Windblade #3 (will contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by femmebotfangirl, Jun 10, 2015.

1. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Holy shit, that last page.

2. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

I will be very honest. The only redeeming quality of this issue were the last two pages.

I'm hoping this marks the end of the Combiner Wars and its terrible art and story telling......

Major Problems :

The fallout between Prowl and the Constructicons appeared to be way too forced.

No concrete resolution between Prowl and Prime. I mean "I finally understand". Seriously ?....

The art was a little way too animated for me.

The mistress of Flame introduced and done away with. Might see some character development later but with the Combiner Hunters segment coming up I'm not planning to hold my breath.

Plus points :

Prowl's agent has an ace up his sleeve with regards to removing Starscream

All of the beautiful colonies!
    Elita Fucking 1 (Although is she Solus Prime? I can't help but feel her throne is some sort of armor)
    . Lastly is it someone else who drew the last page considering its way better than the rest of the issue?

3. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Holy crap! Last few pages made up for everything!

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Could we get a summary?

5. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

All of the combiners have landed on another colony (judging from the terrain it doesn't appear to be Caminus). Menasor and Devestator are busy confronting Superion and Defensor as Scoop is unable to fully control Devestator.

Meanwhile we get a glimpse of Prowl, Optimus, Mirage, IRon Hide and Sunstreaker having a discussion which is aimed at trying to wrest control of Optimus Maximus from Prowl

On the other side of the space bridge back on Cybertron, Swindle is leading a bunch of cybertronians into the Space bridge room as Wheeljack tries to get a hold of all of the combiners to bring them back. The space bridge is damaged and Metroplex inadvertently tries to create portals to every colony to retrieve the combiners thereby alerting the colonies of Cybertronian presence.

Conclusion: Combiners have landed back on Cybertron, Prowl is arrested along with the rogue combiners. However swindle passes on information to Rattrap that he has recorded evidence of SS telling the stunticons to attack Caminus. 3 Colonies are now aware of Cybertronian presence.

Tried to make it as spoiler free as possible. Might not be correct 100% but this is my understanding of this comic.

6. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Seriously, that last page with Elita-1... I'd agree and say the chair looked like a set of armor, but look at the floor, it's littered with faces... Please, for the love of god, don't make Elita a villain. You've already made Chromia into one, we don't need another. Interesting to see Obsidian, though.

That last page is certainly the most interesting thing about the issue as a whole, which isn't good. This event has been terrible, I must say, and a horrid way to start the new Windblade ongoing. Dark Cybertron, while a mess, was 10 times better than this IMO. The issue after this really should've been called Windblade #1, really should've just doubled the amount of notRID issues for this event, they did it at the end of the first ongoing, why not now?

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Meh. I don't really know what I was expecting from an RID story when it comes to Prowl, but just "meh".

Thanks for the summary!

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Could someone post a pic of Elita 1 ? Or at least tell us what she looks like ? anything like the cartoon ? Or is she a drastic change like firestar ?

9. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

I thought it was a solid issue, its just too rushed like the whole event has been.

10. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

I am still thinking that we don't need Combiner Wars hijacking ex-RID and Windblade. Promoting toys? Really? The tagline "COMBINER WARS" is practically selling the entire line all by itself. The ending seems to be also not a direct fallout of the "combiner wars".

11. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who's the green bot with Knockout?

[​IMG]

The bottom panel made me soooo happy :) 

13. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^G1 Moonracer I think.

So apparently to make the g1 female autobots as different as possible they had to remake them to be either crazy (Arcee), villainous (Chromia) or outright evil (Elita-1). Does this mean Firestar is secretly a Decepticon in MTMTE now or will Roberts/Milne avoid this pitfall? And I'm guessing Moonracer will be evil too since being bad and evil is a cool way to differentiate yourself.

14. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Two pages do not a good comic make.

I think I can safely say Combiner Wars has been an example of how NOT to do a good story. DC had problems but there is some EXCELLENT stuff in there. CW...was exactly what I was afraid it would be. Sad times. Not a good way to introduce the new Windblade series either as I highly doubt its anymore reflective of the quality of the series than CW is of RID. It says a lot when the most positive review was basically "this kinda sucked but hey good times ahead".

I actually prefer that Elita isn't a Camien. Ties into Mairghread's recent words about making it all more normal. Cybertron's the freak planet and I'm a-ok with that. Her as a bad guy is also aces as we need some female baddies who are more imposing than Nickel. Love her chair. Plus with Obsidian around...

Fairly amused how she clearly has Prime Megatron's legs.

But no, it's gone very poorly.

15. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

I completely agree. However i think some of these toys (not the ones i bought so far though sadly) come with comics like in DC so maybe they want to increase the demand for comics by getting people to buy them when they pick up a figure.

Sadly i feel this may have backfired considerably since CW has been very weak and makes DC look amazing (Tbh I loved Dc's plot line though). If i had to introduce people to the IDWverse, I wouldn't have picked a story like CW to bring them in (although the combiners might help people feel at ease who haven't read any comics)

16. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually last I looked the numbers ordered for TF/Windblade is higher than MTMTE by several thousand copies.

3/1/2015 TRANSFORMERS #39 10,644 (+23.7%)
    3/1/2015 TRANSFORMERS WINDBLADE COMBINER WARS #1 10,154
    3/1/2015 Transformers More Than Meets Eye #38 8,864 (-3.0%)

MTMTE might want to rethink their standalone stance.

17. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

Hmmm surprised at the numbers tbh. How is this data obtained? could we get a source? Issue # 38 was the ending Arc of the time machine plot so I would have expected higher sales! Then again NotRID and the Windblade combiner wars have been getting alot of publicity as of late though!

18. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    Events always sell more. It's why they do them. first issues more so. In general sales, MTMTE eclipses the other two. Certainly digitally.

I really wish they'd release the digital sales numbers but John said there's some legalise that says nooooo.He told me MTMTE is the golden boy for digital sales but some numbers would be nice.

19. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Don't suppose any sign of Bruticus, Preaking, Pirahnacon, Computron or Abominus?

20. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    I call it Event-itis. Event books draw in new readers or encourage readers dropping off to check things out. It's a temporary spike but it's a spike nonetheless. S'why DC and Marvel rely so heavily on them these days.