Will there be a Masterpiece Optimus Prime V3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Coconut, Nov 15, 2016.

1. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

They just need to retool his head to have face swap options like recent masterpieces and have his arm be shortened like weijiang' s bootleg

2. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me he need better proportions, bigger head, smaller feets, better and smaller arms for me mp01 got betted proportions the robot mode look more like the cartoon but look at the arms of grapple they could make an amazing version of convoy the mold also already got its years for me a new mp convoy would be released for its 35 anniversary by that date the mold would be 8 years old the same period of time that mp-01 got when mp-10 was released

3. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

I have Hasbro's MP-10 and my only gripe is the thighs aren't a consistent colour with the pelvis so perhaps I'd of been happier going with TT's. The moving face plate was the only superiority I thought MP 1 had over him. There are Third party options that arguable tackle the limb and cab proportions better but for me I'm more than happy with what I've got so if another one came out I'd spend my money elsewhere. It's confusing with G1 Masterpieces because Prime's been depicted in G1 with white thighs and grill, how does that translate to toy form is white meant to represent silver in a cartoon?

4. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Some day, yes. If Takara loves to produce one specific figure, it's him.

5. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    Please please Takara: NO NEW VERSIONS OF MP CHARACTERS FROM MP10 ONWARDS.

No V3 Hot Rodimus. No V3 Seekers. No V2 Ironhide. No V2 Tracks. No V3 Megatron. No V2(3?) Magnus. Possibly V2 Grimlock (as he is pre-mp10). I'd much rather have more G1 characters than new versions of characters I already have.

Just give us a MP10+ for those that really want a toon version (and I'm fairly certain there are enough of you out there).

Pulling from the wiki we already have:
    A V3 would then come in another (at least) half dozen different variations. No thanks.

6. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    No thanks.

7. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    It's Optimus Prime, Optimus Prime sells, Takara likes to make money, of corse there will be a v.3 at some point. I'm all for it myself.

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I think it will happen and frankly, I'm really excited about the prospect. I realize the "new" style of the last several MP's has turned some people off, but I quite like it and would love a more toon representation of Optimus. I don't want it more than Jazz, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Devastator, or BW Dinobot, but I'd love to see it relatively soon.

9. Swoop716

Swoop716 Vegetarian eater

I wouldn't mind one (MP 10)that was toy accurate...
    With actual chrome pelvis and legs. Dark blue highlights...I always felt the white in the animation was supposed to represent the chrome of the toy.

I could see how they could do v2s of possibly everybody...
    I wanna say starting with shockwave we saw a different aesthetic start.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a v3 for prime that was the same size as mp 10 but closer to the anime than the toy.

10. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    MP Prime V3 will most likely be Armada Prime.

11. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    What's wrong with the truck mode? The only thing I would fix about his articulation is make the legs able to swivel foreword more at the waist.

12. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe. I don't think I'll bite though. MP-10 has everything I want from an Optimus toy. Got to know when to draw the line.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You know what really is destroying everything that Hasui worked for? All those pesky companies that are creating unlicenced Transformers, gradually eroding the IP and raising official prices so one day nobody will make or buy official Transformers anymore! A bit like Quakeblast.

On topic, yeah, I can see TakTom doing a V3 Optimus. In fact I think it's something we can all bank on. And the fanrage will be exquisite.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

15. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Of course there will be one. TT have been able to get how many runs out of MP10? Once the molds are past using yet again - as MP11 and various retools have shown - they will have to do something else.

Think about five years time: which is more likely, a New MP Optimus or MP Octopunch?

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

A v3?

Seems likely. Optimus Prime is the flagship character and he will always sell.

Will TT release a v3 Optimus in the short run? I doubt it. I do think it's likely they will release MP-10 in more cartoon accurate colors: no painted details on the legs, upper legs and crotch white, no chrome, one block of red plastic for the upper body (different hue than the current). Think more MP-01 than MP-10 in colours. Some people will love it, but not me. I like MP-10 just the way he is and never really cared for MP-01 thinking he was too bland.

And then, I think several years from now, a v3 will be likely.

Well, scale could be argued :D . MP Magnus and Ironhide/Ratchet are too large when based on the Holy Scale Chart and depiction in fiction (Hot Rod could be just a tad bit too large as well). That's two (or three) of the current four post-Hasui moulds.

17. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind an MPP10 or MP10v re-scaled to current MP size. That's probably just me, though.

18. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

I think they could eek out a more toon version with minimal retooling to be honest

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I woudn't go as far as saying I'm unhappy with MP-10, but I do think he's the most overrated MP figure. That said, I don't need a v3. It's good enough...and I don't know that whatever they did today would be any better anyhow. They'd probably just release the same figure with brighter colors, without all the detail, and have his legs start under the cab windows.

20. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

They will.

I think they will do MP Powermaster Prime.
    It would be something different and yet appeal to the fans.