Heavy/Scratch: [WIP] CUSTOM CW Bruticus w/ C+ CUSTOM Kit

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dymitrix, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Dymitrix

Dymitrix Active Member

I recently got the C+ Custom kit for both Defensor and Victorion. I like them both a lot though, Victorion I plan to make some modifications to make her different from Defensor. I'll post Victorion later as this post is about Bruticus. I realize there was a tease about C+ Custom making a Bruticus kit, but that was probably a April Fools' joke. Whether or not they actually make one is anyone's guess. It will most likely be a retooling of their Defensor/Victorion mold, so I figure I just do my own.

Below is a picture of what I have planned. I will be mixing in some parts from the TDW's Bruticus kit. I got the idea from this post: New Upgrade Kit Series From C+ Custom Studio

Components were just rigged on to give the general idea of where I plan to go with this. I plan for the following:

1) Sculpt on the C+ Custom torso piece a more Bruticus chest, TDW "Blastoff" chest will be an optional add-on.

2) Cut away the walls around the head.

3) Graft the TDW crotch piece onto the C+ piece.

4) Retool the feet.

5) Probably do something with the back cannons. Make them lower and figure out how it will all come together with the alt mode.

20170615_203736.jpg

[Update 06/19/2017]

I didn't have much time to work over the weekend with Father's Day and because I had to help a Fred with house renovations. Anyhow, minor update... I took a hot knife and made some necessary cuts. I didn't mentioned it earlier, but Onslaught's chest piece has some additional plastic that is not on Hot Spot or Pyra Magna. The lower lower section that attaches for the hinge has a little piece on both the right and left side. I had to cut away on the inside of the C+ torso piece in order for the torso to fit flush. In the original rigged up pic I actually took the chest piece off in order to attached the torso.

Removed the box around the head:

20170617_200853.jpg

Overlay of Onslaught's chest piece over Hot Spot's to show the difference:

20170617_200818.jpg

What had to be cut inside the C+ torso:

20170617_200659.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

Holy scrap that looks awesome!

3. Dymitrix

Dymitrix Active Member

Thanks, I just posted a minor update with what I had a chance to do over the weekend.

4. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Looks great I was hoping they would do a Bruticus set, I wonder why they havent? Can the kits be used on an onslaught, or did you just have a spare hotspot? Look forward to seeing more of this.

5. Dymitrix

Dymitrix Active Member

The kit as is... whether it is the Defensor or Victorion version, for the most part can be used with Onslaught, but the biggest issue would be that you won't be able to line and fit the torso piece up against Onslaught without cutting away the little bit of plastic that gets in the way. You would either need to cut them from inside the C+ kit torso like I did, or cut off the little ends on the Onslaught chest piece. It's the two little pieces on either side of where the chest piece connects to figure's torso. Notice that Hot spot's chest piece doesn't have it. I used my hot spot just show what was causing the problem.

That's the only thing that is really a problem. Everything else is just "not" Bruticus like which is why I'm modding to make it so.

6. Omega495

Omega495 Mostly Harmless, aspiring Mistake Not

Looking good, just one suggestion. The waist seems too thin (by width). Either use only one of the abdomen pieces or push the hip just a little bit up to cover the hip ratchet joints.

7. Dymitrix

Dymitrix Active Member

Thanks for the comment, but the full figure pic was just me placing some pieces to look the part. That waist piece is from the TDW kit. For the actual waist, I am planning to resculpt/retool the waist piece that came with the original C+ kit. I might cut up the TDW one and graft it over, or just resculpt it entirely. Not sure yet. They are roughly the same size, so it could save me some sculpting. Anyhow, we'll see. Current plans tonight if I get to it is work on the combiner chest.