Will Escalation be in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MetruMaximus, Mar 1, 2012.

1. MetruMaximus

MetruMaximus Well-Known Member

I would really, really love to know if Escalation or some sort of wave survival will be in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Escalation was one of my favorite parts to War for Cybertron and I was crushed to find out that it wasn't in the Dark of the Moon video game, so I'm raising my hopes on high that there will be one in Fall of Cybertron. Is anybody able to confirm that escalation will be in Fall of Cybertron or not? If so, me and I'm sure a lot of other people would love to know.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    not sure yet. they haven't said but i started a thread a while back asking the same question. don't worry though, HMS will more than likely state whether or not before summer

3. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It's probably in because it was hyped to hell last time and many enjoyed it. Plus many express how they want it to return being the previous game's more defining features.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I hope so much that it is. Escalation is brilliant, and the idea that I can take on whole armies with Grimlock and all that is positively awe-inspiring :D 

I wonder if they'll let you be Bruticus in Escalation?

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i had an idea of them being an item that you can save up for and they'll just destroy all enemies on the battlefield but i really hope they're playable

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No one knows for sure, but I assume it or some form of it will return.

Escalation mode (IMHO) was HMS, prized MP feature. I can't see them doing this game without one upping it.

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    We don't know yet but if not, no big loss to me.

8. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I of coarse can't garrantee it, but it will most likely return. Almost all shooters have a version of "horde mode" now, so I can't see HS leaving it out of FOC.

9. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

With all the reasons you listed I think that proves it's more likely another thing the cut out and that's why they have not talked about mp yet other than customizing, knowing that when people find out it's gone many will be upset. As you said they hyped it like crazy last time. With the changes they made so far to the core game it seems that's one thing they would make sure to reassure people was still in.

10. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

If escalation is in or whatever form mp will take HM have already said Grimlock will not be playable in mp only campaign. With Bruticus I assume same would go for him

11. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    They already said that they took out the co-op campaigning. I had hoped that that was partly because they were going to give us a bigger/better escalation mode in its place to compensate(and which I would gladly accept). Its frustrating that we haven't heard a peep about it yet though.

12. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Well I hope its in!

But we probably wont play as grimlock or bruticus because there large size would glitch out with the other players and they would be to big to use the machines and every single map would have to be gigantic just for them to get around.

Here is my idea for it a player can buy a really expensive machine (I mean REALLY expensive) with there energon money which would summon grimlock/bruticus and the player would play with them for that round only and they would be set to a certain space so they couldnt move all over the map since there so large and they wouldnt be able to buy anything because there to big to use the machines but there pretty much industrtable any way.

The summoning machine would cost about 5000 energon to 10,000 energon being they be so powerfull they could take on waves by them selves

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    In a way, that's similar to what's already in escalation: turrets and traps.

I hope that's what they do. I'd really like to hear *anything* about escalation. I mean, have we even confirmed its even in there yet?

14. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

No only thing talked about mp related has been the customization which is why I believe they removed escalation.

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:

We dont know if escaltion is removed yet it isnt even been mentioned yet and has anyone sent a message to high moon asking?

16. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Escalation + The ability to use your custom transformers from create mode please.

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I thought it was confirmed that they dropped it for FOC? I don't recall a source, I just remember something like that being mentioned...

18. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Eh, I could never do well in escalation

19. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

IMO they would have already said something if there wouldn't be Escalation, just like they said no co-op in campaign.

20. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I kind of hope they update the melee, so it's a little better and responsive.