Will we see a WFC Shockwave toy ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Taking in consideration that he was a preorde exclusive and now a DLC character, do you think hasbro will make a Shockwave toy? For what I understand the reason for the G1 lack of reissue is because of someone else holding the rights for that particular toy. Now since this would be a totally different toy mold, could they do it ? I wouldn't even think about not buying that figure. I would get it in a heartbeat.
    Fire away guys.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's definitely a possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. If the five WfC figures we're already getting sell well enough, they'll make more of them. Starscream has been mentioned as one of the first one's they'd like to do if they do more of them. Shockwave, while certainly a popular character with the fan-base, might not sell as well as others would. Though with him
    being a villain in TF3
    , he might have a better chance at being made in other lines as well.

As for the situation with G1 Shockwave's mold rights belonging to someone else, that only pertains to that mold, and wouldn't in any way affect Hasbro creating a new Shockwave toy (kinda like G1 Jetfire and Classics Jetfire).

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Without spoiling anything, I'd say that with Shockwave's important role in a certain upcoming toyline, he won't be released as a WFC for now to avoid too similar toys (as was the case with animated/universe cyclonus)

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I hope the WfC toys sell well, I'm going to buy a Soundwave when he comes out, he'll be my first Soundwave toy. :) 

I typically toys if I like the character, and I usually only buy one of each character. I already have several of the characters that aren't wfc canon, so I'm not sure how many wfc toys I'd buy. If I could, I'd buy a Breakdown toy, maybe a Brawl, but not much else.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    repaint of megatron with different headscult? but i dont know about you guys but in my area (small town as it maybe) the wfc stuff is not moving fast

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I would be very tempted to get a WFC Shockwave. I love his flying Cadillac mode.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Probably not.

And by probably I mean "most deffinately."

Why? They look absolutely nothing alike.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On the bright side Hasbro seems interested in the character again since they made a toy of him for Transformers Animated so he seems to be back on the list of characters they use.

Bad part is with him being in the movie line that could really kill any chances of him getting in the Generations line. The movies seem to take priority so it could be a case like with Jazz where it happens but it takes years after the movie.

On the bright side though at least they only need the War for Cybertron figure since he's not known for an Earth mode. So fingers crossed that the War for Cybertron figures do well enough for Hasbro to keep doing those figures for a while.

9. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i havent played the game and the only pic i saw of him i thought he looked a lot like him (vehicle mode pic) maybe i am way off base on that comment need to look at pics again

OH wow i just googled a pic of him i dont know what i saw that made me think that, he looks awesome though! a toy of him would be epic and i wouldnt want a g1 version, wfc would be enough for me

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, for one, a large portion of Shockwave's vehicle mode becomes a massive left arm cannon, and also he's a jet, not a tank, and overall is heavily based on G1 Shockwave with the window chest and has little wings on his back from the aformentioned jet form.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I hope so.

12. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i feel that being the wfc line is seperate from even what we call generations, just put in there to get them to market, one can hope all of the figures will get done. also shockwave has a very nice robot mode and would look so different from anything they come up with in the movies we can have some hope he will get done.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The "WFC line" isn't separate.

14. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a wfc jetfire

15. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

WFC Shockwave...

As much as I want more WFC figures.

And as much as I want a new Shockwave figure.

I would say no.

We havnt seen any repaints, let alone new molds of WFC figures...

Time will tell. But as of now, I think we get only 4 figures from WFC...

Oh well. My Cyb BB is awesome! And I'll display him on my shelf foe years to come...

Then Activision may produce a WFC 2. And maybee we'll get more figures out of that one... Time will tell...

16. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I mildly like Deluxe sized TF toys. so I wouldn't buy a Deluxe sized WFC Shockwave because it's too small.

now if the WFC toys did some voyager sized toys. I'd buy a voyagert sized WFC Shockwave toy. if it's that design I saw a few months ago on the internet.

17. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

WFC Cliffjumper is already confirmed.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Actually it was sort of a smart idea to put War for Cybertron toys into the Generations line.

War for Cybertron is an untested new look so Hasbro has no idea if kids and fans will buy these figures. If you have a separate War for Cybertron line you've taking a big risk on the number of figures it would take to make a line. By inserting them into Generations you don't need as many figures so the risk for Hasbro is lower.

Plus retailers are not the smartest of things when it comes to toys. Do you take the chance retailers will accept three line with Generations, Hunt for the Decepticons and War for Cybertron or do you hedge your bets with getting retailers to take only two lines while still getting out War for Cybertron, hybrid figures, and anything else they could put under just two banners.

It's also not like Hasbro only has a limited window. If War for Cybertron figures take off like crazy then they can always do more figures down the road.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'd rather see a G1 update, but then again I'm not really into the WfC stuff myself.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

In fact, it's not a "line" at all. The WFC toys are just a few figures thrown into Generations to promote the game. I would not expect to see much in way of new WFC molds past Soundwave. Hasbro did say Starscream was on a short list, but even that was stated as a maybe.

Shockwave seems very unlikely to me, given he's not one of the top tier characters from the game. He was only a special preorder/download character that you can only play in one of the multiplayer modes.
    And like a few others have pointed out, I think plans for a new figure of the character is being saved for a different line.