Why The Last Knight bombed

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nathanoraptor, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Here are the other 4 movies in terms of IMDB rating:

DOTM: 6.3/10
    ROTF: 6.0/10
    AOE: 5.7/10
    TLK: 5.2/10

None of the movies go below 2.5 stars; the lowest ranked, TLK, is 2.6 stars. When converted to percentages, they never go below 50%, so to say they were reviled is simply incorrect.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

Right, "decimal" doesn't mean 10. What a dummy, ffs.

3. Nathanoraptor

I know that the term "decimal" means 10.

Let's draw the point that you said all the Bayverse sequels got "three stars" or less on IMDB; I provided evidence that that was not the case. The movies never went below 2.5 stars; or 50% when converted to percentages.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. JohnStartop

For anyone else who wants to challenge how rating systems work:
    -Rotten Tomatoes is a percentage (out of 100) of positive reviews from critics.
    -IMDb is a decimal (out of 10) that is averaged from votes (out of 10) from anyone.
    Metacritic is a percentage (out of 100) of positive reviews from critics weighed based on the perceived credibility of said critics.
    -A star rating is a range of 10 possible ranges (0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5) that is automatically calculated. All ratings are rounded down because it's not an average, it's a range that you either reached or you didn't. Any other system can be converted to the star system by simple grade-school math. It's the standard unit for art review and it unifies all other systems into one for comparison purposes. For example, Google any book, film, or musical album and the system would automatically preview a star rating.

Every rating you showed falls in 3 stars or below.

I can't believe how thick you are.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  5. Nathanoraptor

ROTF got slightly higher than 3 stars. Fact remains, the films never went below 2.5 stars on the rating system, or approximately 50%. Whilst they are disasters according to the high standards that have been set by the MCU, they were pretty much considered "average" by all but the most picky audiences.

6. JohnStartop

Again, slightly higher than 3 stars is still 3 stars because they're ranges. But yes, I'm among the people who enjoy them even if they're not very good.

7. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    HA! Thats hilarious sorry but imo no

• Like Like x 1
  8. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lack of Robots battle and complicated storyline.

9. Nathanoraptor

I would say more "stupid decisions made during production, the quality of the competition and nervous execs spending too much money on advertising". None of which Michael Bay was to blame for.

And it's made even worse that it came right after AOE which, to me, felt like an attempt to break the format. The search for the McGuffin is not the driving force of the plot, the human protagonists are pretty likeable and interesting and there was a darker, more serious tone, without any of the vulgar humour that had ruined ROTF. The Transformers also had more focus and characterisation; Hound, Crosshairs and Drift weren't forgettable or annoying, as previous characters had been (lookin' at you, Skids and Mudflap).