Windblade Dilemma

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Super4Ever, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

So I just bought RiD15 Windblade, initially for my Alligned collection. However, I also need a Windblade for my CHUG collection. I'm torn, do I buy the Generations version of Windblade for my CHUG or not have a Windblade for my Alligned collection and use that instead. What did you guys do?

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bought NuRID Windblade for my Autobot display, which consists of Generations, Combiner Wars and Titans Return. Slapped a bit of paint on her and she works just fine.

3. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you like the character in both series? If not, I'd say just put it in the shelf of whichever is your favorite.

If you can find it for cheap I personally think CHUG Windblade is a fine figure, but I also have no interest in a complete RID cast.

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Unless your definition of CHUG is "comprised of plastic", she'll stick out like a sore thumb. Chase down the Generations fig.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    technically speaking the nurid figure is an applicable chug figure seeing as the first version of that mold was released in the sdcc titans return giftset

6. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    And if they released a Playskool Gobots figure in a boxed set alongside a CHUG figure, would that miracle that Playskool toy into a CHUG toy? Box label, yes. Aesthetically, no.

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please reread my post, I did say TECHNICALLY it was released as a generations figure first.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Unless your definition of CHUG is "fiddly overcomplicated figure", RID Windblade trumps Thrilling 30 Windblade in any department aside from paint operations.

With ease.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Get Takara's Adventure Windblade.

10. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Generation Windblade is a troubled design imo and it all stems from the lower legs. In jet mode they're plainly visible and don't even try to blend in with the rest of the toy and in robot mode they're just useless unless you're into mods/upgrades.

RID Windblades only crime is a lack of paint. The toy itself is absolutely lovely.

RID Windblade caused me to kick the Gen mold off of my shelves and into the storage tubs. It's a far superior toy and since my CHUG collection is a massive mishmash of my favorite toys from nearly every line she fits in perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The RiD version is excellent and a much better toy for sure. If you can track it down I would thoroughly recommend the SDCC Fort Max version, the colors look lovely on the mold.

12. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I say get Generations Windblade and if you can track down the Takara version, even better. Really not a fan of RiD Windblade, the mold is ugly and the lack of paint doesn't help.

13. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    I was arguing aesthetic, but thanks anyway.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Honestly I don't know why anyone would want Generations Windblade. Personal tastes being what they are, but I think it's a very poor mold, especially in light of the RID version. If you really want two Windblades, either buy a second RID and do some painting or spring for the Adventure version.

15. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I have all the Windblades, (except the horrid legion scale NuRid version) plus the Slipstream and Airazor repaints/remoulds. The Warrior NuRid version is easily the better figure and transformer.
    The Takara TAV version is really sweet.
    However, the face is very 'NuRid', so if you're after the Generations style face, then the Generations is the figure to go for. It's just difficult to stand in robot mode, and doesn't tab together very well in jet mode.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Generations Windblade is crap, and the only thing on her that I see as better than the Nurid version is wrist articulation.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Not a fan of the RID one myself. Passed her up a few times at various stores. The Generations mold is certainly flawed, bit she looks a hell of a lot better IMHO. Not just in the paint department. Generations Windblade just looks like a more serious and powerful person vs RID which tries too much to look cute and girly.

• Like Like x 3