Will you still be collectin in 20 years?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    probably but I must say, it doesn't quite have the draw that it used to. both animated and the movie line were enough of a change away from the design that I like that it's almost enough to push me away for good. it's things like classics that are still keeping me here.

for instance, believe it or not, I got movie landmine the other day and I'm considering taking him back. yeah, the posability's awesome but I just think "meh" when I look at him.

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I saved what I could from childhood, didn't collect figures, but whatched and enjoyed BW & BM, left entirely because of RID, and when the classics came out, I came back and realized I'd been dumb for the last 6 years. Too many good toys and comics and shows after RID that even if something comes out in the future that I'm not really into, well I learnt my lesson already so I don't see myself going anywhere, except to branch out into other areas of collecting. Working on the dream home TF room in my head all the time!

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hard to say, so much can change in 20 years. By then we'll probably have simple affordable ways to make our own toys. The rate the kitbashes/customs are going, and selling, it feels like a new frontier is around the bend

I dont see myself stopping. It also depends on if TFW is still around.
    This place plays a big inspiration on my toy spendages

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't really think that far ahead in terms of collecting. It is something I'd like to be doing though.

5. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    As Kup said to Marissa: "Hard to say."
    I might collect vicariously through my children, if my child to be warms to TFs. If not...I'd have to be really drawn to it to collect more than, say, the newest incarnation(s) of Optimus Prime.

6. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    My interest in TFs is sustained by new toys to collect, cartoons, comics and other fans to talk to! As long as some of those are around, i think i'll remain faithful. He! He! But i like to think that in the future, even i'm not into collecting the toys anymore, i'll still always hold a special interest and respect in my heart for the Transformers! And i'll still be speaking fondly of them to others,

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I started collecting Transformers in December of 2006. So... I still have some work to be done on collecting 'em, so... I'll probably be trying to collect every single TF that was ever produced, even after they -- perish the thought -- stop releasing Transformers.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Been officially a "toy collector" since 1987...so 21 down...can't imagine I wont still be going strong with this in another 20 years when I'm pushing 60 :) 

From what I've seen, there seems to be a point many collectors hit, usually in the mid 30's, when collectors lose interest. I've seen it with freinds that collect Star Wars, GI Joe & with Transformers. The older guys are a much rarer breed in toy collecting. Life happens, and priorities can change really fast.

9. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it all depends on how many TF movies there will be. After the movies are all done I will most likely sell off my entire A,E,C collection and just keep my movie figures.

10. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I hope to still be collecting TFs in 20 years. Although, I may not be able to if I run out of space in my house. That's a shit load of toys to get between now and then.

11. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I hope to be, but one never knows what lies ahead. All I can say is just that I hope to be! :) 

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Been into the franchise since I was 3ish, started seriously collecting about 4 years ago, so I'd sure hope-so. It'll probably hit some rough spots though, I still got college, getting a house, car, family, all that shit to go through.
    DN

13. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt I'll still be buying new Tfs in 20 years. I'll probably still buy the older stuff, like G1, but I don't think I'll still venture out to TRU anymore.

14. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    'Til I die.

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I probably won't be still collecting. I'm nearly out of room, and am almost done with all my goals, so unless a new super-advanced ultra masterpiece classics line is out in 20 years to blow me away, I'll be done.
    Of course, I'll still have my collection and be a fan and all.

16. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. I think it's fun but my life doesnt revolve around this board or the series. I think I'll give the toys to my son, one at at a time each month, when he's old enough to enjoy them. By that time I'll have grown up toys like guitars and books and a hot wife :rock 

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I'll still at least have my figures, and get more as I can afford it...like my life now! :lol 

--Moony

18. moocow

moocow God.

I've never collected to start with, I'm pretty sure I still won't be collecting in 20 years.

19. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Nope.

Well maybe, if the Masterpiece line is still around in 20 years.