Why The Hate on Humans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by agent j 15, Nov 23, 2016.

?

What are your thoughts on human characters?

1. Love them!

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. They're okay.

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Don't care for them (neutral)

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  4. Hate them.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. WE WILL KILL THEM ALL.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I think it's because even when we've become to accept that we're getting humans to act as a bridge between the audience and the characters we're there to see, the writers presumably all shotgunned a glass of coke and rubbing alcohol each and decided that instead of the fun characters like Lennox and Epps, who have both personal and professional reasons to be bros with the Autobots, we are instead stuck with Sam and Mikaela - two of the least likable characters I've ever seen in a movie who aren't wearing Waffen-SS uniforms.

Cade is a happy medium: while he's certainly no special forces soldier, he is at least a grown up who doesn't have his head stuck up his arse but he also has an interesting vocation as an inventor. So since we got not-Wheeljack in DotM, there is perhaps a chance we'll get original mad scientist flavour Wheeljack in another movie and he and Cade can bond over inventing shit and accidentally blowing labs up or something.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not just expensive but you have to toss in the rendering time so Paramount couldn't get the movies out as quickly as they wanted to if they had say doubled the robot time. It seems like every Transformers movie comes right down to wire as they keep polishing the effects so the robots look photo realist instead of looking like early CGI. Heck even with the polish some sharp eyed fan will spot where they didn't polish a scene enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I came here for Transformers not people.

The fact they never went down this route was one of the biggest mistakes in the movie franchise.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I would love to see the early cgi in TF5.

5. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Wuz crackin’ lil bitches

Depends on who we're talking about. I really loved Lennox and Epps. They're still by far my favorite two humans. Glenn was hilarious. The scenes we got with he and Maggie still make me laugh. Simmons was ok. Sam...well I liked the scenes with him and Bumblebee. And I like Cade.

Didn't care much for Carly or Mikaela.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I only truly cared about the Witwicky Trilogy characters in certain well-written fanfictions.
    AoE was the first movie that made me actually care about the human characters and their situations within the movie itself.

7. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

The humans have never bothered me too much. I do think there needs to be that connection for general audiences. I'd prefer they have less screen time than they do relative to the bots. But I understand the fx budgeting issues. I do think AoE hit the right balance. And Cade is my favorite human supporting cast member. I'm also glad Lennox and Epps are returning. Always liked those guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    I don't hate that there are human characters. I hate that there are so many screen thieving painful-to-watch humans, I hate that good actors are given dumb poorly scripted characters, and I hate that characters that aren't really too bad are given idiotic scenarios to play out.

Although, i think "hate" is a pretty strong word.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Also I'll add that I could never stand Megan Fox. I was glad when she quit/got fired (whatever happened there). Good riddance.

But honestly Shane was the most annoying human character to me. Seriously. "Mr. I surrender."