Windblade Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

To be honest, Windblade wasn't something we wanted. Sure; we might have kind of voted for a new transformer which was her but we didn't want her to be shoehorned in almost EVERY TF media. Comics, Cartoons, Toys, maybe one day even the movies!
    Her character was quite boring in RID(2015) and, as much as I quite liked that show, Cyberverse.
    The only outstanding one above the rest was IDW's Windblade.
    I don't know about you guys, but Windblade and Till All Are One are some of my favorite Idw comics (except for the Wreckers and MTMTE). Windblade was a much interesting character, and it was then when I finally quite liked Windblade.
    TL;DR (For Hasbro) Don't shoehorn Windblade into ever TF media.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

See, I liked her Cyberverse and RiD incarnations. Course I was kinda jaded with comics but still, I like her and if Transformers was DC I'm okay with Optimus, Bee and Windblade being our "big three".

3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Windblade was one of the figures that got me back into maintaining a modern Transformers collection (the 30 figure, never had luck finding the TR version in retail or the back market for a decent price, so that alone makes me biased towards the originsl figure our of spite). She was also one of the first figures I bought Reprolabels for. It's been interesting seeing her pop up in newer things like Star Trek/Transformers and Cyberverse, and curious how the Reboot IDW one will plan out now that we know she appears very early on.
    In terms of weird shipping for a unpopular Transformers opinion moment, I think a inner child-part of me ships her and Perceptor from the Machinima series over her and Bumblebee from Cyberverse. Don't ask for logic, that's how my 8 year old self rolled!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I like Windblade a lot. As a character, she definitely has potential, though I think new writers need to come on and really do something new and interesting with the character to make her more popular within the fandom. Otherwise, she's just going to get on the fan's nerves and nothing more, which is unfortunate as we definitely need more female characters in the brand.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EE62B297-9413-4B99-B057-B8FC058F3420.png 4472019E-6171-4C4A-AA6C-924559FB7065.gif

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve only seen her in Cyberverse, yet I still want her TR figure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I liked her in TAAO (I loved that comic, period). She was relatable and, as others have mentioned, had an interesting relationship to Starscream. Scott's written a good characterization for her in the comics.
    I did NOT like Machinima WB, she's the only one I'd consider anything close to a "Mary Sue" and was just irritating overall to me. Cyberverse WB, on the other hand, is also relatable and I'm fine with her being there as a main character. That's usually where I fall on the subject- she's generally just fine as a character. Not usually my favorite, but relatable and interesting enough (and I feel like Bumblebee is shoved down our throats much more than she has been).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

If there's anything I think Windblade could benefit from, its consistent characterization. While aspects of foundational characters like Optimus and Megatron might change throughout the iterations, there's always the fundamental essence of the character present. At the very least, we can use G1 as the basis for understanding who they are. With newer characters, I think it's essential that the writers cement the character's personality to give us that basis of understanding. Windblade's personality tends to fluctuate across the board. If you asked me who she was as a character, I'm not sure I could answer you; sometimes she's a revenge driven killer, other times she's a compassionate emissary. Really, the most ubiquitous things about her are her design and her presence in modern TF media and I wish there was more to her than that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To be fair some characters such as the Dinobots and Shockwave tend to have characterizations that are completely different from one another too so this isn't really a unique thing to Windblade.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

That's true, but the Dinobots and Shockwave have had decades to establish their "default" personas. With Windblade, there really hasn't really been time to establish a default persona, which I think she would benefit from, especially with so many different media featuring her in different roles across such a short time frame.

11. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't have any problems with Windblade, but I'd really like to see a version of her that looks substantially different. I don't dislike her current appearance, it's just anomalous how she's looked so similar in all of her roles.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Speaking of that I've been hearing people saying that her design is literally unchanged in all of her media appearances but truth be told I don't see it. I mean certain details are different on some of them. Like how in the Sarah Stone miniseries that design was more organic looking as opposed to the toy version which was used sometimes in later IDW or how in RID 15 she has more black on her and has a more simple like design compared to the other versions. Yeah it may not be that hugely different but still I think some people are exaggerating it a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

RiD combiner force Windblade turned out to be a nice suprise. Shes my fav WB because of the mouthplate and able to look up. Looks cool when flying in botmode. Shes not stuck staring at the ground.
    The fast tformations also a bonus. Wings also come off pretty easily.
    Bought 2, a second to make Nightbird.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Windblade and can’t get enough of her. Don’t need to explain why, I just do:) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I like Cyberverse Windblade a lot. She's sweet, grounded, patient and open-minded. She seems to pull off near-miss victories with clever maneuvers, more then ass-kicking brute force, or sword play. Cuz, well, she kinda gets her ass kicked a lot by older, more established characters. Don't like the wing frisbees though. That's dumb.

Her toy is pretty damn good too. And while my CV Windblade is no longer Windblade, I like the sleek elegance of her design, and she's got better balance then Gen Windy, due to having better feet.

15792812607101039308132.jpg
    Here is Gen Windblade trying to extend the hand of friendship to a reluctant Optic Burn.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  16. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I like her toy. It's nice having a unique female transformer. Especially with the Moonracer mold being reused so much lately.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

They'd make a good couple!
    Fighting evil by moonlight,
    Winning love by day.
    Never running from a real fight!
    She is the one called Sailor Wind!

@Porkulus So what? Established characters generally don't change much, or at least have enough familiar design choices even when being rebooted in a different style for a new generation of fans.

Kinda like how Optimus is a red and blue truck in G1, Movieverse, Animated, Prime, RiD15 and Cyberverse?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

I would like a nice doll of Windblade. Which would be a typical 11 inch Fashion Doll with a bodysuit and snap on armor parts for bot/jet mode. The snap on armor would be interchangeable with the other dolls in the line.. Arcee/Nightbird/Blackarachnia/Elita etc

• Like Like x 1