Will this be the Biggest TF Film to date?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dotmshockwave, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Based off of how much filming and how many locations have been filmed and the set pieces we have seen. Either Plot wise to cost wise to action wise. What do you guys think. Title says it all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeletedUser_106023

DeletedUser_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely!! I also think the most robot and space centered. Also, its definitely plot and cost wise not action wise. We've hardly seen them shoot big action, so I definitely think it's gonna be a 40-45% CGI movie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'm going to say that the film will have a slightly greater budget than AoE. I expect for there to be more sequences in space and more scenes that require CGI. I am hoping that this film will use it's CGI budget wisely and not use a large chunk of it on a big "money shot" character like Devastator or the Driller. I expect for there to be about the same amount of action as there was in AoE. Plot wise I feel that we will have the biggest story with multiple storylines and plot points going on at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

no

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Why don't you think that Autobot Burnout. I am just curious btw.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

No reason to believe this is any bigger an undertaking than AoE being filmed so much in China.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There seems to be a lot of potential and ambition for this film much like there was for TF2.
    The domestic profits have been falling so I don't know if they were allowed a higher budget for TF5.

8. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    I say, There is an high chance for The Bayformer's to make Redemption. The only film, I did not enjoy was Age of Extinction. To be truthful. I've only went to see it, For Megatron and Lockdown. So, Hopefully there's something worth out of TF5. As for profit. I'm hoping the CGI segment's, Is like Dark of the Moon. Age of Extinction's CGI, Just felt sloppy and barely in completion. Either way, I look forward to the film.

9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    I just hope it's not the longest!

• Like Like x 1
  10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'd say yes, considering they're taking the films in a (relatively) new direction. They now have a cinematic universe to set up, which Barricade's return is likely a part of, since he's likely to be a major villain in the Bumblebee movie. Speaking of which, there's a far more distinct group of villains this film, which is likely also for marketing purposes, since Hasbro reportedly has more power now. The rumored mini Dinobots line up with that, since they're likely just to sell toys, considering Hasbro's currant obsession with mini TF. Not to mention, the new girl and Squeeks make this movie look like it's going to be more kid friendly, which would mean a completely different tone from the last two films.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why wouldn't it be?! It might as well be a running trend!

Serious version, I don't really know. Though it seems every day, the cast of TFs gets bigger and bigger!

I still wanna believe what Hasbro says about 'controlling the creative direction of the franchise', but parts of the press seem to wanna insinuate otherwise.

Anyway, I'll wait and see.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The way sequels typically go, this might be the least big.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to say no on a bigger budget.

One of the Bay strong points as a director is he's very much an on budget director. Other directors might have budgets get out of control but no matter how much more they go with action or effects Bay still delivers on time and on budget. Plus Bay has managed these films in so many locations world wide that if any one should have a handle on filming all over the world it would be Bay.

I also can't see Paramount wanting to go crazy with the budget. So many of their films have done less than projected or hoped for at the box office that they don't seem to have the deep pockets of a Disney or Warner Brothers right now. It's also not clear if this is really going to be the movie that turns around the box office from loosing ground to gaining ground. My gut feeling from watching the business side of Hollywood is that Transformers 5 will not have the largest budget of the movies out next year.

Plot and story bigger? I'll put that as a really strong maybe. I'm pretty sure Paramount didn't go out and assemble a lot of talent for a writers room just for the heck of it. I have no idea what sort of movie the writers room came up with, but if the special effects aren't enough for the Transformers movie any more then the logical place to turn things around would the sort of story, characters, and plot that fills up theaters.

• Like Like x 1