Will the originals have new modes in TF2???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red leader, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i really have wondered a lotabout this...and i think they will keep the same modes, but with slight alterations...new guns or new paintjobs or something like that. enough of a erason to make a new toy, but not such a bug change that the character has to be "re-introduced" as was stated earlier.

2. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah thanks what I was thinking, maybe G1 paintjobs or prime going something like the Nightwatch redeco.

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God I hope not. Nightwatch is cool as a toy repaint but seeing him on film in those colors would suck. He needs to keep the red and blue.

As for the question of the topic, like others this is something I've thought about also and I have no idea. I don't see the surviving characters getting a complete overhaul simply because it'd be too expensive to redesign them all over again. Tweaks maybe?
    As for the toys I have no idea.

4. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

Where do you people get this information from? It's amusing at best to anybody who knows what's coming up in the auto industry.

First of all, the race between Toyota and GM is pointless, and talking about it is even more so. Toyota's been having more issues with their vehicles than ever, so it's nothing to be proud of. Growth isn't always a positive thing.

Now, for some facts. GM is NOT getting rid of Pontiac, that's silly.

The "H1" is no longer being sold to the public, GM isn't getting anymore built under the HUMMER name. All H1 production lines have been turned into Humvee production, and you can still buy the Humvee in fleet numbers.

The H2 is NOT being discontinued, infact a new version of the H2 is currently in works. A diesel version is upcoming too, infact.

This isn't the first time I've heard people talking 'expertly' about the H2 being discontinued, and it makes me wonder where you people are getting this information from. Probably some extremist tree hugger who likes to talk about stuff he doesn't understand.

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

If they change the surviving characters' designs/alt modes, it will totally ruin the movie franchise for me.

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I see by your name that you're a truck guy. No, growth isn't always a positive thing. But there is more going on here than just growth. Due to the poor quality that the Big 3 had in the past, imports are thriving. This is more about the lack of desire for domestics as compared to imports.

H1 is discontinued for all intents and purposes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/12/AR2006051201782.html

H2 sales are poor as are H3 sales. Humvee is a military vehicle, so its irrelevant to talk about its sales. I am just focusing on civilian sales.

Good luck getting anyone to buy one of those behemoths with $3.00+ gas and an insecure oil future. Facts are facts and sales of Hummers are declining while smaller cars sales are growing. GM got rid of Oldsmobile a little while ago. Its focusing more on Chevy and Saturn. Pontiac/Buick/GMC are probably looking at consolidation as are Saab/Hummer/Cadillac.

PS - I like hugging trees! :-D

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn’t hold your breath.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Especially Volkswagen; the whole "we don't want our vehicles associated with warfare" thing.

9. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should have tacked “any more” on the end of that statement.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pure guesses:

I suspect there'd be some 'tweaking' of the existing character designs to improve them or address shortcomings as CGI tech is developed, but I doubt there will be out-and-out redesigns. I could see them working on Bumblebee's face, as he'll presumably be talking more in TF2, and that face wasn't really designed to move with speech. On the toy front, the TF2 line will likely have a mix of new molds and redecos/possible remolds (for old characters). As has been said, there's probably plenty of new characters to eat up the CG modeling budget and allow for new toy molds.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Well i hope they don't drastically change the appearance of all the surviving TFs from the first movie because that would mean we'd have to readjust our initial images of them that we've become familiar with. But i could take onboard additional weapons or armour or add-ons generally to the original models.

Hasbro will find some way to make the old figures new and noticeably different for the sequel i'm sure, but not give them complete design overhauls.

12. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Has anyone else thought of THIS nightmare scenerio:

(Following in the 80's TF movie footprints...)

Three minutes into the new film the surviving 'Cons attack and kill 98% of our favorite characters...new 'Bots are introduced...then the 'Cons themselves get re-formatted into new characters...VOILA...Whole new toyline. (Remember how well that worked the first time(sarcasm)).
    :p 

I have to admit though that I hadn't thought about this topic until reading this board. I could see the new mold thing from Hasbro's side, but as someone else here already said it would kind of cheapen (for lack of a better term) TF2 for me personally.

13. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

That's a trend that's quickly being ignored. Anybody who's driven any recent GM vehicles can see the difference, in quality, design, and reliability. Personally, I don't see any one company other than GM designing so many diverse vehicles, and so many great designs coming out from their studios.

No need for links, especially from a biased newspaper publication that reeks of ignorance and misinformation. Being a HUMMER owner and an avid user in the HUMMER community, I know all the details. No matter how much your media wants to twist it, GM stopped production of the 'H1' simply because it wasn't (and never was intended for) a mass production vehicle. It sold less than 12,000 units in 14 years, funny how the media ignores that fact and creates a false low-sales excuse. Like many exotics, it reached its end. It's still selling well in the pre-owned market.

H2 and H3 sales are still relatively strong, considering they're each a few years in the market now and are still relatively low production numbers compared to other vehicles. When the H2 redesign comes out in 2010, along with a diesel, sales will again sky rocket.

People are buying them, and they're not any worse than any other SUV out there.

Again, exagerated heavily. HUMMER was never designed to be a high output product, and I have no idea why the media wants to compare it to that. Sales are down, as expected for the gap between new products. That's normal, for a growing brand.

The fact is GM is simplifying its portfolio with products that don't overlap. HUMMER isn't overlapping with anything, and is a unique brand that has its place in the market. Considering the millions spent on the HX concept, I'll bet on HUMMER being a key part of GM's future portfolio.

GM is looking to simplify and grow dealerships to support those brands in one, instead of seperating everything. That doesn't mean those brands will be chopped.

Do you wear that on your shirt?

You can imply that because I drive an SUV I don't care for the environment, it's typical of the new 'treehugger' image trend lately. In the end it just proves that ignorance and intolerance still exist, but just take new forms.

I know folks in the 4x4 community who have done more in local trail maintainance, cleanup and wreckage removal, than those so called 'evironmentalists' who sit at starbucks talking a big game and how PC they are.

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't see a reason for changing Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet and Barricade's modes. It'd be very subtle changes, like improving the engineering, but nothing we'll see on screen.

For example, in the second Spider-Man film they made over a hundred minor changes to the costume, but again no one noticed.

15. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    LOL

16. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

Funny. I thought Hitler drove his nasty ass around in one of those.

17. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

In all honesty, all the surviving TF's aren't gonna change any outwardly. They will be better puppet rigged and have tweeking done to make them easier/faster to move and animate so they can concentrate on the new bots.
    Drastically changing the outward appearence of the existing TF's would cost a lot and would leave the new fans and general audience confused and more than likely annoyed.
    Leaving the main ones as they are will allow for longer design and prep work for the new TF's which will hopefully mean we'll get new TF's to hold in just as high a reguard (CGI wise) as the existing ones.

18. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    the only change i think would be great.............Prime scanning his original G1 truck LOL

or maybe just have an original red truck (whatever he was) drive by somewhere......G1 hommage FTW!

19. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Ugh expect repaints in the future

I'll take a black PT Cruiser transformer any time though ^_^

20. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see there being some conflict over changing them. I'm sure the car company is going to want newer models in the film. I'm sure Hasbro will want new toys to make. And I would think Dreamworks will want to keep things as same looking as possible as not to risk confusing the casual viewers and spend screen time explaining why all the bots look different.