Will we ever see the more obscure bots in MP scale?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wardamnpjm, Oct 25, 2016.

1. wardamnpjm

wardamnpjm Well-Known Member

With most of the 84-86 cast being done by one company or another...will we eventually see the more obscure characters get the MP treatment,or do you guys think third party companies will revert to improved models of characters already produced? Or.....will third party and TT move on to other lines,like Beast Wars..etc. At this point we are lacking just Cliffjumper from the "84" cast(yes I know XTB teased one). Powerglide is the only major player left in "85". From "86" we are missing Hubcap(CJ repaint),Ramhorn,Steeljaw,(although KFC does have a rep of these),Arcee and skylynx. Do you guys think after these few core characters are done that we'll see MP third party combiner wars or do we get more obscure guys like skids,Top-Spin,Twin-Twist,the deluxe Insecticons,Roadbuster,Whirl,Omnibots,Runabout,Runamuck,Broadside,sandstorm,and Gnaw? Where do you guys see the third party companies going after the major core characters are done?

In my opinion we are entering MP combiner wars. FT just teased Devastator and TW has already produced Constructor. As much as I would love to have all the G1 combiner's in MP scale....I would also absolutely love to have some of the more obscure guys get the MP treatment as well! Hopefully it happens!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Well, technically we have an MP Sandstorm by UT - but it's so ugly, it scares the crap out of the toilet. And in "shark" mode the iGear and UT Sharkticons do their job.

Now, Runamuck and Runabout would be two characters some fans would enjoy! They were two funny dudes. I thought about getting the Generations Wheeljack repaints, but they don't quite fit aesthetically. I'd buy MP versions of them.

Galvatron: [to Runabout and Runamuck] First you two let Scourge and Starscream steal one of Trypticon's eyes...
    Galvatron: [to Thrust and Dirge] And then you two allowed Astrotrain to be used as their escape vehicle; so Scourge is helping Starscream voluntarily, and you four were unable to stop them! Well, all I can say is...
    [short pause]
    Galvatron: RAAAAAGH!
    [shoots screen]

• Like Like x 4
  3. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    There's still a whole bunch of combiner guys yet to be done. Ignoring scale/"aesthetic style", we are lacking G1 versions of a lot of the teaams. G1 Breakdown is a Countach. If it's not a Countach, then it's not a G1 Breakdown. Same for BlastOff---if it isn't "Columbia, but painted brown" then it's not BlastOff. And pretty much every other Stunticon/Combaticon/Protectobot. (And Uranus just sucks, even if most of the alt-modes are correct). The "beast" combiners have a lot more leeway, as land-sharks and 2-headed cyber-dragons are fictional and are open to a lot of interpretation as to their alt-modes. But for those with "real-life vehicles from the 80's"----IDW etc versions do not cut it, as "G1/MP versions". For me at aleast.

• Like Like x 3
  4. wardamnpjm

:lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  5. wardamnpjm

I think we are definitely about to see a full on MP combiner war with the third parties that can pull them off. I just hope that some of these companies start giving us some of the obscure characters that rarely ever get the treatment. Personally I won't ever feel like my shelves are complete without them.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'm not often convinced by third party MP's and offcourse they tend to be (a little) more expensive. I am also not a MP collector but i would like an MP Barrage, Mindwipe and Paradron Medic and more popular: Galvatron, Astrotrain so for the latter i think Takara will come through soon enough, for the former i'll wait and see.
    Am curious how Takara will do combiners though.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    MP Punch/Counterpunch when?

[i was gonna say MP Snapdragon/Apeface but i feel like those are a little more likely now that guys like MT and FT are going more and more the route of Headmasters. Still wanna see em, tho!]

That said, I really really wanna see MT do a MP Punch/Counterpunch. I think he'd be amazing with their styling <3

• Like Like x 1
  8. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes. Because we already are. We have Beast Wars characters, we have IDW characters, we have IDW versions of G1 characters. All in MP scale.

9. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, i think we will probably get everybody, in every scale, in a few different flavors.. there must be money to make in 3p because there are MFG's coming out of the woodwork.

Great time to be a Transformer fan.

10. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

And we have an MP Bludgeon coming from DNA.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    MP ROTF Bludgeon that is.
    Sorry but that thing is never G1 Bludgeon.

12. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    I would totally break my "had to appear in the G1 cartoon seasons 1, 2 or movie" rule for Twin-Twist and Top Spin as I had them as a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jdbrewer

jdbrewer Well-Known Member

I really hope so, the more obscure the Character, the more it seems that I'm interested, lately. Those 3rd party takes on Doublecross and Repungus look great, I just wish I'd heard of the Company making them.

14. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

You can take those two off the list, those two are the only G1 figures that were already Masterpieces and couldn't possibly be improved. Look at these pics from their patent, especially the bot mode, utter perfection.

runabout or amuck.jpg

Id love to see the Omnibots and these in MP style.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that after the inevitable Skids war we get the Ombibots...seems like them and then the Battlechargers and Power dashers are just about all we have left for those first years that are still untouched by anyone

16. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

well, we're getting frigging MP scaled Monsterbots. those three aren't exactly mainstream so I'd say anything's possible...

17. Staldo

Staldo Well-Known Member

How about all the super gimmick based characters that don't get any love. Sparkabots, firecons (Why the hell didn't they call them the sparkticons, it rolls so nicely off the tongue)
    I actually loved the G2 color changing guys with the squirt guns. Deluge, Drench, etc. And the laser rods, who were based on souped up classic cars. I'll start the 3P company to make poseable high quality versions of these characters and lose my shirt, my home and my dignity LOL.

18. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Fanstoys is releasing Weirdwolf. He isn't exactly an A-Lister. A very small number of fans were asking for Hotlink, Bitstream and Nacelle and they're on the way from BB7.

Sure they're all just easy palette swaps- but they are definitely D-Listers (or less) in the Transformers universe. I'm tucking away some money for a G1 inspired Doubledealer, Squeezeplay and a MP Mindwipe whose design I'm happy with. I would have expected all 3 of those before the aforementioned seeker color swaps.

Some manufactures are willing to take a chance on lesser known characters.

19. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

Thunderwing would be awesome. Bludgeon, too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Not sure what my obsession is, but I've always wanted a MP Devcon; come on Fans Toys!