Will Neo G1 really happen?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darth Megatron, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Does anybody else feel like this Neo G1 is never going to happen? I read in the UK Toyfair report that Hasbro will be doing repaints to extend the Cybertron line until the movie comes out. We haven’t seen any product shots, concept art or any prototypes. Doesn’t it take like a year or pre-production before a toy hits the shelves?
    I for one would love something like Neo G1 and hope that they don’t go through with repaints, but it could be worse I suppose.

2. DarkLiger

DarkLiger Well-Known Member

I'm new to the boards so can some one explain what the Neo G1 is? are they releasing more G1 figures?

Its possible that they will wait till Cybertron is over till we see it. something to fill the gap between Cybertron and the Movie (which should produce some intresting figures)

3. Asquian

Asquian Pissed off Yank

keep in mind that news reported in UK toyfair pertains to the UK release schedule, which has always drastically differed from the US release schedule.

i.e. it wouldn't surprise me to see neo G1 in the US and Canada, while bypassing EU altogether, or being released down the road as a subline.

4. Asquian

Asquian Pissed off Yank

Neo G1, per botcon info, is supposed to be the gap filler line between the end of Cybertron and the start of the movie toyline. supposedly making the transition this fall/winter. Neo G1 is the working term that i think the fandom has given it, the first stirrings appear to have shown up in Target's computer system as Transformers Classics. potentially on shelves roughly in august(just going by past examples of how long after appearing in the Target computers to being product available).

what it is supposed to be is G1 figures revamped and reworked to resemble their G1 counterparts, but with much better robot modes. so far Megatron, apparently as some kind of flare gun(?), and Starscream in his original F-15 mode were the 2 prototypes revealed.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    At this point I would say yes given the evidence we've been given so far.

Hasbro presentation at Botcon with pictures of prototypes (VERY well received by the audience myself included).
    Mysterious "Transformers Classics" entry in Target's computers.

Plus Im also going on the assumption that if Hasbro has gone to the expense of creating prototypes and making a public announcement, that its almost a sure thing.

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I'd say the question so much isn't "IF" it'll happen as much as it is "WHEN" we'll start to see the new molds. I'm guessing we should be seeing the protos of the new molds by April or May, and we should see the first figures out in time for Christmas.

7. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I don't see why it wont come out. It's not that many molds and there will be six months inbetween. Plenty of time to get it out.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I hope they do decide to do this and just end cybertron without all these annoying recolors.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    its not going to REPLACE cybertron, its going to start as that ends and carry us till the movie line starts. you REALLY think Hasbro is going to pass on the opportunity to repaint fiugres already made to recoup even higher profit margins? :peoples: 

Andy

10. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ToyFair 2006...........................

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah why should they want to make any money?

12. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Word.
    And TFW2005 will be bringing you the pics. :) 

13. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Is toyfare this month?

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Next weekend.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And whoever will be covering for TFW2005, I'd love it if the Hasbro info cards were included in the pics. The toy pics are always wonderful, but I have trouble reading the info cards from time to time. So I get excited about upcoming releases, but there is always a lot of conflicting info regarding the schedule.

Another request for the folks that will be covering Toyfair, please. If there is a Hasbro rep present, could someone inquire as to a current 2006 release schedule, even for toys not present? That's always been a better source than these cryptic retailer computer listings. I'd volunteer to go myself if I wasn't trapped in this frozen wasteland, as I have a bachelor's degree in journalism.

Taking these steps would, in my opinion, really give TFW2005 an edge over other TF news coverage. I'd rather rely on you guys! Let me know if I could be of any more help.

16. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    In short - yes, Neo G1 is happening. Toy Fair 2006.

17. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

So... do you really think this "Neo G1" line is going to happen?

18. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You will find out on the 11th.

19. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

I really hope it does, but want can we expect from a filler line... filler. I don't think it will have a new show to support it either so there is very little from a marketing standpoint. So my prediction, a couple new moulds and a whole whack of repaints. It would be kind of like Alternators, with non-licensed vehicles. My suggestion, they should take this opportunity to mix it up. Do some War Within stuff, else worlds type stuff (WW1 or WW2), Classic stuff and modern stuff all into one line. The story could revolve around time travel.

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    there was some noise going around over @ The Allspark that their was something called "Transformers: Heroes" on Cartoon Networks fall schedule, and IIRC, that it was an hour long space ~ myself and a couple folks theorized that it wouldn't be outside of the realm of pssoibility that they would re-run some G1 and BW with the Classics line and BWX out in stores...