Will The TFP Characters Get Upgrades or Evolve Physically?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

This might be wishful thinking, but I hope they can "evolve" or "upgrade" the TFP Transformers similar to what the Beast Wars(BW) characters had in becoming Transmetals and Transmetall IIs.

The ultimate purpose for an animation or cartoon is business, making profits right?

And any Transformers series serve as advertisement to the toys they create for the series.

So assuming the series would go on for a few years, they should create upgraded versions of the characters, otherwise they won't be able to get profits from toys for long.

Which means they should give the characters some change or upgrades like the Maximals and Predacons from BW, vanguard team from Transformers Galaxy Force, and Prowl from TFA.

BW was what I considered the best US TF series, mostly because of the characters' evolution. Even to this day I feel heartbroken that it's over and only lasted 3 seasons, then the Beast Machines kind of ruin the continuity.

It'd be wonderful to see similar changes can happen to the TFP Autobots and Decepticons.

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    of course, you know, TO SELL MOAR TOYZ! :D 

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Heh, saw the thread title and was preparing to say the exact same thing.

4. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like said above, it'll probably be done to sell more toys.

Though it might be a bit. I can't honestly see them changing the character designs anytime soon.

Maybe they'll do something in the future like a multi-part PAST CYBERTRON arc (War for Cybertron/Exodus?) and show their alt modes then. That way the designs wouldn't be changed that much and they could see more by making a version that transformers into their Cybertronian mode.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Um... upgrades is not what made Beast Wars so great. Well in regards to the toy line it is because that meant that very little of the toys were repaints. Beast Wars unlike other toy lines was almost entirely new molds with a few exceptions here and there.

Looking at the movie toys just as an example because several characters have not changed at all sense 2007 but keep getting new toys and people are sick of them. It's easier to sell an entirely new design of a character than it is to sell the same design with a new transformation like all the movie Bumblebees. Repaints/Remolds can be good some times but 50 versions of the same yellow and black Camero that basically just transform differently and come with different accessories is not worth it. I'll be getting a Prime Bumblebee but unless Prime gets an upgrade I won't be getting any other Bumblebee toys that come out for the toy line.

6. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Of course. We all know the routine.

1. Evolve character
    2. ?
    3. Profit

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Only if they're not stupid upgrades. Wingblade Optimus was an example of a goos upgrade.

8. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    As long as there is still an Optimus. Then he will get all the best stuff and not give any to his soldiers who aren't superman and actually need it.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    as long as there is profit

11. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually like characters getting full upgrades because that means we get an ALL NEW toy of them. Unlike in the movieverse where we have 20 toys all trying to be the same design of Prime or Bee.

Personally, I'd like the upgrades to be more drawn out like BW season 3 or Animated's various upgrades, rather than widespread upgrades like in BW season 2, the begining of BM or the various color-change power-ups of the Unicron trilogy. Basically make each upgrade be important to the character and allow some character development to occur. I'd also like them to take another crack at the idea of a character not being totally happy with their upgrade, like BM Rattrap, or Elita One becoming Black Arachnia - I think the Prime team could write that well.

12. Genaviiv

Genaviiv PrettyPrettyPrincess-Con

In Prime they are described as Mechanical Organisms, composed of Bio-Metal. Perhaps like earth-species, they can adapt to their environment. We might have something akin to Bio-Metal too. The human body is composed of something like 20-something minerals when you break it down. I read a journal about it once but can't remember the name...

13. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind if characters got upgrades, but as long as it isn't a deus ex machina. Such as having Wheeljack and Ratchet alter Prime's trailer to turn into the armory from TF3, but with weapons for all the autobots. Or have Arcee get critically injured and they have to upgrade her body to something like a Dodge Viper-esque car. However, I do not believe that we will see upgrades until much later. I would like to see Megatron be forced to take an earth mode and have to kill a few of his followers to get some of the parts.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doubt it. The developers are always whining about how hard it is to model new characters with their budget, I doubt they will waste money with a new model for the same character.

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I just want flight tech for Prime, maybe new alt modes or paint jobs and new weapon upgrades for everyone.

16. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    They better give Optimus Prime his trailer that dissapears out of freaking mid air when he transforms.

17. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps when Wheeljack returns he'll have some new tech for the 'Bots. Give the team some new, stronger weapons. That's pretty much the only real upgrade I'd like to see everyone get.

18. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

I hope Megatron gets a different alt mode like a tank, gunship or a stealth bomber.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

If anyone gets a upgrade it'll be Megatron.

20. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, all the characters should get a little upgrade so Hasbro can sell their toys and have more than 4 seasons of TFP.