Will there be an original third party Bruticus?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by masishadow, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good question. Though I'd have to say that with all the G1 combiners (except for Predaking, though that's still borderline), the limbs were practically vehicle limbs, given what their "bot" modes looked like.

@ Duckett: Not arguing about what people prefer. That's why I said I'd be in the minority. That said, I much preferred these two figs as individual figs instead of attachments to that Hasbro monstrosity.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In a heartbeat! I ended up liking/loving the bots as individuals, but you're damned right, I would've bought them for the upgrade pieces and plain humvee and jets.

At that point, it'd just be considered an upgrade kit like anything Dr. Wu or any other company does, which I support as well (granted they look good).

I never said that you thought that the bots were "easy profit"... I'm not getting "angry", but I'm definitely getting turned off to the conversation in seeing that you're repeatedly saying things I didn't say, or even imply.

But realistically, you've spoken multiple times about there being this untapped market and whatnot that "they'd be fools to not take advantage of"... if you're not assuming that there's a profit in that market, then why would you even suggest it as a motivation for them to do a project?

And lol@Simpsons.

Absolutely, I read well and clear that you quoted yourself as in the minority, and honestly, even I have a set to just have displayed as individual bots.

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

You guys still at it? That's amazing.

How about a poll on who wants what or don't?

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

:lol 

5. seali_me

hahahaha

Seriously though, how many actually bought FP add-ons and how many didn't and how many actually want another option. I'm pretty sure the FP owners are just minority here. So the market for another one isn't as bad as you some of you might think or assume...

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Wow... I think something that everyone can agree on has finally been posted.

7. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I think you're misunderstanding me. I DO think the bots are easy profit for them. You seem to fundamentally think that point is false and there's really nothing I can do to expand upon that. All I'm saying here is that I've stated all my reasons, you've stated all your reasons, all we can do is repeat. Neither side is convinced.

I am not accusing you of getting angry, I'm accusing myself of having too much invested in an argument that can't possibly progress beyond this point because neither side can back up their argument with solid sales numbers, a representative from FP, or something else that would definitively close the argument. Even the results of a poll would be deeply flawed. All that is left is to believe what we believe and either it'll happen or it doesn't.

We have, however, definitively determined that TJ and I shouldn't open a 3rd party company together because we'd spend all day arguing about strategy.. but we'd probably buy each other's products.

8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I think between the two of us we'd have the whole goddamned fanbase covered: That's for sure! :lol 

9. seali_me

Thing is I think all of you have FP Bruticus. The ones who didn't buy one, for whatever the reason, isn't heard here. Like all of you took over the thread and rendered it quite useless now. I would love to hear from other people as well.

10. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    That's fair, we have completely derailed the thread, though the question posed in the OP is "should I buy Bruticus" which implies "I want to hear from Bruticus Owners."

But I admit I have derailed it, in that the reasons for my answer to the question took over the whole thread. So.. my bad, OP.

11. seali_me

Buncha fanboys.

[​IMG]

A poll wouldn't hurt.

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Do you have a folder on your computer labelled "dudes having a good time in water"?

Because if so, good idea. Both of those have been awesome so far.

14. seali_me

Damn it all.

15. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Change that to "black dudes having a good time in water" and you've got the folder I'm about to make, lmao.

16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

17. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I think we should make a poll about whether black dudes are better at partying in a tub than other races. My cursory search of google suggests that they are.

18. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Will the victims of this derailing be considered casualties or CAUSALITIES!?

[​IMG]

There is no abbreviation that accurately described how hard or suddenly I laughed... so I will just write that I laughed very hard and very suddenly.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    HAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Alright... well, I guess we should get to a more preferred subject matter before seeing it locked up... even though this thread instantly became the "complete and utter shit" tonight.

Hmmmmm... we've talked all things FP Bruticus to death, and then beat the dead horse with bats until we couldn't feel feelings anymore, so....

This may sound like an oddball one, but I'd like to see Perfect Effect's version of a Bruticus toy.

I'm a sucker for cybertronian aesthetics, and they're pretty much the bees knees at that styling.