Why won't I be getting the last 2 TFCC Magazines when I couldn't renew?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by figureguy, Sep 23, 2016.

1. figureguy

figureguy Well-Known Member

My subscription to the TFCC ended in Sept. 2016. Due to the club closing I could not renew for 2016. I did not receive issue 70 and spoke with Angie to get a replacement copy sent. I don't know for sure if one was sent or not considering the state of subs. She said since my sub ended in Sept. I would not receive the last 2 Oct/Nov and Dec/Jan issues. I could call in the middle of October and December and purchase them directly from the club. I thought I remember reading that even though you could not renew you would be receiving all the issues throughout 2016. I just wanted to know if I should be receiving them or not. I understand not charging me for a 3 month renewal but it would be a pain to have to buy each issue. Are others whose sub ended earlier in 2016 still getting issues? Thanks.

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    But you *could* renew. Back in March, when notice after notice was sent out telling people that they would need to do so at that time....

No, you should not be receiving post-September issues of the magazine. "You can buy them from the store if you want them" was the line I was told way back before March.

You CAN access the club store, even after your membership has expired. They worked hard to make that work precisely for this reason.

3. figureguy

I know you had to be a member by the March deadline to get Ramjet but I could have sworn I read that there were no renewals for 2016. The email from March said you had to be a member to get Ramjet, Botcon perks and TFSS 5.0. It said all memberships will end in December.

Also, from a March 11th post on the Club's official Facebook page:

As far as concerns over auto renewals after March 16th. As we have said, we are not taking any new memberships after this date, so there are no auto renewals as there will be no memberships to renew.

If there are no memberships to renew and if there are no new memberships after that date, how do you know you won't get the last couple of months issues? My auto renewal would not be in effect so this says to me that you can't renew.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a subscription that ended in... July? August? Sometime... I tried to renew it back in March and the system wouldn't let me. I wasn't terribly concerned, as I had two subscriptions and the second wasn't expiring, but yes, the last issue that shipped out I only got one copy instead of two. So no, you won't get the last few issues, you'll have to buy them from the store if you want them.

5. figureguy

Well, at least I can still buy them through the store if I want to. If not I'll pick them up from the club directly. Thanks for clearing this up.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Because with FunPub losing the license, they only had time enough for one last gigantic f*ck up, and this is the one they decided on.