Will there be another G1 reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jasonsmith, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Chunkylover

Chunkylover Member

Would a kickstarter style campaign work to get more reissues? I wish we could get more but understand the cost and demand issues. What if Hasbro/Takara set a goal for a limited run of a certain figure and if enough people paid up front to cover the cost, they'd produce it? Maybe even take a poll for the preferred figure. Could it work? I have no idea how much each figure costs to make. Does anyone know that?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what? I was looking at the E-Hobby reissues and they're not listed there, which is why I thought they didn't exist. Apparently they were actually re-issued directly by Takara for conventions before the encore series even started. They're so rare they (the coneheads) only show up in google searches with the occasional forum thread asking about them.

So you're have to forgive me for not knowing about a super-obscure, japanese convention exclusive set that's not even listed in the "reissue" pages of all the places online that list reissues.

3. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Hasbro Commemorative Line ended because of low sales, right? I was a fan of the packaging with all of the different reissue lines that we got from Hasbro and Takara. Didn't care much for the actual figures since they were G1 bricks.

I really think Hasbro and/or Takara should do this. It seems like a no-brainer. Utilize the power and flexibility of the internet. You also have new fans who never collected G1 but might be interested in the early parts of the franchise wanting to buy reissues now. Even if you turn a small profit or just break even on a reissue line, it's a big deal because it bolsters the franchise and the fanbase. Not every product has to be a homerun in sales!

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The Commemorative Series ran for 9 waves, the first 2 being damned near impossible to find with everything after just sitting.

It was pretty much bungled from the start. They underproduced popular characters like Optimus Prime, Hotrod, and Starscream. Then they jacked up the prices (literally doubled) and kept them there even as they wound down to guys like Hoist and Tracks that weren't moving. Couldn't spend a nickel to clean up that sneer on Jazz's face either. Then there was the herping and derping that was letting Sideswipe rot in Canadian warehouses until they were dumped on Kay Bee for pennies on the dollar (I lucked into a pile of them because it sure wasn't widespread knowledge). Can't believe somebody looked at that wave and said "yeah, let's put this blue hatchback on shelves and hide the red Lamborghini, I r so smrt." Line went out with a wimper as Astrotrain, the first really interesting release since Apex Prime in wave 2, was hidden on Hasbro Toy Shop. And if you look at what was supposedly upcoming, rumor was Ironhide, Ramjet, and Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker was probably a lie but Ironhide? Come on, I like Minivan Turbo, but his toy is a basket case. That's not what you release to save a line that's in trouble. Meanwhile Japan gets Soundwave, Hound, Blitzwing, etc. Who knows, someday there might've been an Encore Wheeljack if Hasbro and Toys R Us had been smarter and subsequently continued to fund their part of the project's tooling costs...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Do you know what is sad? You have issues with the fact I have disabilities that I have to deal with 24/7/365. And I have done nothing to you.

But hey... Ignore the fact that you do not want your kids to be treated the way you choose to treat me. Because until you can talk to me like an adult, I am requesting that you do not talk to me at all.

Oh, and Takara no longer exists. Tomy, the owner of the name and its content, only calls itself "TakaraTomy" in Japan because it saves them money. So your collection os no different than a European Transformers fan mixing Milton Bradley with its Hasbro replacements.

And also... I revere individuality, not condesending attitudes. Hence the request. Because you went from being one of thr many I wanted to meet, to being one of the few that make me want to leave.

QUOTE="G1Prowl, post: 14064302, member: 68715"]This part I guess I'm not understanding. The TFC toy WAS a reissue, and was put out as Ricochet in the US.[/QUOTE]

Takara's "The Transformers Collection" is not Hasbro's Commemorative Series. And neither have shared 100% of the names. Huge difference and why he was named Stepper in Japan, and debuted in Hasbro's territories as Ricochet.

I would have been willing to send you my complete G1 checklist when it is completed. But I can only assume that you would find a way to berate me for doing something I hope would help others.

Hence the request.

6. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    And the fixes debuted on the TFC Stepper, which utilized the new face mold.

...or you could just push him in toes first and bend him over after the feet are in. Spike's thighs assembled backwards don't really affect him beyond aesthetics. A more common QC issue was pieces flat out missing.

I certainly hope not. I initially dismissed the TFC reissues because I wanted consistent packaging, but then I realized how stupid that was since the boxes just go into my closet and it's the toy inside that matters the most.

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It still didn't work, anyway I tried, on both copies. Only works if I stick out one leg, which makes me believe that there is a misshapen part somewhere within the tower part. I've tried comparing it to my Brave Max, which has no issues whatsoever and I'll be darned if I can figure it out. But two Encore copies have the same problem, so I can't believe that others do not.

As for pieces missing, neither had that issue. Although Gasket and Grommet both also had mold issues where tolerances are that great.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Things that were not brought up in my post: my kids and your disabilities.

My post, if you reread it, is about SYMPATHIZING with your OCD if you have it. I can't stick an A/E/C mold in with my CHUG collection, even if it was a repaint EXCLUSIVE to a CHUG line. To me, it's an A/E/C toy. THAT was the point I was getting at. That I basically see your issue, except in reverse.

My 15 year old has a really bad habit of projecting, and amping up things she turns around on you to try to make it seem like you're personally attacking things you're not, and to be frank, that is exactly what this portion of your post feels like.

"Katie, your room is a mess. There's seriously food on the floor in multiple places, you need to clean it up."

"What, so I'm worthless? My life just isn't good enough for you? I don't live up to some lofty expectation, maybe I should just die, right?!?!?!?"

That was Monday night after work. And that's the vibe I'm getting right now.

And speaking of disabilites: I have SPD (Look it up, it's a real treat. Mine's right along with the "Princess and the Pea" thing, including the issue with tags.), my OWN special OCD issues, ADHD, combat related PTSD, and I have a permanent 10% disability from a back injury during my deployment to Iraq. So don't accuse me of not understanding disabilities, or mistreating disabilites. I don't need a lecture from you about disabilites, I'm well acquainted.

The second half of this is correct, I do not care if a toy was released by Hasbro, Takara, or in the case of when I collected G1 stuffs Estralia or Antex. If a toy is released that is not a KO or 3P, and it is a mold that belongs in a line/series/aesthetic I collect, then I get it. Movieverse Fracture? On my shelf. Henkei Astrotrain and Megatron? On my shelf. As a loose collector, package lines mean nothing to me. I write my own "fanon", so I don't need to adhere vehemently to the G1 storyline, for instance.

But... my form of collecting is pretty damn individualistic. I don't place hold, I don't 3P, and I flat out REFUSE to have a Wreckers display. I also have a Classics Legion collection, something else pretty unique. I guess I don't understand why the part I quoted above even applies.

And for those that don't separate their packages OR their US/JP fiction, it doesn't MATTER which version came out when, or which version you get. Honestly, you could get every release of Meister, Jazz, Stepper, AND Ricochet and have them AFA graded, along with loose ones in alt AND bot mode. It's your collection, do as you wish. Just understand not everyone does it your way, nor do they find relevance in such fine lines of distinction with what is essentially the same toy.

To Fenrir's credit, he is an AFA collector, if memory serves, so the packaging is essential. Those of us that collect loose sometimes forget this.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    And I'm kind of hoping that they DO lay off the reissues, odds are a G1 blue Bluestreak reissue would kill any chance of a blue Bluestreak from the Universe/Henkei mold.

10. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I apologize for misreading.

But I said I have OCPD, which is auditory not systematic. Meaning that even having any number of AFA figures does not help me feel comfortable right off the spot as I once hoped. And literally caused me to go Galvatron mode on more than one item.

I also said that I have anxiety because I am an Aspie. This is because my brain relies on logic, not social environments. And it ends up having me react negatively to things when amped up. Especially when my body has a hard time recovering.

This is heriditary, and is why one set of writers think that my famous cousin was Jack the Ripper.

And my OCPD is why I hate having a near-photographic memory. Objects and events have me relive those moments, and I have to go as far from it as possible. This site, for example, was one for a 2013 reason. But it took me around a month to find people as reasons to join.

And also... On a more positive note... You did snap me out of my need to complete a series. So belated thanks for that.