Windblade or Dragstrip?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PRIVATE GREY, Jan 10, 2015.

1. PRIVATE GREY

PRIVATE GREY Brony-con

I ordered Windblade off of Amazon the other day and received her yesterday. I like her and the whole owning a "fan made" transformer. But when I got her, the comic was shredded at the bottom, which wasn't really a big deal at the time. But what got me mad was that she cam with two right forearms. I was infuriated. So I'm returning her. I was about to get try again when I saw Dragstrip. Now I'm a huge fan of Combiners, and Decepticons. So I'm on the fence of getting her, which would make her my only fembot, or DS. Which one should I get?

2. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    Windblade is certainly something unique, but I honestly reckon that Drag Strip is a vastly superior toy. The plastic feels denser, he feels more solid, he certainly locks together better in alt mode, and on top of all that, he's Menasor's arm.

If it's a case of having to choose only one, my vote would go to Drag Strip.

3. rainningstorm

rainningstorm [email protected]

I've had the both of them, while windblade's certainly an interesting toy, I would say dragstrip is better.

Getting her to pose is a nightmare for me, and dragstrip has the added plus of being a combiner limb.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This. Plus Windblade's not a Decepticon, nor does she combine.

5. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

I'd say Windblade because she's a fembot (which we only get a few of) and because Drag Strip would be all over the place once Combiner Wars hit saturation, making him easy to acquire later on.

6. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot ignore the post #'s

On one hand windblade is unique and has an awesome weapon and more complex transformation
    On the other hand, dragstrip is bigger, has 4 modes, has better plastic, and is MUCH easier to pose.

Dragstrip.

7. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

Dragstrip, easily. What a pleasant surprise he was, and for all the reasons mentioned above. With Windblade, I was expecting a meh figure, and got a meh figure. Meh.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Dragstrip is a wave 1 figure, and will be saturated to hell because of it. Windblade's on her way out, and she'll be harder to get in the future.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I don't know if its just luck or what but very few (and I do mean very few,maybe 3 or 4 max) have I ever got a figure with reversed limbs like two left shoulders or two right feet,jeez people make stuff like this out to be a Major Catastrophic Event,if your gonna let one little mishap like two right arms cause you this much stress all I can say is Calm The He** Down before you have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown,and above all I think you should question yourself if you really should be collecting transformers or not if they cause you this much grief and heartache.Otherwise Get Over It OP.

10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

If you really must have Windblade, do so now. RID and CW will hit saturation soon and that last Generations wave with the fembots may suffer the "later wave" syndrome, meaning many stores may not stock them in favor of RID and CW.

That being said, Dragstrip is the superior toy. Its more solidly built, better plastic and poses well. Being a Menasor limb may also be a plus, though I think Menasor looks like garbage myself.

11. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I would personally go with Dragstrip, he is a superior toy with no giant gaps in his alt-mode and you'll also be one limb closer to having a Combiner Wars combiner.

However I would also suggest looking up the Takara Windblade if you're still interested in the mold, it has a much cleaner, accurate face to it to make up for the vehicle mode issues.

12. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    My vote is Dragstrip, but keep in mind, one of the things that makes him awesome is that he's a combiner. So you'll be forced to shell out an additional $70 for the other 4 Stunticons.

13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    If you have no interest in Menasor and you want a Windblade, you probably should get another Windblade. She'll most definitely get harder and harder to find once CW hits saturation.

14. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Yeah, go for Windblade now. Inferior or not, she'll be commanding ridiculous prices later, just for the novelty of being a fembot, and you'll regret not getting her.

15. drgatz

drgatz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Windblade is a rarity in 1) being a fembot 2) being a fan-voted toy 3) being at the tail-end of a wave and likely to not be saturating the pegs. The quality of the figure itself is questionable from person to person (mine turned out fine; yeah she doesn't stand well due to those heel spurs, but she looks dope on flight stands with her sword out) I actually really like how unique she is and how she stands out amongst the rest of my figures.

Dragstrip is a much better built toy; solid, poseable, a lot of character too. Head sculpt is awesome, and he's part of my personal favorite combiner team. He is also a Wave 1 figure, and will likely be way more plentiful and easy to find in the long-run.

My advice: Get Windblade. Save money and wait. Dragstrip will be around for a more decent price for sure. (I am assuming you live near Targets, Walmarts, and have access to Amazon... sorry if that's incorrect)

16. PRIVATE GREY

PRIVATE GREY Brony-con

So after much thinking and your guy's comments, I'm going to get Windblade. Simply because I was going to get her anyway, as well as all of Menasor. But as stated above, DS will be extremely saturated while WB will become rare. I'll be picking up DS later.

17. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

^^

18. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Its really a choice of preference. I like both figures. Dragstrip is a great combiner and a great homage and he feels a bit sturdier than Windblade. That said... I know some people think he looks a bit like a Happy Meal toy (and he does have a very basic transformation) and doesn't strike as dramatic of a look as Windblade.

I would say get both... but if you had to pick one it comes down to if you are getting the rest of the combiners. If yes, then obviously Dragstrip. If no, then Windblade.

19. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Drag strip may be easier to find in stores when he fully hits retail since the other 3 deluxes go together and drag strip is the odd ball.

20. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I own both of them, but I would say Windblade is a little harder to find. However I am not remotely impressed with the engineering and not a fan of the overral look/ aesthetics of the figure. I think she doesn't look to bad in the comics, but the toy is a different story. Also mine is super fiddly, but it might just be quality control. Dragstrip on the other hand, I absolutely love. Younger nephew loves the CW figures, notable Dragstrip and Skydive. I find myself transforming them a lot more than Windblade or any of the fembots. From a collector point of view, if you want Windblade , pick it up while you have the chance, I don't think anyone will have any issues finding Dragstrip a few months from now. Point of fact, I never saw Windblade in stores, I had to get her from Hasbro Toy Shop, whereas there are two local Targets and both have Dragstrip