Will the movies drag on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    This franchise either goes two ways, it concludes with this second trilogy or continues due to the amount of money it makes. I personally think that the movies should conclude with 6(should they get that far) it would be a huge mistake if they continue to drag the franchise along just for the sake of money.

Do you think Hasbro will be greedy?

2. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I agree though, they should stop at six.

3. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

I think it should be finished with 6. Seven seems like over kill. We're hopefully not competing with the Saw franchise on who can make the most films.

4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Stop at Six...

...and then hire Andy Serkis to do mo-cap for Beast Wars with a new director and writer.

5. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    They're gonna straight up James Bond this franchise. Four movies from now, it opens with Rodimus on a beach, fighting off Sharkticons to rescue Arcee, who is about to drown herself. Then she runs off without thanking him, and he looks to the camera and says "This never happened to the other fella."

6. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Basically, TF 4 has kicked the "reboot" can down the road. Since it's successful, we'll see more movies in this vein.

Yeah, we probably will get a full "Creators as the main threat" trilogy, then they'll start talking reboot again. If Michael bay actually comes back after that, expect more sequels. If not, then Hasbro will probably pull the trigger on a true "Start from scratch" reboot, with a different continuity and different talent behind the camera.

But I don't see a circumstance where they stop making Transformers movies forever. The movie industry just doen't work that way anymore.

7. slochmoeller

You owe it to all of us now to write the full TF version of OHMSS and pitch the script to Hasbro.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    :thumb 

9. Primegirl24

Primegirl24 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if they did it to tf6, but I think that's plenty. I think after six they need to do a reboot.

10. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

I think 5 should be the last one. It's getting repetitive.

11. slochmoeller

That's actually a concern of mine if they do a reboot. They'd probably go back to the base "Optimus and Autobots vs. Megatron and Decepticons on earth" premise. And we've already seen that. Granted, we've seen the lamest and crappiest possible version of that, but we have seen it. New movies, even if technically better, would likely still feel redundant.

And while I'm not big on the Bay franchise, as of 4 they are starting to leave the default A's vs Ds conflct, and possibly even earth itself, behind, in favor of getting into the bigger, space opera-y ideas of the franchise. And that led to the best movie, and could lead to better things from here.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    They'll keep making sequels as long as they keep making money. And given they've just successfully found a whole new market to sell them to, we could be stuck with them for a looooooooooong time.

And it isn't just Hasbro being greedy, these films are basically huge paychecks for Paramount and car companies too.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't stop at 6. Don't stop at 66. As long as they keep making them, I want to see them.

14. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yes! Forget all this reboot talk. Who wants the same stories again? Compare x men and Spider-Man. Spider-Man just started all over while X-Men has built up to days of future past and apocalypse! Keep them coming, bigger and better than the last!

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

They will eventually run the series in the ground because sometimes Hollywood just doesn't catch on that they have gone to the same well one too many times. I figure it will be like how they did Star Trek so at some point we end up with Transformers Nemesis and then Paramount has to figure out how the heck to relaunch the thing where they can drag the old fans back but make it into something new fans could get excited for. Although with Into Darkness making $228 million in the US and $238 in the rest of the world it seems Paramount hasn't totally figured out their Star Trek problems.

I guess the big unknown question is how low would the US box office have to get before Paramount said something has to drastically change? The Chinese box office numbers have been outstanding but with such a smaller cut of the box office I don't know if Paramount can do films with a budget like Transformers just off the Chinese box office.

Until there is big enough of a drop in the box office it will be just like all the other Transformers film. Wash, rinse, repeat. Predictable right down to a new McGuffin each film and some new villain to kill off to end the film.

16. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The films need to go in more of a Star Wars style which is what they used for the 86 film. Other worlds and aliens with more new characters, Junkions, Quintessons etc.. Just take them the hell off of Earth! I've had enough of Earth unless of course they build Autobot city that would be sweet. But yea we need like 3 battles going on at once, from space, Charr, Junk. And more communication with Cybertron someone has to be alive there. Other wise yea it's getting dull and repetitive.

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point, Hasbro relies on movie years to pad its bottom line. No way its going anywhere.

18. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

You're suggesting that a corporation whose business is to constantly sell you new toys should stop it's main advertisement venue for the sake of not being greedy?

That's fucking hilarious.