Will there be a Masterpiece Optimus Prime V3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Coconut, Nov 15, 2016.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    probably more likely Ginrai, although the Legends version might push that off a couple years.

2. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    But the scale in G1 has always been iffy. Everyone swears by that size chart, but not even the cartoon followed it that well. Not to mention that these actually transform, whereas the cartoon just made parts shrink, inflate, or just flat-out disappear.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    The back end mostly.
    I'm sure Takara will be able to engineer a prime that has a slimmer, more realistic truck mode, perhaps having some of the bulk of the legs actually going into the front of the truck.

This should slim the legs down a bit too.

Double jointed elbows and knees, more mobility in the hips and a different head sculpt would be great too.
    In the recent image with MP Megatron Optimus just looks so lifeless by comparison.

But better robot mode proportions would be the main thing I'd like to see.

Btw, don't get me wrong, I love MP10. He's one of my favorite figures still.

4. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Count me in for a version 3 but I don't want it to be like Inferno, which is wayyyyyy to boring. Unfortunately, if they made one, that's what he'd look like.

5. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

i think/hope we'll get Ginrai/Powermaster Prime before a V3.

im not too enamoured with the overly toony recent reditions, so would hope that this gets dropped soon. much prefer to have to have a decent alt mode.

MP10 is fine as is in my opinion, though the biceps could be bigger..
    as for the 'scale chart' - screw that: let the alt mode dictate the size, (apart from the military vehicles/planes, that would be silly).

6. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    The front of the truck is already full as it is, I don't see how you can get leg bulk in there.

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I personally think MP-10 is about perfect.

That said, it doesn't fit the aesthetic they're going for with Shockwave, Megatron, etc. He has a LOT more technical detailing than they do.

I don't think I'd want this new version, but it's going to happen eventually.

8. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

Will there be an MP Optimus V3? Yes.

Is it a good idea? From the Takara/Hasbro point of view, yes. Producing Optimus Prime figures are the closest thing to a "sure bet" that the Transformers line has.

From the fan standpoint? Yes. Wait, hear me out. There is already enough indication in this thread that some fans want some mods to the current version. This might allow them to have their "perfect" prime, like so many other fans believe MP10 is for them. I, for one, think that everyone deserves the chance to have their ultimate version of Optimus Prime.

And, I hate to say it, but the argument of "If they do another Optimus Prime, it takes away my chance to get to see that one character produced in toy form that appeared in two episodes in the background and was never seen again!" No. It doesn't work like that. In fact, I'd argue that Optimus Prime is a tent-pole character, whose sales actually give those kind of characters a chance to actually be produced. By producing another Optimus Prime, a virtual guaranteed big seller, HasTak can actually consider some of the less likely to be big seller kinds of characters that hardcore fans want, because Optimus Prime sales will offset that risk.

Would I buy it? As a self-admitted addict to purchasing G1-esque Optimus Primes, maybe. It would really have to be an amazing figure, because, in the MP scale, I really love MP-10. I won't discount the possibility that they could produce something somehow better, but I don't see how. Always possible, though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

If Takara ever does an MP Optimus Prime V3, they should also redo Grimlock and the Seeker V2 mold as well.

Only time will tell.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Someone'll remember the action master.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well, they are just about far enough into the Autobot cars to start all over again. Isn't that their usual modus operandi? Let us see a light at the end of the tunnel and hit us with a train?

12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    God I hope not . If there's one thing I hate being a collector is starting over from the beginning over and over again. A power master prime or a Prime from a different part of transformers is fine , I'm all for that . To go back to MP-01 / MP-10 for the third time , in the same line before the lines even close to being finished , is just re-dam- diculous..

13. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP PMOP please!

14. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in the "I'd much rather see a MP Super God Ginrai before a new MP Prime" camp. Especially if they're able to get the animation proportions down for him.

15. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Considering there's already been over 30 figures with that seeker mold, god help our wallets if they do it again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's Takara. The only way there won't be a new MP Prime mold eventually is if the whole MP line ends.

But I'm just fine with this one. More curious to see a color version of the upcoming Generation toy one (or is it Gcreation? Which ever is still on the grey proto).

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    C'mon cartoon deco!

DSC_0168.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
  19. Uxi

Uxi Citizen, Patriot, Scholar

I do like MP-1 more than MP-10. Especially the hydraulic musculature, the moving face plate, and the chromed eyes as well as the light up matrix and fully articulated fingers capable of a Stone Cold salute. Biggest complaint with MP-10 was the chunky legs but it was much more posable. I wouldn't mind seeing a new one like that but in MP-10 scale and capable of using the existing trailer.

20. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

It's not just that there are so many other Characters, it's that there are so many other Optimus Primes they could do besides endlessly remaking the original. Good on them for beast Convoy. But put me in the camp of "Ginrai/PMOP" next please. Armada and G2 Laser would be great too.

• Like Like x 2