1. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

So this shouldn't be hard for you guys to guess...
    Whilst waiting for stuff to glue and epoxy to harden on my custom Brawl, I couldn't help but get going on his brother in arms; Vortex. A much easier project than Brawl, so it's been coming together quickly. Wish I had blockier thighs for him, but they need to fold into his legs in alt mode.
    :D 
    Can't wait to get these done and painted and take some pics with them and the other Fansproject Combaticons...

Attached Files:

2. GaussGunner

GaussGunner Ukrainian Convoy

News Credits:
    Another good Bruticus, good job and good luck! =)

3. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

WOW!
    How did you do that?

4. gericault

Finally an update on this guy; all that's left is some sanding and then his paintjob!
    (still wish he had blockier legs, though...)

Trouble with this mold is that nothing really gets hidden in the transformation to alt mode; it's all just sitting in a configuration on the main body. That means that the mods you can do are limited mainly to aesthetics, and since all the alt mode bits now sit on his back, he's rather back heavy.

-the cockpit now folds backwards from how it was originally, allowing for Vortex's back to become the front.
    -in order for the cockpit to be able to have room to fold back, the rotor section of the helicopter was cut off, shortened, and then reattached with a swivel so it can be turned in the opposite direction.
    -his tail has two joints so it can fold up against the back and not look so much like a...well...you know...hanging between his legs!
    -His biceps have been replaced by a junk pair I had hanging around that just looked better to me.
    Other than all that, there's a bit of filling in with epoxy, a bit of grinding to make things fit in tightly, a few pegs to attach the arms and legs firmly in place, a couple of scrap gundam bits to make him look more finished, and a headcast of Fansproject's version of Blastoff.

Hope you all like: with luck he'll be finished, painted and cured in a few weeks time!

Attached Files:

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Is that a casting of the FP Explorer head?

Or did you actually decapitate Explorer??

zmog

6. gericault

No, no, I cast the head; it looks too good on Explorer for him not to have it as well. It helps that all the G! combaticon limb bots basically had the same tiny noggins!

7. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    keepin' my fingers crossed for this one :popcorn