Heavy/Scratch: WIP first heavy mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by thielmj, Feb 7, 2011.

1. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated with new status pics

2. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    absolutely awesome. this could do well to fill the spot for a good classics Galvatron AND energon megatron!

3. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks, i'm hoping people like it mainly cause i'ld like to sell it and make enough to cover the cost of this one so i can start another one, i'm kinda thinking about using a pcc to make an energon optimus to go along with him( have that pretty well planned out)well that or i have a laundry list of stuff that i want to try to do myself, so i don't have to go to the pros i use for more interesting stuff

4. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just a thought but could you cut off the piece so that the turret can rotate and then put a legends class chest/head on there? that would allow the tank to fold the cannon under the arm just like Armada Megatron.

5. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really with the legends warpath, it would be alot trickier than that because of how the turrent already rotates down and because there is a handle in the bottom of the tank mode so it actually can't really sit normally as a tank.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's worked really nicely! Glad you managed to find a Sparkcrusher to use; I definitely think it's the right mould for the job. Out of curiosity, have you managed to rig a way to mount said tank drone on Megs' jet mode?
    Looking forward to the painted version either way. Are you going for the grey (E. Megs/G1 toy Galvy) or the blue/purple (E. Galvatron/G1 toon)? If there's vote, I'm going grey, even though most people probably won't. :p 

7. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The tank drone(terrorcon) is mounted using a 5mm peg handle and an adjusted size whole in the wing pannel
    I haven't picked the color pattern yet, E. Megs would probably be easier if i went the paint route. E. galvatron would be easier cause i could probably do it with a quick dye job so, maybe i'll make i a pole question,I'll have to think about that. While i'm thinking about it i loved your new designs i still need to make sure to pick those up and do some more reviews and designs.

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is rather a stroke of genius! If I was more of a Superlink fan I'd be itching to replicate :)