Will all of the aoe toys ever be released

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by griffn29, Jul 17, 2014.

1. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

Hasbro at botcon showed off a lot of cool toys of AOE one step changers and the boxsets but if the line is not doing too well I wonder if those toys will even be released. Will they be? I hope they are.

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I'm starting to wonder this as well. I'm hoping those Platinum sets at least see the light of day, since they're the only things I'm looking forward to.

3. Rhinox23

Rhinox23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope so too. I've been very disappointed and frustrated with the movie line releases of late. I haven't seen anything new since two weeks before the movie came out (mid June). I feel like it's a wasted opportunity to get new stuff out during the hype and success of the movie. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Kids might not wait for the new figures like collectors do and they are the bigger target market. I'm sure there will be another surge when the movie is released on home media but I think it's a poor strategy to have the later waves come out so much later than the movie.

Bringing me to your point and worry. If the sales are down now so close to the movie's release (per the article posted in TFW yesterday), then it seems possible that the figures at the end waves may not make it to market. Seems possible and I think that's what happened to the DOTM line. I'm crossing my fingers but I have my doubts too.

4. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I will probiliy have till december to get those boxsets :( 

5. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

i havent seen wave 2 deluxes yet

6. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just need Slog, Snarl and the TRU Voyager Classics Optimus/Evasion Mode Prime two pack to be released and I'm good!

7. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has been implied that what we've seen is all there is for AoE outside of some Wal Mart exclusives, which mean only one more wave of Generations Voyagers and Deluxes and two more waves of the Power Battlers and One Steps plus a bunch of store exclusives.

If that's the case it can be a very safe assumption that all of the mainline releases will indeed come out. Exclusives, less safe but still a decent bet.

It seems that they made this line to run shorter to avoid overstock at retailers like the last movie line. Of course this is all assumption until SDCC where we'll see whether or not there are more waves coming that we haven't seen.

8. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's also because at Botcon, if I recall correct, Hasbro stated that once we hit 2015, they're moving on from Age of Extinction back on to Generations and the new Robots in Disguise stuff, and the movie stuff is done until Transformers 5 in 2016. I could be wrong now, so don't quote me on that

9. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

Hopefully, although I wouldn't be surprised if the "last wave blues" happen again like in DOTM. Would be a bummer if it did, but unsurprising.

10. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I need Drifts and Lockdown! Yes I said Drifts, I got repaints to paint!

11. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since I'm pretty sure new BB is in the furthest wave so far to have a figure breakdown, that would be quite the event- if they actually didn't release a toy of new BB at all (other than TRU evolutions and presumably the united gift pack).

I know we've heard rumblings of a wave 4, but I don't recall any accounting of what it would actually include (other than being an obvious place for Stinger).

12. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think there is a good chance we see the Platinum sets cause those are usually exclusives and stores have probably ordered them already *thinks about the Target Leadfoot exclusive two pack that never came out*. I don't really see anymore waves after wave 3 to be honest. Line isn't moving fast enough.

13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Man, don't rub salt in that wound...:cry 

14. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

If the "DOTM line cancellation" thing happens again with this line, I might not even bother when TF5 comes around.

15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Honestly I think they've learned a bit from DOTM. They're not churning out even half as many figures in the Generations line as they did with DOTM mainline, I'm sure that all planned AOE Generations figures will see the light of day. Every single Generations figure that's been announced has started appearing somewhere already so I don't think we'll get a cancelled wave. Touch wood.

Not as confident in the ROTF Megatron One-Step wave though. But honestly I don't think that's a huge deal.

16. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't imagine it will, considering that we've only had three waves of deluxes and three waves of voyagers, confirmed at least, in the Age of Extinction toy line, whereas in Dark of the Moon there were seven waves, the last two of which were cancelled by Hasbro US. Age of Extinction has managed to avoid this by only producing on-screen characters, with the exception of four figures, and releasing them all in the first few waves. Dark of the Moon's last three deluxe waves only contained one on-screen character between them, with the rest consisting of repaints and new molds of pre-existing characters that already had toys

So I think it's safe to say that Hasbro learned something from the Dark of the Moon line

17. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ended up paying $65 for one from Japan. The deluxe Leadfoot that is.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Let's see how many Bees and Optimi they put out before you say that. Hell, I'm not confident we'll see the tail end of the Classics Generations stuff. I'm having RTS Rumble and Bodyblock flashbacks.

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Nope. With all the crap they put out, one steppers, flip change, and whatever wastes of plastic clogging up the shelves, I doubt I'll see any wave 2 deluxe and voyager figures. Overpriced smaller figures too.

20. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

All I need is stinger anyway for onscreen characters. Some more effin decepticons would be lovely thou XD