Will there be a generations thundercraker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by siniquezu, Aug 7, 2010.

1. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping.

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    It seems likely

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's definitely a possibility. He seems to be on Hasbro's to-do/consideration list along with Wheeljack and Trailbreaker. I'm happy with my kitbashed Thundercracker, so if they do release him in Generations at some point, I might get him to kitbash into Slipstream and/or Sunstorm.

4. cuters

cuters Diabolist

i thought they were considering sunstorm as well

5. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

If they did it would be nice to see it done in a seeker 3 pack. In order to give people a second chance to get Skywarp and Starscream. As to what deco for SS either Classic or Universe 2.0 guess you can't go wrong.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I thought they said they were going to do him, just that it might be a while?

7. Kibbles N Bricks

Kibbles N Bricks Active Member

They'll probably make a really cool one, after my custom is finally finished.

Just my luck.

8. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like this idea..

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    3 pack is a good idea.

Then do Sunstorm, Slipstream, and Ramjet as another...

10. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the possibility of the Rodimus,Galvatron,Cyclonus 3-pack coming to the states, this would be a very profitable thing to do. I would jump on that in a instant.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    That would be awesome i don't fancy paying the epics prices asked for Skywarp Starscream usually goes for something approaching a sane price.

12. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could have sworn that Hasbro said at Botcon that they weren't planning Thundercracker soon. I think that he may end up with a different mold from the other seekers if he gets delayed very far down the road. That mold REALLY shows it's age when it gets released with Drift and WFC Prime.

13. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i doubt it is going to happen...also with sunstorm.

hasbro has plenty of time to crank out these two plain redco seekers if they had wanted too...they just have no market want to release "fan wanted" repaints of a deluxe mold that will make them limited money...

they would rather inflict more repaints of ROTF bumblebee upon department stores and their customers...

14. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, so I just checked the Botcon coverage and I don't know what I was smoking. There was nothing about Thundercracker.

This seems overly pessimistic to me. If they didn't care about "fan wanted" then we never would have gotten classics, universe or most of generations. There's no media support for these lines (aside from WFC figures) and most random buyers aren't going to identify with Drift or Thrust offhand. If they just wanted to make money as you claim then they would already have released Thundercracker seeing as how that would undoubtedly sell better than Thrust.

Right now they're just releasing the Henkei seeker molds stateside and Thundercracker isn't included in that, so he'll be a ways down the road if they decide to release him. They also have to find a way to not step on the Botcon Thundercracker. Thrust and Dirge are different molds so that's easy enough, but Thundercracker would be pretty hard to make substantially different.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Then explain how hasbro made some "fan response noise" in a Q and A about wanting to release the three rain makers...and zero has occurred since acid storm got made ...and they keep saying they are "interested" in releasing sunstorm....but ZILCH...

It is not like they have to "invent" an new mold or marketing line to make/release these TF's...so i side on the side of the fence that they just have no interest in doing so at any time in the near future...

the rain makers...sunstorm ...and thundercraker just are NOT going to happen...not this year...or next year....or the year after....maybe in 2014.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    "Soon" is a relative term when you consider Hasbro generally has the next 12-18 months of product and promotion well into the pipeline by the time WE even start seeing test shots.

Will we see him within the next year? I doubt it when you consider we already have two seekers on tap for Generations. After that? Unlikely with all the focus on a little thing called Transformers 3.

But after that? Who knows, but given we've already gotten nearly all the others, I think Thundercracker's chances are decent. The seeker is a "safe" product to market, regardless its color scheme.

17. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the classics seeker mold but it's time for an update. Hasbro Takara have milked it for all it's worth!

18. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they do an update by using a new mold, they better do it to all of them then. As that might frustrate some (or more than some), myself included, I'd still get them if it was an improvement. But they had better do at least Skywarp, T-Cracker and Starscream if they go that route. Otherwise, I'd simply be happy with a repaint to T-Cracker. That poor mold must be begging for mercy by now, though.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes. Maybe with improved articulation, better proportions and a slightly sleeker jet mode?

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TC was mentioned in the latest Q&A on one of the sites, not Botcon.

After thinking about it, they should do a 3 pack with TC, Sunstorm, and Slipstream and then retire the mold.