Wife and I are moving This weekend....and it sucks!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GAUGE, Mar 28, 2020.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    We are so screwed. Friend flaked on us... Moving Company Flaked on us and then lied multiple times to get out of a contract... No Vehicle... No Money... No Hope...

We have a 2 Bed / 2 bath Apartment of stuff to move and Zero way to move it.

How screwed are we?

This is so messed up. :(  My wife and I's entire world is in this apartment. We sadly have to move as the complex refused to renew our lease without telling us why at the beginning of march. I planned out move meticulously so everything would work out perfect. I had 3 different plans in place in case things fell through. All of the planning failed.

We have a new place to live but zero way to move our stuff into it. Even the Huge Foodbox we JUST BARELY got yesterday. :( 

Fuck.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Rent a budget truck or uhaul.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. U-Haul or a similar rental truck. Might be short notice but one might be available.

I can see why a moving company might not want to go in an touch everything a stranger has considering the coronavirus going around. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Hopefully you have things packed and ready to go. A pet peeve of mine is people asking for help moving and hardly anything is packed. :mad:  Might take longer but totally doable with 2 people. Furniture is a PITA but still doable.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Good luck, I'll be moving soon, too. Haven't planned out the details exactly yet, as I'll be getting the keys in 6 days and I'm still packing up things. The worst was transforming all transformers. I did not want to look for all instructions. Some were intuitive and others were really a chore and I gave up halfway. Today I gotta wrap up everything in bubble wrap.

Some of my friends already mentioned concerns if they were willing to help moving, depending on what the situation might be, regarding the virus. And I definitely cannot get my stuff alone from here to the new apartment, which is about 60km away. I'm glad when this is over, still much to do.

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    My family is moving the last of our stuff today.

It was some chore, cleaning everything out. But we got through it.

Same could be said for you.

• Like Like x 2