Will ROTF Be Better Than The First?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NoleScream, May 21, 2009.

?

Will ROTF be better than the original?

1. Yes

95 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

the special effects have advanced a lot the past few years so I see this sequel being much better effects wise, I can compare it to the lightsaber duels in the original star wars movies and the prequels, the prequels were more advanced and much quicker and better detailed, I see ROTF doing the same, more advanced transformations and better detailed.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    All signs point to yes.

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    whoever voted no must not like the entire michael bay / transformers movieverse

The reason why most people didn't like the first movie because of too much human, not enough robot screen time.

Well that's what you get with $145 million budget.

Now that they got a bigger budget, its already guaranteed there will be more robot action, so I don't see how this movie won't be able to succeed the first one.

The 2nd movie will be insane!!!

4. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Wooowwww... some people had to be all annoying and think their funny and press "No." COME ON PEOPLE! Is this SOME KIND OF JOKE?!?

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Nope. Some people just don't care for the film if you can believe it.

6. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I can believe it. I guess there are fans that are so opposed to the movie : / Oh well my response was pretty immature and deserves a facepalm (I can't find a good enough picture but whatever...)

There are plenty of non-fans that think that it is going to suck too. I had an argument the other day with a kid who says that G.I. Joe is gonna own ROTF... I walked away pretty angry :( 

7. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

HELL YES! ROTF looks 10 X better! I didnt even think they could pull off a movie better than the 1st!

8. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

GI Joe is gonna suck the left compared to both TF movies!

9. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went to see the first film 3 times at the cinema. I think I may just see this 4 times. I have only ever seen 2 other films more than once at the cinema. Transformers the Movie (yea the original cartoon one) and Spiderman 2.

I really want to see Star Trek again though as that was brill.

10. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the first one and look forward to this one. I voted no because I think part of the reason the first one was great included the novelty behind it. Here (like most sequels), the novelty is gone and all you have left is story.

Granted that the special effects are bigger and better. But as someone pointed out earlier, so were the Star Wars prequels and yet most people admit that they were not better than the originals.

I am no way a hater, I am just cautious.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Well that's pretty much a given. I mean come on, GI-Joe's got guy's in cyber jogging suits dodging missiles all bullet time like. That's Awesome + Epic = Sick!

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I voted yes, voting no doesn't make any sense (unless you think the first one was the greatest movie ever and can't be improved at all - LOL). There were all kinds of things I hated about the first movie, but that doesn't mean I don't think this one will improve and be better. I was serious when I asked how could it be worse - not from a hating standpoint, but from a realistic standpoint. What could realistically make this one less appealing?

More robots? Got the first one beat, so no.
    Better effects? That can only help.
    More robot action? Always good.
    Dumber writing/plot? We'll have to see about that, but I doubt that could happen.

I actually have a lot of hope for the sequel.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  13. Huinkimusprime

Huinkimusprime Well-Known Member

I say yes becuase it seems the plot is a bit deeper and darker than the first. Secondly because yes there are more bots which does not translate into a better film but it would seem (crosses fingers) there will be much more bot on bot interaction, especially on the Decepticon side of things which was lacking big time in the first. This also could include a Megs but whipping of Screamer which is just fantastic! So in the end yes because of more bots that interact with each other baby and yes more things going boom thanks to Bay!!

14. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    usually dont see a lot of sequels that end up being better then the first, but i think this will be one of them.

15. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    As said by M. Bison "OF COURSE" and "YES YES".

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ha ha, I just love it when Transformers fans try to talk junk about the GI Joe movie.

Both movies are done by directors known for big, loud, popcorn, roller coaster, summer action films. Sommers does a bit better with characters, Bay does a few more camera tricks but they are far more alike than different.

Besides GI Joe has Rey Park as Snake Eyes so that's worth buying a ticket just for that.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I took the question as "do you expect ROTF to be better than the first?"

Yes I do. The trailers have me confident.

18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I think it will be explosive! Personally, everytime I want to watch my DVD, I only want to skip to Mission City. Epic!

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The personal experience is what it's really going to boil down to. It will not matter what the critics, the box office, the award shows or anything else says in the end the only question that really matters is was it better for you or not.

So we should get a wide range of feelings on how they did or didn't reach different fans the second go round. Ha ha and maybe the fun fights about who's personal feelings are right and who's personal feelings are wrong.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

From what I've seen and read the new movie is going to be way better than the first.