Windblade #3 (will contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by femmebotfangirl, Jun 10, 2015.

1. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love those last two pages.

2. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    Never liked the PRiD Knockout. I'd be all onboard for a new figure in the classics line.

I'm totally with you on Elita and Chromia. I knew I liked Elita's legs, now I know why :lol 

3. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Well if having a floor paved with faces and a throne made of body parts doesn't imply Elita-1 evil, then her colony has some very interesting decorating ideas. And considering IDWs track record with any Autobot leader not named Optimus Prime, you'll excuse me if I'm pessimistic.

4. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    I prefer all of the above to the G1 "I'm someone's boyfriend!" angle. I freaking love that episode, but it didn't tell us much about most of the female Autobots.

I just hope the last few pages of this issue are teasers for what will be revealed at Botcon and SDCC. That would make me a very happy boy!

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This entire event was a wash. It's really telling that by far the most interesting thing about it was the final, what, 3 pages or so? All of which pretty much had absolutely nothing to do with combiners.

Whereas Dark Cybertron started out pretty rough with some seriously dodgy writing and art but improved as it reached its end, this started off with horrid writing/art and, by and large, stayed the same throughout. I'm just extremely thankful Roberts wasn't forced to march in this crap parade.

But back to the last page. It's kind of interesting, and I am kind of interested in seeing where it goes. But I'm not a fan of the role being filled by Elita One. Partly because I dislike it for the same reason I disliked how Star Saber was handled, and partly because it would really be nice if we could get some actual heroic fembots in IDW. Funnily enough I think my highlight of the issue, and perhaps the whole event, was seeing Obsidian there. Though with the art being so terrible he was a bit hard to make out at first.

Overall, I'm not even going to bother with a rating, because this entire thing was just one huge forgetful non-event and extremely unremarkable. I just hope to god they can pick up the quality, because right now the only TF comics I'm actively looking forward to are MTMTE and TVJ.

6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    This issue went by way too fast. This whole event was a mess. It was never truly about Combiners. This was toy advertising at its most bland.

Hopefully the next few issues can pick the pieces and get back to a decent story.

I have no idea of what to make of those last two pages. Cause it could mean anything.

7. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    I`m not. They look pretty generic skull-like to me. I wouldn`t call them distinctly Quintesson, though I can certainly see where you`re coming from. If anything, the presence of techno-organic eggs over in MTMTE has me wondering if they`re not Quintesson in origin. They`re coming, I know it.

*Adjusting tinfoil hat*

Anyway, this whole event was plodding and painful. It`s funny considering how we`ve advanced in comic storytelling so far since the 80`s, but the fact that they`re pushing toys on us feels as equally blatant. Depressing to think this will be a yearly trend. I wish they could just let the authors breathe and tell their own stories. For however bad the ongoing run felt, at least it felt less like a gigantic tie-in product.

8. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Just to quash any rumours, the only word of Combiner Wars in comic form was this event. I'm sure Hasbro will want another advert at some point but no, there's no word on any more combiners bar Victorion, and we're not even sure what capacity she's going to be used in.

The BW material is the second colony arc of Windblade. We're getting to in in 2 or 3 months.

9. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm a bit iffy on the Elita angle myself. Not so much because it's a different take, since G1 Elita had the most forgetful, blandest personality you could imagine and I would normally welcome this new take with open arms, but the fact that every fembot from G1 is being made either evil or controlling/possibly insane is getting kind of exhausting.

At least we have Nautica and Windblade to make up the sane, "good guy" spectrum.

Also can we PLEASE never have a combiner ever again?

10. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Someone earlier in this thread said this in passing, not even knowing what they had, what if she isn't "evil" but more of a Pirate archetype?

11. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    That'd be really cool actually. But a corpse chair is still a corpse chair.

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Funnily enough, looking back and forth between your very avatar and the pic just makes the Quint feel stronger to me :lol 

Also I've only just now realised that Obsidian is beside the chair, and that the pointy blue head and twin turbines behind her are part of the chair. I've been trying to work out all afternoon why Obsidian doesn't have any arms :lol 

13. Quizzical Xenon

Quizzical Xenon Why do I need a title?

Umm, he has arms...

14. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Anyone else surprised they killed Swindle? Cause I honestly thought he was going to survive that wound. Boy was I wrong.

15. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Umm, yes, but I originally thought that the big guy with the blue helmet and turbines on his chest with no apparent arms, was Obsidian, and not, in fact, the rear of a massive throne built from body parts. I wasn't totally sure what the indistinct silver jaggedy thing next to Elita's left hand was.

The perils of reading during quick breaks on an iPhone.

16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Elita is a badass, nice!

17. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Ditto. I wasn't that big of a fan of the PRiD figure, but I'm tempted to get it now since he's part of the IDW cast of characters since his robot mode looks pretty much the same.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    LOL @ assuming Elita is evil. That throne could simply be a nod to Game of Thrones. I doubt she's the DJD's long lost member.

I also see why Arcee will have a new paint job pretty soon.

19. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Um... I kind of want Elita-1 Interacting with the guys on the lost light since she's so far away from Cybertron. Also, I wonder if she's the medic that treated Thunderclash.

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Pretty shocked to see Elita being shown like this. I think it's too early to say that she'll be a villain so maybe she'd be like Movie Optimus Prime where she has good intentions and cares for her crew but uses brutal methods to get things done which can make bots like Optimus and Windblade appalled which can make for some interesting interactions and story lines. Elita could be what Windblade might have become had Windblade decided to throw away her sense of morality and willingless to see the good in people and it would be funny to see Optimus and Elita have a relationship similar to Silverbolt and Blackarachnia in BW should they be a couple. :lol  Also awesome to see Knockout,Tigatron and Airrazor show up in the last few panels. :D