Windblade #3 (will contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by femmebotfangirl, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

Don't see Bruticus coming about any time soon since
    Swindle is dead/dying
    . Plus he got a decent figure during FOC

I am very sad that Predaking and Abominus were not given any love. They are two of my favorite combiners.

Computron is presently gone since lightspeed and afterburner were killed when they detonated Kimia (Not sure if it was lightspeed and afterburner)

2. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's based on data released by Diamond, the company that distributes the comic.

3. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Arcee isn't crazy anymore, Chromia isn't villainous and we have no way of judging whether or not Elita-1 is evil or not. Chill dude.

4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rattrap only said he was. He'll be back for CWII next year.

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I'd like to see those numbers, as well.

I always get the feeling that digital comics sell better outside of the USA. I don't speak for everyone in the UK but comic shops are few and far between(I looked up a database that had 164 shops listed for all of the UK, not sure how accurate those numbers are. Not counting FP, there is only one shop for my entire county) and I depend entirely on digital for my monthly fix of Transforming robots.

At least MTME is maintaining good numbers ^-^

Not saying I disagree with you, but having an entire room made out of body parts does not bode well for Elita-1. Not that I'm complaining! This is pretty much everything I wanted with IDW Elita so I'm a happy camper. All I need now is to have her bench press Optimus Prime.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I'd argue that's a matter of opinion. I think Scott wanted to write a really deep character in the vein of the BSG cast, who had to do insanely immoral things in order to protect what they saw as important, who's choices were repulsive but understandable to the audience, but she really didn't do it well, possibly due to the restraints of only having 4 issues, and Chromia does indeed come off as an evil Karma Houdini. We've had sprinkles of damage control on Chromia's character in Combiner Wars, but there needs to be a lot of work in Windblade 2 before she stops being just awful.

That said, there's nothing wrong with an evil Elita-1! I love it! Look at those disembodied faces everywhere- she and Optimus are truly star-crossed lovers!

7. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

I loved Arcee when she was a crazy assassin and i would love Elita 1 even more if she turns out to be like Shattered Glass Optimus Prime!

8. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Right, and I'm not saying she is good I'm just saying she isn't a villain either. I don't want to make thi another discussion about Chromia though, I'm just trying to point out that guys thing with the fembots was really off he mark in my opinion.

9. jcchua

jcchua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't read it yet, but I agree that this event is another disappointment. It's sad that the Windblade comic was basically hijacked by an event but I think it had to be done due to the awkward positioning of the CW event. It could have been worse and took over MTMTE again. At least we only lost First Aid for now.

10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Combiner Wars would have been better if they focused on the actual combiners and their teams.

Instead we got yet another political story about Prowl, Starscream and the ever vaccuous Windblade.

I like IDW's politcal storytelling and intrigue, but this was an event where those characters should really have been a back ground story where instead the combiners teams should have been the focus.

I mean, did the Aerialbots and Protectobots (in non combined form) have more than 3 speech bubbles between them over the course of the entire story?

I mean, Hot Spot did virtually nothing as a character, he was just there from time to time. In a story about combiners, Ratrap and Sparkstalker got more story than the actual combiner teams.

Just seemed to be a weird choice.

I am not sure you can blame Hasbro for mandating that they need a toy tie in either, as IDW seemed to ignore it and make some new story around the same usual characters, and just chuck the combiners into it as background characters.

If this were truly down to Hasbro, I am sure they would have forced them to focus more on the toys they were selling and to be honest it would probably have made more sense and been more interesting.

As it was, we just got another story about Starscream and Prowl which is the same as we have had for around 3 years now.

11. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    What's wrong with a female villain anyway? Bring it on.

12. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

Absolutely nothing! which is why the IDWverse desperately needs one (Megatron villain level). Is Elita 1 a Prime? She's been given the "First" title so it would seem to make sense!

13. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Elita-1 gonna be a villain, but I hope she doesn't take peoples shit!

14. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She is sitting on a pile of corpses. She is certainly not going to be one of the good guys.

15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I think we all were hoping to see those planets appear in IDW universe with this story line and it was cool to finally see it happening! :) 

But I'm still glad when we finally can get back to the original storyline before combiner wars.

Also:
    Finally Elita-1! Im anxious to see what her story will be. Looks promising. She probably won't be just Optimus Prime's girlfriend.

16. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thank you

17. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Combiner Wars? - More like Combiner Scuffles.

I have generally rather enjoyed this event. But. It COULD have absolutely phenominal. It really reallly could have. Yhe politicking was great and set the stage well i thought, i like the fighting bewtween Prime, Windblade and Starscream, all yhe little power plays with Prowl etc.

I felt there really wasnt any warring at all. Some combiners fighting yeah, and some great sequences, but theyre all pretty much working for Starscream, who is just trying to secure power for himself, which is fine. Im kind of on board with starscream as the leader of Cybertron, - i like him being top bastard. The premise of whats good for starscream is good for cybertton, great and effective leaders dont havr to be good guys - id love it if Starscream stabilised Cybertron and returned it to greatness, as a byproduct of him being a totally arrogant selfish git. He wants power? Fine. But let him realise its because people give it to him, so please the people. Fix things and get things working and theyll love him, giving him more power etc

What i did find interesting is that Prowl managed to keep Devastator in check through sheer force of will.Scoop cant, at all. There were only hints to the individual personalities of the combiners, with only Devastator and Superion showing as distinct separate (!) entities. Im really hoping the fallout of these skirmishes and the Combiners personalities gets expanded upon - this is the most interesting aspect of them.

Now the 'chattete' between the guys that make up Optimus Maximus (stupid name), i dont think worked: we've been told that combiners have individual personalities, yet these guys are habing a chat? C'mon eh? Equally mind, i wouldnt know how to do this better - im not a writer.

The whole story woukd have been better suited for one single artist. Or done the way Dark Cybertron was, with diffferent artists for differnt environments.. this was just annoying. I normally love livio's work , and its greatly improving. But im starting to get a little tired of it now. As for the ending with the different worlds/colonies: clunky and annoying - though glad to see elita-1 as a nasty piece of evil sitting on a throne made from body parts.

18. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    I liked the space pirate Elita-1 ending. See where this goes, it's got a lot of promise.

19. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    The miniseries overall underwhelmed me but all the character reveals on the last 2 pages give me hope that the Windblade series will be a lot of fun.

Bring on warlord Elita :D 

Swindle really got the short end of the stick, didn't he? I didn't like how his character was handled in this, even more so if he's perma-dead.

20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    High hopes the Protectobots sack this lark off and head back to The Lost Light. This has been less about the Combiners themselves and more about the continuing machinations of Starscream and Prowl. Which is good, I guess, for the direction they're going in but pretty poor for the characters the title is thrusting into the (non existent) spotlight.

I don't want to sound like a squealing Roberts fanboy but I have a suspicion he could pull off the implications of a gestalt mind on a set of loosely affiliated individuals pretty well in the space of a standalone story.