Why the S2 hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Cracka J, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any season that improves Miko's glaring flaw can't be that bad.

2. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Took the words out of my mouth. And no I'm not singing the Meat Loaf song. Also I've tweaked a couple of things to make it closer to how I see it.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I Can barely remember what happened in Prime and I only saw it some weeks ago - it's like Transformers : Armada it's all getting a bit fuzzy very quickly.

I thought Season 1 and two followed the same template weeks of not very much happening followed by a big finish - and with Primes same ol' problem of resolving it's plot points either not at all or if they do in very unsatisfying ways.

The good points is we got to see Jackie do a little, Miko managed to equal Jack on a body count.

As to bad points - well we won't got there it takes to long. but I will say this which is true now as it was true in season One - for a show called Prime the title character does seem to like spending most of a season doing very little.

I did rather enjoy Smokescreen though (him getting a decent new mould deluxe is a must have).

Perhaps the best way to have resolved the Orion Pax thing was to have him not get his memories back (and that really made no sense anyway for him to get them back in the way he did).

He should have remained as Orion and only slowly recovered his mojo and had to be hand held by Arcee and Ratchet ending with much the same ending with him fighting off Megatron with the Saber and then blowing stuff he shouldn't have up much to Ratchet's irritation, horror and disgust. which he will no doubt have forgotten about next season.

Bringing Optimus back proved to be little use and imagine how much more menace Nemesis Prime would have if Optimus was only Orion when fighting him.

So who made the choice of not having the guts to keep Optimus as Orion, and really using that - heck they could even of had interaction between Orion and Dreadwing if possible especially if Skyquake's death was blamed on Bumblebee (who actually rode him down into the ground).

4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    1. I Can’t really argue “No Thank you”.:inquisiti 

2. What do you mean I want him dead? I don’t believe you understand my post; it elaborates on the idea of Megatron planning for the possibility that Orion Pax may remain a Decepticon indefinitely, the audience may not that he wont but, Megatron does not. This would have added a level of depth to an already great character with literally no sacrifice to the overall story arc.

3. Of course he could have taken the risk and it would had the same results but, it would have sounded less silly then the something as silly as the “Doctor of Doom”. Again no sacrifice to the overall arc

4. Why not? Arcee got pretty close and she bum rushed in the first part of the episode and she is physically the weakest character. And they could sneak in but, we are going in circles on the subject you keep saying not enough fire power I keep saying someone could sneak in (maybe Bumblebee while Arcee is getting the key with Jack).

In reference to your final remark, my whole point was it was ‘JUST fine’ not good or even great.

There were a bunch of things they COULD have done and I outlined a few humble examples (off the top of my head) and I repeatedly kept stating that it was pointless to go into hypotheticals yet, you kept challenging their feasibility, which I defeneded my agument and will continue to defend (ontill my hands get tired of typing or I just don't really wanna talk about it anymore:p ).

If you want to say “I liked the way Orion Pax 3 part the way it was” I get that, even if you wanna say "I dont know if I would change that” but, you can’t honestly make it seem like the 3 part episodes that aired was the ONLY way it could have been done, by the Matrix (I went there :) ) fans came out with such awesome speculative ideas during the season one to season two break and the season premier didn’t even come close to the expectation that was hyped.

Prime season one had one of the BEST finales since Beast Wars Season 2 (when BW Megatron blows G1 Optimus Prime’s head up) you have this unbelievable teaser trailer with Optimus getting branded a Decepticon, and a kick ass promotional two face poster, all designed to advertise this ground breaking never before done moment in Transformers history (that being Optimus Prime becoming a Decepticon) and they decide to run with it for THREE episodes.

5. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    This argument is going in circles because no matter what, what's done is done. The fact that you are arguing over what could have been done is ludacris. That's like me saying "Oh, there are 20 different ways Bay could of killed Optimus in ROTF." It doesnt matter which way he did it because its already been done.I tried presenting you with facts, but you disputed them with hypothetical situations that in reality wouldn't and didnt happen. Therefore this argument is over.

As for your 'three episode comment', I agree, as I already stated.

6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:

The subject of this thread is called "why the S2 hate" and as such discussing the "why" is critical, the topic got derailled into the "what could have been" when it was just to be a single comment to give the "why" substance. The discussion was NEVER intended to drag on for this long yet, it did.

Its not facts vs hypotheticals, its speculation vs hypothetical, either way the discussion, as we both agree, is moot.

This idea could have been awesom but, lets not get lost in the could again:) .

7. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I am noticing that trend of heroes in general having to be brooding 24/7, lol. There is this mistaken view that that's somehow more mature or dark but usually it's just more pretentious, hehe.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See this is what I like so much about the new Turtles cartoon. We get to see them playing, teasing each other and acting like brothers and teens. They aren't brooding or boring like the Autobots in Prime. It's down time scenes like this that really help a show.

9. NeverDoubt

Yeah I really should check that out more, it seems to have a balance between the campy '80s turtles and the brooding 2003 turtles. The best action cartoon/movies are the ones that allow for character moments.

Like you guys say, Prime does provide plenty of character moments for the villains. From that Comic Con panel this year I got the impression the writers really enjoy writing for the bad guys the most. I believe one of them endearingly referred to the Decepticons as a dysfunctional family, lol.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For Batman it works because he's Batman and he can get away with that sort of thing. In a way it also works because the direct to video movies and the cartoons have been going with the idea that maybe Batman is kind of a prick. Sure Batman will save the day but he's also a bit of a bunghole about it.

When other characters try to pull this off it does come off as pretentious rather than making the character deep. Instead of making the character a more rounded character they feel like jerks who just happen to be fighting for the good guys.

Really bad when Skywalker on Clone Wars comes off as more light hearted and likeable than other cartoon heroes. Sure one day Skywalker is going to turn to the dark side and kill just about everyone but he seems like someone who would be fun to hang around with compared to Superboy who you just want to slap around and tell him to get over it. Having super powers would be the coolest thing in the world so most of us would have a Flash reaction to having super powers.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem with the Autobots in this show. Hell Arcee, Ratchet and Smokescreen are some of my fav characters in all continuities. I felt like they interacted with each other best when we had the kids in every episode. I'm glad Beast Hunters is going to be more about the Bots and their kids.

12. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I didn't hate Season 2. I mearly thought Season 1 was better.

13. bumblebeeprime2

bumblebeeprime2 Banned

News Credits:
    i love s2! s1 was all right! but people have stuff to complain!!

tf fans STOP COMpLAINING all the time! is this what these threads about? just complaning? cause it shure seems like it!

14. PrymeStriker

PrymeStriker Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Okay, everyone. We're not allowed to complain. Prime is flawless and we must all like it or be decapitated. It's the new rule.

:rolleyes2 

15. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Prime Forums

The only thing I disliked about Season 2 was that they needed a new Intro/opening and also More Wheeljack.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rolling eyes at the new rule sounds like decapitation material! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    personally i thought that the start of season two up till bulkheads arc was fairly slow and monotous but once it came back from the break it picked up the pace a lot better, starscream seemed like less of a joke the second half of the season, smokescreen was added, stakes were raised and yes it was another 4 part relic hunt at the end of the season but there was a purpose to it that the previous hunt lacked. i place s1 and s2 about evenly but the second half of s2 was much better than s1 was

18. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    ^This.

I still love S2 though.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I can't remember which board member said it but they said it's better for fans to complain than to say nothing. Fans that are complaining are watching the show hoping it will get better. When no one is complaining it means too many people have just completely given up on a show and stopped watching.

20. NeverDoubt

How true that is, complaining means you care, lol. :D