Will wonders never cease...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ItsStarscream, Jun 15, 2009.

1. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're not a huge fan of Soundwave you'll probably like this movie. :thumbs2: 

2. JDF

JDF Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with anything you have to say, but for me, SOUND is 75% of the movie experience (and this is coming from a guy who has a 116" 1080p screen). The sound editing, mixing, and sampling in the 1st movie was mind-blowing. To watch it in bootleg form (2.0 channels @ 128kbps MAX) would make me hate it too. People who watch divx and xvid files of movies like this always remind me of this youtube clip of David Lynch:

YouTube - David Lynch on iPhone

3. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

Well no, I'm not that big of a Soundwave (Oh I don't dislike him, he needs to be around, I just consider him /there/ and thats about it LOL) fan though the RPer for [G1] Soundwave in the group I RP with is so wicked as him I will say that, and its pretty enjoyable to read the posts. So perhaps thats a plus that I will like the movie since Im not a big fan of his. Sounds like Sounders got a real work over I take it and I gather not necessarily for the better.

The bootleg I watched of it wasnt bad. The picture was clear and not dark and the sound was not that bad. It was a bootleg from a country that had it released before it was in the US. There wasn't any background noise of people talking for the most part cept for a couple of minutes in the beginning. I think it was some middle eastern language to be honest. I knew it wasn't movie screen quality, more like analog TV quality but there was no way I was going to pay to watch it or have someone else pay for me.

And sadly I cant seem to download the youtube vid for right now. Im on crappy dial up...

4. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    it's going fairly cheap on dvd most places, 12.99AUD over here, so i'd assume something similar over in the states. at this point, the majority of the profit would be going towards the retailer rather than the studio anyway.

5. ItsStarscream

ROFLMAO ok I saw the video!! Thats great!!

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, it's nice to hear you eventually found some bit of piece with BayFormers. Personally I just chill and let it all wash over me now and go with the flow. I'm too tired to battle peoples much anymore. Be interested in what you have to say after a full watch of the final movie.

And transeeker, Autobloke is watching you... ;) 

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While I like some of the improvements the movie look is never going to be my thing. It just doesn't appeal to me from a visual point of view no matter how much work ILM puts into blending the robots into the shot. Doesn't mean other people don't have a reason to like them but for me there just isn't any appeal to the look.

My expectations from the rumors are that my reaction to the film is going to be mixed. Like the last time there should be things I really like and things that I just don't like at all. The only real question for me is will the good be good enough for me to want to see the film more than once or will the bad be so bad I never want to see the film again. So far the track record isn't too good because I've never seen any Bay film more than once.

So with the chances fairly high that I'll only see the film once I'll see it on the big screen. Then enjoy all the fan fights over the movie.

In the end though it's just one chapter out of how many Transformers chapters? Plus it's not like the movie related stuff is the only thing Transformers we will get from now until the end of time, so if I wait around long enough something more appeal to me will come along.

8. transeeker

transeeker PSN: NTPrime

haha. nice to hear from you again.

9. ItsStarscream

Blokie? O_O !!!!!!!!!!!! HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hands you pie*

Mmmm how many from the movieboard (that I would know) are here? :p 

Yea I suppose I did find some peace with it. Or maybe deep down I was tired of it all...Nittis reworkings were what did it for me. Oh sure, what I wouldnt give for him to have been able to totally redesign the Air Commander from the ground up. I would bet nearly anything we'd have something far better then what bay gave us but for what he had to work with, I can deal with it.

Oh I am never going to be a huge fan of Bays Transformers. If I go see it in the theater which I just might I will make sure I disengage my brain before the movie starts. I still dont care for the basic design style, the way the entire thing has been handled from the beginning (which as far as Im concerned can be directly attributed to Bay and Speilberg). But if I can at least get some enjoyment out of T2, keep it separate from the better renditions/universes then I suppose it can't do that much harm. I would also like to hop that maybe...maybe in a few years someone comes along and does a reboot of it like what was done with Batman.....one can only hope.

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Mmm... pie...

There are a few old TFLers sneaking about over here. Ones I remember mostly kicking it here now and then are Covenant and Xaxis.

I can't remember if you said you might buy some ROTF figures now you've softened to things a bit but you should totally get Ransack and repaint him as Starscream. That old bi-plane thingy look is special. :) 

11. Getter Rekka

Getter Rekka Well-Known Member

Hi, I kind of remember you from the movie boards.

Unfortunately I can't agree with you. In some ways I find this movie worse. At least the first movie introduced Prime and Jazz who looked like their original counterparts. TF2 is introducing a bunch of "new" characters that from the clips I've seen and from their designs I find to be quite shallow. Not everyone's going to be the same though, and maybe you found something I didn't in it.

Honestly looking around at the boards, there is a huge amount of pressure to like the movie. Just see the thread I made "my disappointments with the movie". It's crazy.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea the pressure now for everyone to like everything is just insane. Transformers fans have never agreed on things in the past so why should now be any different? It just seems logical that with so many of us having so many different tastes that some of us will love the movie and others of us just aren't going to find it appealing.

Oh but heaven's forbid you don't find the movies to be your cup of tea or find some flaw with any aspect of the film.

13. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

TF is not citizen kane or something, its based from a toy robot show and does exactly wat it intends to do, be a popcorn flick and entertain....

i like the design since i dont wanna watch a bunch of cardboard box robot fighting eachother like in the Power Ranger Days, lol...

14. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I never thought I'd see the day.

15. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Raises HAND.

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Your Hand is Love.

You knew I'd pop up and say that, didn't you? It's got that beacon-like attraction like 'And now I know...' :) 

17. Covenant

Ebay:
    AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

And yes. :) 

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I declare this the TFL Homage thread! :p 

19. Covenant

Ebay:
    I'll grab the hoverdonkeys.

oOer?

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Maidel's Pantcakes for his hive mind collective and Wavecrusher's metal fish attack.