Will You Be Replacing Your FOC Deployers And Data-Disk With The Rumoured CW Versions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Jul 16, 2015.

?

Will you replace the FOC Deployers & minions with Combiner / Titan Wars versions?

1. Yes

31.3%
  2. No

24.2%
  3. Maybe

20.2%
  4. Other

24.2%
  1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    With the pending releases of Titan Wars Blaster and a likely Titan Wars Soundwave. Along with the announced Combiner Wars Buzzsaw and other leaked / rumoured Combiner Wars minions. I was just wondering who plans to replace their FOC versions in their collections with these updates? Of course this question is meant for those who've been using the FOC versions in their Classic-verse displays.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1046445-titan-wars-blaster-toy-image.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...19-combiner-wars-legends-official-images.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-listings-soundwaves-team-grows-bigger-2.html

Check out: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-who-would-buy-more-foc-styled-data-disk.html

Any Transformers Cloud collectors who will add them in with their TFCloud repurposed selves...???...

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except for Ratbat wasn't using the FOC toys to begin with so yes I'll be using some of these new legends toys. Buzzsaw (and the inevitable Laserbeak redeco) I'll use for sure. Time to retire the Perfect Effect versions from my CHUG shelf.

As for Soundwave and Blaster themselves? Depends on their height. If they're Blitzwing voyager sizeish I might use them. But larger than that and I'd rather just use the Music Label and Device Label toys. If I only had the FOC versions I'd probably replace them anyway because I was never a big fan of the FOC Soundwave/Blaster

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Not "replacing" really... Mine stay on the FOC shelf while these guys go on my Classic/Lost Light shelves. FOC Blaster will be giving up his place on the Lost Light shelf, most likely though.

4. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My FOC Blaster is staying. If the rumored image is what Blaster and Soundwave will look like I'll be saving tons of cash. I didn't care for the FOC Soundwave mold. I prefer the Prime character and mold anyway so no harm. FOC Blaster is so much better than that TW figure.

5. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The FOC Blaster and Soundwave will go on a shelf for FOC. If the leaked image is anything to go by, we are going to get an amazing Blaster figure.

6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    No I like the FoC line a lot. But I will try to find Blaster for my boyfriend.

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why replace? Just add on. I've got like 20 different Classics Primes between the voyager, the shitty deluxe, the WfC, the FoC, the Orion Pax, the CW... As long as the mechanisms of the toy are different, it's a new toy, same character or not.

I think I can live with two (errr...three) Classics Soundwaves.

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't replace something I don't have. So far I only own Music Label Soundwave, and he's a keeper.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Nope.

I'm passing on a lot of the upcoming stuff.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    While that new Laserbeak leaves something to be desired, I found the data discs to be terrible. Only got the ones that came with Soundwave and Blaster, and while I don't mind the FOC mold as Blaster, I am not a huge fan of that Soundwave. I'll keep them both in my collection (cause I am too lazy to hauk them), but that Soundwave is probably the least favorite "classic" figure that I own.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Buy? Maybe. Replace? Nah.

12. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I'll definitely be buying Blaster(*) and Shockwave, but I can't say I'll be "replacing" Blaster. I never bought the FOC version to replace.

*Here's hoping he'll be AT LEAST an Ultra class figure.

13. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

considering I bought and then sold the FOC ravage/frumble and now use the Cybertron Lazerbeak and Device Label Ravage with my FOC Soundwave, Im always on the lookout for better minions, although the Ravage will have to be very good to replace the DL one, so far the only Ravage I like better is the MP version, which I don have

As for replacing Soundwave? Nope, there are 4 characters I have multiple versions of so a new SW would be great

14. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have mostly third-party cassette-updates (except Ravage) - I'm not a huge fan of the PE birds, so I can see maybe moving those out of my main display if the new ones are good.

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

No. I'm really not interested in a modernization of Blaster/Soundwave that don't actually modernize them and instead gives them gimmicks I don't want them to have.

Edit: As for the deployables, I never used the FOC versions, outside of Laserbeak and the upcoming BuzzBeak mold doesn't look any better than the FOC version. For Frumble, I'm thinking of getting the rerelease of the United mold but might go with an upcoming Combiner/Titan Wars Ravage, depending on how he looks.

16. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

replacing why? do you guys have only collect one toy for each character rule or something?

17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nah. FoC figures will move to my Pre-Earth mode shelf. The toys that will probably be kicked out will be my Universe Blaster (the Cybertron Soundwave repaint) and deluxe FoC Soundwave (if they make a Titan Wars Soundwave).

18. TheSupernova

TheSupernova Out there. Thataway.

News Credits:
    Well, every collector is different, you know. :) 

Personally, I'm only after what I consider the best Classics representation of a character. Needless to say, I've sold off my fair share of Primes, Megatrons, and Bumblebees in the process.

I never did have the data discs or the voyagers (though I had strongly considered getting them), so these won't be replacing them per se, but my WFC Soundwave will be going into the sale pile in the near future.

19. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Some collectors seem to go after the definitive version of some characters...others do not adhere to this...there is no wrong answer either way...just conversation mate...:) ...

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like FoC Voyager Blaster...A LOT.

I'm still a little cool on Titan Wars (YOU get a Headmaster! And YOU get a Headmaster!) but it looks like in robot mode Blaster might be good to pose with MPs. I just wouldn't have him on the same shelf as Leader Jetfire, toy scale be damned.

If there's a Leader Soundwave in the works though, that's probably a get because of the Leader Seekers and Megatron. I mean, a theme's a theme. Plus I only have FoC Voyager Soundblaster and WfC Deluxe Soundwave, so they are for different shelves.