Will we see Windblade in the Movie-verse someday?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zylly103, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regardless of your opinion on Windblade as a character (I happen to like her a lot myself), there's no denying that she's made a splash and received a huge push as a character. She's had multiple comic series, received multiple figures (across multiple size classes and lines, some of which were exclusives), and has or will appear in no less than three different cartoon continuities (RiD2015, Machima, and now Cyberverse). She's pretty close to hitting Prime/Bee/Megatron/Starscream level character placement.

About the only place left for her to be inserted to is the movie universe.

How likely do we think this is? I know the last foray of female Transformers didn't go so well... but that was nearly a decade ago.

Time for a change, I think.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

God i hope not, there are better fembots to push

• Like Like x 7
  3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Sausage puns are the wurst

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    This^

• Like Like x 1
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Could you give examples?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She is the one character that should never be in a movie unless a Decepticon (or Autobot) decides to rip her spark out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say, I was not expecting this much hostility to the idea.

To each their own, though. I’m sure there’s something or someone I’d balk at too.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Airazor, Elita-1, Nautica, Slipstream, Chromia, and so forth.

• Like Like x 4
  8. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

I don’t know much about her other than she seems to have way too many toys. I wouldn’t be against her, but she seems quite hated by some. I’m assuming she’s not handled well in the comics?

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    She actually is handled very well in the comics albeit not without a few hiccups but nothing too bad.

As for the idea I'm up for it and at this rate I wouldn't be at all surprised if she eventually makes her way into a future movie.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Maybe. But her character model would need a rework. The entire design in a live action movie would look like trying to hard to be a human in a robot suit... Even harder than it was with AoE/TLK Drift and Crosshairs.

11. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

Surely the way they’d do her in live action is to basically make a female Drift?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Drift has parts resembling Japanese scalloped armor on his limbs and wears a helmet... But the rest of the body is pretty much a very robotic carbot.

WB design is a human girl in a metallic tight body suit with jet parts hung from her back... That's a level of terrible that basically calls for redesigning her entire body from the neck down just to achieve the movieverse Drift level of quality.

But movie studios spend on really good concept artists so I think a good designer could rework WB into something much less silly and still looking like WB.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

If the movies prove successful enough from Bumblebee in this new direction, I would think so...however at the same time she's going to look terrible because her design was focused more on the robot mode than having a convincing ability of transforming.

And Hasbro being insistent that her design never be altered no matter what is not reassuring that including her won't be a straight copy-paste of the terrible design.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I could see it happening, but I hope it doesn't. I really don't get why Hasbro keeps trying to push Windblade, because it doesn't seem like she's overly popular. I mean a lot of fans accept her, but I've heard very few who love her. A couple months back my Meijer had a whole rack of Windblades rotting at discount, even after the other characters had sold, lol.

And then you have a character like Nautica, who's a fan favorite, but Hasbro doesn't do much with. I kind of wish Hasbro would replace Windblade with Nautica, because she's much more beloved.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    It's mostly TFW2005 that doesn't find her appealing because everywhere else she gets more praise in comparison or at least more so. Also Hasbro pushes things that sell the most and it's a good sign that Windblade is among them.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Autobot Burnout

You do realize that the whole "Hi I'm Windblade!" joke about the lame Machinima cartoons is specifically because of how terrible a character she is?

And it isn't because 'she sells the most' because she certainly does NOT. Hasbro's been shoving her in everywhere because she was the "Fan Built Bot" - which predictably made the epitome of 'bad fanfiction OC' an official product, in addition to pretty much being what everybody was fearing Drift was going to be when he was originally introduced. And yet the last toy of her was the TR Mold (of which I never even saw in stores and I don't know if it's any better than the supremely mediocre Generations figure), so why does she somehow 'sell' by your words when she doesn't even have product on the shelf to begin with?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

I like Windblade's character in the comics. But it's a position and a story arc that probably can't be well told in films, so in terms of character, a movie Windblade would probably be closer to her completely awful Machinima characterization. Or her RID2015 personality, where the writers parodied the "Windblade's great!" hype with her ridiculous backstory. Good thing the rest of the show downplayed that.

It's a fair possibility, given the focus Hasbro is giving her.

• Like Like x 2
  18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Or something new altogether for her. I mean you'd never know.

19. Autobot Burnout

That would run completely counter-intuitive to why Windblade would ever be added in the first place. That's the great irony - change anything about her and she becomes nothing more than a nameslap, but without the ability to be altered in any significant way to be an improved character type or have a design that's better suited to be within the style of any given show or other media type, she sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Like Like x 3
  20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    The Machinima Windblade doesn't represent the character in the franchise as a whole like how the other characters in all of Machinema's shows don't represents their other versions as a whole so it's unfair to use one badly handled version of a character to use an argument to saying why this character in all iterations is bad overall. That's like saying that Hot Rod's a terrible character overall in the brand just because he wasn't handled right in Machinema or how Optimus Prime is a violent warrior in the bran because that was what he was in the movie verse only.

Also I've read somewhere in the past that you admit to actually NEVER READING ANY of her comics at all so if that's the case then why do you keep on calling Windblade a terrible character and saying she's everything people feared Drift of being or rather what he used to be when you yourself actually admitted to never actually checking out any of her books? That makes NO sense whatsoever. Not to mention where's your proof of her not selling well? Even if she's having a hard time getting a toy out has it ever occurred to you that it's likely that Hasbro's having a tough time getting it's products out at store retail lately not because Windblade sells poorly because she's the next BW Nightscream,Energon Ironhide to you?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4