Wings of Honor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BairdimusPrime, Jun 5, 2009.

1. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    Set arrived today !!! I'm about to bring my daughter to the doctor though so I will do a quick sum up... I'll post pix later on with some universe figs but over all I'm pleased. I bought this set solely for Kup and Scourge and let me say they're 100 times better in person... when i initially ordered this set I was feeling like I wasted my money but now that they're in hand I'm happy as could be

Kup works pretty well with the red alert mold i just wish they could have given him a left hand. His head sculpt is wonderful, and his colors mesh together really well, you definitely get the Kup feeling with this figure... as you all know this is the exact same figure as the cybertron red alert so i dont need to go into too much detail. I can happily say that the figure is very tight if not too tight in some cases where as my red alert is a loose mess. my only gripes are the missing hand and the elite guard symbols painted o the car doors have a cheap feel to them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scourge looks incredible with galvy and henkei cyclonus.. I'm actually most impressed with this figure because i hate noisemaze its an obnoxious figure for me but i keep him because he fits in with soundwave... i'm a sucker for on screen characters. But the scourge scheme actually helps this mold a lot, my only gripes would be QC on the silver chest paint as it has some smudges on it, I don't mind the lack of the alternating factions gimmic as we know he's a stone cold decepticon. his remolded head is smaller than I originally thought it would be but it really looks great.. i would recommend him to anyone purchasing single figs off of the boards or ebay well worth his price. The set seller for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I gave in and transformed Thunderclash tonight and I'm mixed on him.. the chest seems to seperate right down the middle very obviously and he just feels blah in robot mode .. the truck mode is fantastic I just wish he was as bad ass in toy form as he was in the comics same gripes I had with energon rodimus i have here.. namely i wish his upper legs were a little longer so he felt like the had some height to him as well as his arms his short stubby upper arms needed a little bit more and he woulda rocked... great alt mode terrible robot scheme that feels a little bootleg in the paint apps on his chest, reccmended only if you're a thunderclash nut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thunderclash trying to pose ;) 
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the team kid...
    havent even taken Flakk or Landshark out of the box yet might not ever...
    [​IMG]
    all in all i'm happy with my purchase and i'll post some picks tomorrow

the comic isnt as bad as early reviews made it out to be just wish they didn't bitchify Scourge and Cyclonus but oh well they're only the most bad-ass deceps of all time

Ok so i caved in and let landshark and flakk out of the bag.. both are absolutely 100% awsome tighter than their original molds and with better paint apps IMHO i think landshark gave me a reason to let go of energon landmine as i love the roadbuster color scheme and flakk is awsome in its own right and amazing mold that i'm happy to own as i never bought a single one of its 100 other releases i'm going to post some pix but all i can say is after reading alot of negativity towards this set in the end i think its a well worth buy and the included comic gives life to characters we've never seen before and makes them feel welcomed to your collection.. well at least to mine.. I'm going to post a few more pix a little later on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for your time folks

Bairdimus

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  2. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Pics or it didn't happen...:wink: 

3. BairdimusPrime

News Credits:
    more later

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Good for you... I still don't like the set, though.

5. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

loving the Kup!

6. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I gotta admit, the Botcon exclusives this year turned out better than a lot of people expected (I couldn't get their either way... it's just too much. If i could justify the 2007 set, there was no way this one was happening).

Most of the real winners WEREN'T in the boxset, though... Banzaitron, the Sweeps (Oh god the Sweeps... Scourge and the Sweeps are going to be sought after like the 2007 Seekers), Elita 1... even Razorclaw is a repaint that makes you think 'Why didn't this get done sooner?'.

And at least your set isn't going to be redone with chrome for an Asia market release :p  (Who am I kidding? I don't really care... I love my Powered Commander!)

Out of curiosity... how was the story they used to tie all this together?

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Kup is on the shuttle with Hot Rod and the Dinobots ala the 1986 movie. The Dinobots beg him for a story while Scourge and the Sweeps are attacking, so he tells them the story of when he was a rookie, and the rest of the box set were members of his squad back in the day. A very good comic, actually. Leozack, Banzai-tron, and Skyquake all show up in the flashback as bad guys.

8. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    kup looks nice.

9. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    The only one from the set that I'm really interested in is Landshark. The character doesn't interest me, but I think it'll work as a re-imagined Impactor to lead the Wreckers in my personal AEC universe.

10. BairdimusPrime

News Credits:
    I was contemplating using landshark as roadbuster as i never got around to getting the target exclusive the fig really looks nice in person just havent gotten myself to take him out of his foam home...

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If anything, Cyclonus looks a little out of place in person. Scourge and Galvatron have the same little pinhead and the same squished silver face.
    Yeah I can see that. Or he'd make a nice Kick-Off to match Banzai-Tron:

Attached Files:

12. BairdimusPrime

News Credits:
    Added some picks... If anyone has a request please feel free to ask and i'll post some picks for you

Bairdimus

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, thank you for this review. Do you have botcon springer? if so can you take a pic of Kup, Magnus, Wheelie, Arcee, Blurr, Springer and Rodimus in vehicle mode? Hell even without Springer can ya do that please? :) 

14. BairdimusPrime

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

will that do?

I dont usually transform my TF's once i get them in robot mode... so I'm sorry for not doing Magnus i just dont wanna tf him so he stays nice and tight i'm a display only collector..

I dont have botcon springer (although i'd kill for one) so i couldnt include him for you... any other requests ask away

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

eBay seems to have oddly few of the box set guys, maybe the people who went to the convention are being slow this year with them. The on-site souvenir sets flooded eBay as soon as the con started though.

I think from now on I'm just going to order the non-attendee box set ASAP, sight unseen on any of the contents, and auction off anything I don't want, including the box itself perhaps. That'll be a lot less stressful than trying to not pay too much buying the ones I want individually.

And maybe someday Botcon will be in Chicago, near where I live, and I'll actually go in person.

16. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes! Thanks.

Awesome to see someone else display the same figures I do. I just need Kup and you need Springer :) 

17. BairdimusPrime

News Credits:
    yeah i've decided to get rid of all the characters that arent g-1 homages unless they're a prime or megatron.. witha wife and 2 childeren under 3 i dont have the room as when i was single so my collection displayed is all g-1 homages i'll take some shots soon

thanks for the kind words