Why wont takara reissue.........

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dragontron88, Feb 5, 2006.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why a Metroplex reissue would cost more (limited production not considered) than someone like Cybertron OP. It's not like he's made of gold and diamonds.

That said, I'd pay good money for Fort Max, Victory Saber or the dinobots any day.

2. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

and Takara will be able to reuse Metroplex mold as Metrotitan for another reissue (or e-Hobby variant)
    not that I care

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i second that one...i got the pvc of him awhile ago, and deathsaurus, and want those two so bad...but cant quite afford the pay hundreds for originals...maybe someday....

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear you, Lumpy! I hold off on any vintage figure priced over $50, in the hopes that it will be reissued for less. And plenty from my want list I created in college in the mid 90s have been reissued. And Takara's not done with reissues, nor am I done buying them.

5. 'nok

'nok undead space monkey

I would love to feel that feeling of opening a minty fresh base again (I got the 'Plex and Trypsy as a kid) but damn look at the spread of the cost, Cyvertron goes every where they make thousands of eacj mold way more than they would of the reissues, so the cost of the mold,, sculpt design pakaging excetra iis spread further, the G1 reissues catter to the collectors more, smaller market since most of us also buy the current stuff to, so well I want Metro titan and Grandus(yes I know he's a block) and all the other huge Fing Japenese exclusive toys, I doubt I'll see them till i shell out the dough for the originals like I did with Max, Brave Max, Ovelrord, and Black Zarak, but that said I'm jinxed I buy something vintige and they reissue it. I would love to get a B zarak that doesn't have that HOMO GOLD plastic prob of late G1/G2.

6. Foster

News Credits:
    Well, hurry up and buy more vintage bases so we can get them reissued! Your jinx works in everybody's favor! :lol 

7. 'nok

'nok undead space monkey

I'm looking man, but Grand Max complete is NOT cheap, and anything over $100 dollors is a purchase I make when I have some spare cash and am up to date with current series but have no fear I think they will soon issue quick switch as I just purchased the most hommo multi changer ever. I Have more fun with Action masters than that thing, but to parapgrase optimus prime TILL ALL ARE MINE!!!

8. Foster

News Credits:
    They would in fact reissue Sixknight, his name and color scheme were different in Japan. He was in the TV show and he was actually a badass character. I love his gun mode.

The transforms of most multichangers *are* lame. No getting around it.

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Simply, too expensive. Parents wouldn't get them for there kids. Only true collecters would.

10. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'de like to see DaiAtlas, Sonic Bomber and Grandus reissued. :D 

11. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

sonic bomber already HAS been reissued in the BRAVE line but he is repainted red. Grandus was also remoulded+repainted and sold in the BRAVE line. If you want a Dai-Atlas reissue just buy the KO that comes in the G1 style box as its quality is very good and its almost as good as the real thing.

I dont think we will see Trypticon reissued because of the fact he already was reissued for Beast Wars 2 but he didnt come with any of his parts aside from the small purple car. in short you basically ended up buying a g1 trypticon with no accessories and a stupid spike on his face.

as for base reissues i would have BLACK ZARAK any day over scorponok