Will Smokescreen become a Prime in Predacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Ultra saber, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno. Giving up his chance to be a Prime in order to save Optimus seems like something that would make him even more worthy to become one. Just because he didn't take the oportunity last time doesn't mean he might not be presented with it again at a later date. I'd kinda like to see Optimus address that 'death' scene with Smokescreen, discuss the choice he made and perhaps mentor him for the future.

2. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Totally agree, especially on the bolded part.I was hoping they'd do more with the whole thing, instead they made Smokescreen a background character.Though I guess this season being so short didn't help either.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Granted Smokes, was close to being a Prime but he may have his chance in the "Predacons Rising".

He didn't have a problem lifting the sword up, unlike BB had a problem, he had to drag it, but that could be nothing.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I suppose he'd served all his current story purposes with the artifact hunts and the going to be a Prime but then passing on it and so had nothing important to offer for now. With any luck, when they came to write the next run of story they gave him something worthy to do there as well.

5. RedAlert1

RedAlert1 Well-Known Member

I really hope so! But like someone else mentioned already i too think that this ship has already sailed:( 

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree more with this statement. And I, too, would like this plot thread revisited with Optimus as a mentor of sorts. I think it would be a missed story opportunity if Smokey didn't at least deal with the fact that he was almost a Prime beyond complaining about having to stack energon cubes back in Episode 5. He almost gave it away to the other Autobots but then just changed the subject when Ratchet overheard him. It would be nice if the members of Team Prime knew what he gave up in order to save Optimus.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doubtful.

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    YES! I mean they have to tie off all ends and it was stated That "All loose ends will be taken care of."

I mean it was
    HE who saved Optimus
    HE Who was choosen by the Matrix
    HE Who thought to get the Star Saber when even Optimus didn't....Im sorry for those who hate him but he;s got what it takes to be a Prime.

I'll put money down that he takes Unicron out.

9. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, if the mantle of prime is passed, it will be to ultra Magnus.

10. Bladewind

Bladewind Well-Known Member

Did anyone else misread the thread title as "Starscream"? :D 

11. ChibiGingi

ChibiGingi Calm Your Circuits, Red!

Well, Smokescreen's also bigger than Bumblebee, who's rather small compared to the rest of the Autobots. It could stand to reason that he might just have more strength than Bumblebee (I'm certain Bulkhead and Ultra Magnus would have little trouble lifting it if need be).

Secondly, we've only seen Smokescreen after he lifted it up and was in motion. We never saw him initially grab the sword from the vaults, so we couldn't see if he had a problem lifting it up like Bee. By the time we did see him, he was in full running motion, with it hefted over his back, which could help distribute the weight in a more easy to carry manner. I don't know, science and stuff.

Just because we don't see Smokescreen struggle with it like Bee initially did doesn't necessarily meant that he's going to become a Prime. Now, if it glowed or shone a different color when he touched it but seemed dormant when Bee did, THEN I'd say that'd be a damn good hint that the sword senses the potential in him.

12. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

As much as I disagree with the possibility of Smokescreen emerging as the "save the day" bot in Predacons Rising (which means it will probably happen), I still think your logic nonsensical. That doesn't mean it won't be cinematically applied. But what would make the aforementioned application intolerably stupid is that all of the Autobots have had their "moments." Per example, Bumblebee has also "saved" Optimus. Twice. Three times if you count Fall of Cybertron. Anybody could argue that any of the characters "got what it takes."

The writers don't care, though, they'll go for the Rodimus story. So I'm not betting against you.

13. Una

Una Well-Known Member

I actually like to see Smokescreen as a Prime at least at the end of the movie because I believe it makes sense. Optimus' story is finished despite how I felt the show didn't give Optimus much. I don't want to see Optimus die, but give the matrix to Smokescreen and return to his old self, Orion Pax.

I'm just hoping we finally get some scenes with Smokescreen and Optimus mentoring him in the role in this movie. I was hoping for some in Season three but none was given.

14. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

I hope not.

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Ah, I didn't really mind having no stories focusing on Smokescreen again. What I wanted was, like you and SmokescreenGT mentioned, addressing the whole "next Prime" thing a bit more.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, but I definitely think the subject will be brought up.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to point out that Optimus had NO IDEA where the Star Saber was;) 

18. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

No and to be honest i think Optimus was only going to chose him because he saw no other alternitive at that moment. he as almost dead and wanted to keep the forge for cybertron.

As for the He saved the day a few times argument. being heroic dosnot canstitute being a good leader. Rincewind saves the world alot why not have him as a prime?

19. solarblaze

solarblaze Active Member

ive had a feeling since the whole him almost being a prime thing that at the end IF he wa to be a prime he'd become rodimus I don't know why just a feeling but do I think he will become a prime 50/50 based on like most people are saying had the chance and left it but other half because he seems like this series hot rod and the whole optimus said he believes he's the next prime well that wasn't his exact words but still just as good as

20. Predicon

Predicon Well-Known Member

What kind of big accomplishment did he achieve? He hasn't killed any important 'cons or anything. Sure, there was that time he stole the omega keys from megatron, but eh...he's still treated like a rookie. He's helped out the team a fair few times, but nothing really amazing.