Will Ratchet Turn Bad? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Optimus didn't kill it, the core just told him it was dying.

2. MegatronicaJV

MegatronicaJV joey

can't optimus just use the matrix again? If I recall optimus "killed" cybertron with the matrix(I've forgotten and have not played war for cybertron in awhile) so can't he just "give" the matrix back to cybertron?

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WFC/FOC story =/= Transformers Prime's story; they share core story elements, but they have major difference too.

The Matrix of Leadership in Transformers Prime works as a key to Vector Sigma, contains the knowledge of the Primes, much like it did in G1. We don't know that it can do this or not in WFC/FOC, but we do know that the it contains the essence of Primus. There was mention of other Primes in the exchange; moreover, the only Prime we saw was the self appointed Sentinel Prime, and he didn't even carry the Matrix of Leadership.

I thought Optimus (in WFC/FOC) was supposed to return the Matrix of Leadership to Cybertron's war after the war was won and after the Decepticons were defeated, restoring Primus and rebooting the planet at the same time.

While the Omega Lock and the keys may be gone, I think the Matrix of Leadership has powers not even Optimus fully understands yet. It may not be able to do what the Omega Lock does, but it does make him a Prime, giving him the power to operate things designated for Primes only.

Vector Sigma, in G1, was the Allspark or at least tapped in to in. Why shouldn't it have this ability now too? The season finale showed us that Cybertron has a great power hidden beneath its war-torn shell--it has the means to restore itself. Cybertronians just need to figure out another way to channel the power and let the planet fix itself. That power didn't die when the Omega Lock exploded. Surely the power to rejuvenate an entire planet or to transform another would have a much larger explosion when expended all of its power, no?

4. MeNOTGrimlock

MeNOTGrimlock Well-Known Member

Are we thinking of the same Beast Wars? I also thought Rhinox was a maximal right until the end of the Beast Wars. I haven't seen Beast Wars in a long time and back then I didn't see every single episode (though I'm sure I saw most of them).

Was there a story arc of Rhinox defecting and switching back to the Maximals or am I thinking of something completely different?

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was but there was an episode where he was reprogrammed as a Predacon (Dark Designs), that turned out to be a mistake Megatron somewhat learned for Beast Machines.

jD001

6. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

This!!! Yes, I'm so glad to see someone else post something about this idea. Cybertron *must* have multiple ways to regenerate itself. There could even be multiple locks on the planet; but yeah, I think it comes down to the knowledge of Primus within the Matrix of Leadership..... information that Optimus probably does not fully understand [yet?]

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I wouldn't worry about Ratchet.

8. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see ratchet going a bit off the rails if he figures out it's all his fault the planet ended up getting destroyed. if he had just picked up the kids like they'd asked they probably wouldn't have been captured and prime would have been free to sort out cybertron.

9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet believes in Optimus does he? He believes Prime is best way to end the war.........

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd really suck if the only character to stand up to Optimus ever turned into a villain, because you're either with him or against and there's absolutely no grey areas or in between. One extreme or another.

11. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I recall Knockout was seen with a little spot of Synthetic Energon and might already have experiment it. Could be in addition to the yin and yang conclusion.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Will the writers do something exciting and controversial with Ratchet? No.

13. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

I agree! I like the bit of friction Ratchet adds by standing up to Optimus (while still being one of Optimus' deepest friends). I'd be really disappointed if he switched sides.

14. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont see Rachet or anyone else on team prime switching sides, as for the two traitors on each side I believe we havent seen them yet I also believe the traitors would ressemble Scavenger, and Sideways in Transformers Armada.

15. Bossguy

Bossguy Banned

I doubt it, I mean he was mad at optimus for destroying the omega lock, but I can't see ratchet betraying him.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's more likely to than any other Autobot

17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    pretty much this/

18. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Soooo anyone remember Armada Wheeljack... and how he was a Decepticon?
    Wheeljack (Armada) - Transformers Wiki

Maybe we'll see a little revamped Armada action and see Wheeljack join the Decepticons, renaming himself as Rampage.
    And we get a repaint (with modded scratched hood) in the Japanese blue trim color scheme.

19. MeNOTGrimlock

MeNOTGrimlock Well-Known Member

Wheeljack join the cons? Considering who Wheeljack is in this continuity, it's just totally out of character for him to join the cons with him being a proud wrecker and all.

What's next?

Bumblebee teaching Vehicons the Hokey Pokey?
    Starscream giving Arcee a big bouquet of lug nuts and a sparkfelt apology for Cliff's demise?
    Optimus Prime singing the song that never ends while fighting Megatron?
    Soundwave becoming the Cybertron high school gossip?
    Arachnid opening a petting zoo?

In soap operas a characters disposition can change on a whim, not here though.

20. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

God I hope not. I saw that snarl he did right before scooting out of the base. It's all up in the air right now, but overall I don't see it happening. He might be mad at Optimus right now, but he will get over it.