Will bumbelebee return

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by supernova222, Oct 29, 2015.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's a pretty straight forward question, and one has been bugging me since bee death back in dark cybertron and im sure im not the only one that has thought of it. for me, his death was the most the most shocking in the ongoing series. however, i dont think it is permanent, it just doesnt feel like it is. less central characters(ironhide, sunstreaker, nova prime) have died and come back before, and though getting blasted through the chest seemed to kill him, getting sucked into a demnsional hole in the universe does seem to act a s a back door to bring him back in some way. starscream recent hallucinations of him may very well be hints to this, or not of course. there is of course the recent expansion on the 13, one of which is capable of traveling the universe. i just really think we havent seen the end of bee yet. anyone else agree?

2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron and Shockwave have probably the most indestructible plot armor of all TFs. I don't think any of them will ever stay dead.

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont forget stascream, g1 effectively established that his spark was immortal

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    At some point yes.

You can't keep a good bot down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reask

Reask Predacon

I'd like to keep him dead a little while longer, considering his death is what pushed Megatron over the edge to change himself, but no doubt he'll return. Keep him as one of Starscream' hallucinations for the time being though, that's a more interesting concept. :D 

6. thingymcjig

thingymcjig Well-Known Member

I want him to stay dead, his death did cause a huge change with Megatron.

7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I think that this importance of Bumblebee's death to Megatron felt a bit artificial. For millions of years Bee was basically a non-entity to Megs and suddenly after a few talks he cared about his death soo much...

All this with IDW Bee being a character crippled by his lack of charisma and nobody really taking him seriously, quite possibly the biggest problem with him trying to be a leader.

Weird.

8. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Maybe they can bring him back and have him succeed at something.

9. Faizan

Faizan 2 of 12

They will definitely bring him back. I really hope its a long time before they do though.

10. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    He's kinda back given that Starscream is hallucinating him.

You know, in some ways it's weird that he's not seeing Metalhawk given that MH was more critical of him, and Starscream actually played a role in his death, unlike Bumblebee's.

All the same, I don't really see the current writers bringing him back, but they were careful to leave the destruction as a singularity, not just wiped out entirely - meaning there's probably some way, somehow to get him and Shockwave back.

All the same, if they ever have to promote a new toy of him, I'd say make it a random flashback like Spotlight: Orion Pax was. Then again, I feel the spotlight approach is the way to go anyway for toy tie-ins.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Eh when Meg's swiped a time case I figured he may wanna make it right with Bee which I hope happens further down the line. I really want Bee on the lost light as a guy who wants zero responsibility and is along for the journey. I know it sounds crazy and perhaps foolish but I've loved that lil fool yellow bug most since I was a child, broke my heart when they shot him down.

12. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i hope he stays dead, and Starscream stops hallucinating him soon. Bumblebee is oversaturated in TF media. they've even gone so far as to make him leader in RID.

keep him dead, keep the comics different from the cartoon and movies. keep the comics interesting.

13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    If the story is entertaining, then sure, I'd have no problem with it.

To the time case: I suspect that terminus is going to be the bot that gets rescued. He was shown to vanish in a matter of minutes.

14. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Bumblebee's return is inevitable, but I think it is still a long ways down the road, possibly not until the next title shuffle or soft-reboot. I do like how they are using him as Starscream's imaginary friend/enemy. He really is the perfect foil for Starscream as he never wanted power, but had it thrust upon him, while Starscream always craved power and now doesn't know what to do with it.

If they do eventually bring him back using the dimensional hole from the end of Dark Cybertron, I hope that he is the only one that comes back. I love Shockwave, but I feel his IDW story is complete. If they want to do more Shockwave stories, I hope they are only done in flashbacks.

15. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    There're enough deus ex machina and MacGuffins in the IDW-verse to revive dead characters. I'd say yes, albeit after some sort of near-reboot event.

16. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the Bumblebee hallucinations are subtlely staged to prepare us for his inevitable return in time for the new story arc involving Optimus Prime. Maybe a bit far fetched but not way out there. It's too convenient that these hallucinations are happening now.

17. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    Yeah, like
    Peter Parker in Superior Spider-man.

18. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please no; it's nice walking into a store and not seeing him on the pegs.

19. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Oh, he's going to return no doubt and they're surely planting the seeds for it through Starscream's hallucinations.

I frankly thought that his death was a bit too quick, a bit too shallow and it actually didn't give closure to most of the character developments that were created during his last few years. In fact, it felt more like he served just as a tool for Megatron to switch sides.

Hopefully he can come back with the kind of personality he shows during Starscream's cuckoo episodes.

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

God I hope not. Bad enough that RID is saturated with characters I hate: Kup, Wheeljack, Optimus Prime, Alpha Trion, Arcee, Sky Lynx, Jet fire, the humans especially Blackrock.