Will you be buying MP-44 Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Orbitalchaos, Nov 29, 2018.

?

Are you buying MP-44?

1. Yes

118 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. No

243 vote(s)
    60.4%
  3. Undecided

41 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I consider comic book covers to be pieces of art. There are many things that are art to one person and not to others.
    On the other hand, I do not accept many displays of modern art as pieces of art.
    Art is in the eye of the beholder.

2. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I will probably buy a KO, just so I can display him with the Starscream head and intakes.

As a Prime, he doesn't do much for me, but he wpuld make a decent Starscream, cosplaying as Prime.

3. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

Of course not lol. Why not? There are too many primes. One of my rules of collecting is no more optimus primes. There are simply too many, and there will always be a new version on the horizon. Easy, easy pass regardless of price.

4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I'm not really wanting to buy this new Prime simply because I'm tired of buying the same characters over and over and over.

I mean with this new Optimus, does it mean we're going to see Takara make a new updated MP Sideswipe/Red Alert to be more toon accurate (the recolors to be more toon accurate do not count)? And then a MP new Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen? And then a new MP Wheeljack? A new MP Bumblebee? And then a new MP Ironhide/Ratchet to find ourselves back where we started where toon accuracy fully took over and figures like Inferno/Grapple appearing obsolete and needing updating as well?

I mean, I get some of the MP figures are bad/look dated. Tracks, Rodimus Prime, the Seekers... But I want more new characters. I want a Jazz, a Mirage, Reflector, Trailbreaker/Hoist... How about some more minibots like Cliffjumper, Gears, Huffer, Windcharger, Brawn?

Is it any wonder the 3rd party MPs are so popular that have made characters people want while Takara backtracks and jacks up the prices to outrageous levels.

I mean when my Fans Toys MP scaled Omega Supreme costs less than this new MP Optimus Prime, I think something has gone seriously wrong in the line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    Definitely. I'm firmly in the cartoon accuracy club, love it.

I normally buy around 6 to 8 figures each year, roughly 1 every 2 months for budget reasons, so Prime will just take up 3 purchase slots. If I have to skip a couple lesser releases so be it.

Quality over quantity anytime.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. More people are saying no to MP-44 than I thought.

8. Drangleic

Drangleic Foul in wisdom

Ebay:
    I don't see the $400 value personally. So no, won't get it.

9. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One is in the news section that is for all positive and dissenting opinions alike, and the linked one is for those to appreciate it to do so without the negativity.

10. PaleMoonlight

PaleMoonlight Active Member

Possibly, but only if they do a "budget" just-cab version. Although I don't really see them doing that. Firmly undecided.

11. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

Hell no. The price puts this piece well outside of the rest of my MP collection. Too bad, he's nice. I wouldn't mind owning it. But I honestly wouldn't pay above $200 at this point for any figure for my MP shelves. Especially now that I've started collecting other lines like Diaclone and the WJ OS stuff. That's a lot of money for a figure I already have a serviceable version of for my shelf (YOTH MP-10). Especially considering I picked up the YOTH Prime (with trailer) for $88.

12. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, but only because of the $313 Amazon.co.jp price.

That is at the very upper limit of what Transformers are worth to me, and pretty much only Optimus Prime would be there, and only because it's the 35th anniversary figure.

I am not dropping any money for the also very expensive Masterpiece BW Megatron or Dinobot, no matter who much I want them. Because while I like those characters, I don't like them *that much*.

I would not spend $450 on this though.