Why so many people want transformers 6 from michael bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon seeker, Feb 15, 2020.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Almost forgot to address this one: I FOUGHT in a war, and am curious what that has to do with anything.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strange to see so many people become angry with OP over fake TF fans, given the fact that the people he’s describing wouldn’t actually call themselves TF fans, and (given the millions of people who watched these movies) might even call this forum “weird”. Simply put, he’s not shittalking bayverse fans, he’s shittalking the millions of casuals won for some reason want TF6 in bayverse style.

3. beastfanboi

beastfanboi Beast is life, beast is love

It is because we bayformers fans have envy the g1 audience because they have the beast and kiss players and I want the beast in bayformers

So then kiss players and the beast saved the transformers brand

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2020
  4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi why do we have to fight all the time?

News Credits:
    As a G1 fan I want a G1 reboot where Spike is the main character and Optimus only appears for 10 seconds per episode.

5. beastfanboi

beastfanboi Beast is life, beast is love

Also windblade needs to be shoved in there

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

I think people on both sides are seeing this in totally the wrong light; and debating the wrong issue.

In a franchise that has had some very sophisticated stories and character arcs, dealing with some very mature themes, it's not unreasonable to ask for higher standards from a Transformers film - and the Bayverse for the most part failed to reach those standards.

And in an age where actors can win Oscars for playing the Joker and where a Marvel film was in serious consideration for Best Picture, it's understandable why people were left wanting from the Bayverse sequels.

Like all fandoms, we crave general respectability, because we know how good the brand can be when it is at its best.

However, there's a difference between demanding higher standards from what we expect to see and gatekeeping - gatekeeping your interests encourages toxic attitudes that alienate people from that fandom. In fact, gatekeeping is precisely why the TF fandom has such a negative reputation - something which people who've worked on Transformers media have pointed out.

Basically, the statement should be, "The poor quality of the Bayverse, by and large, has meant that the Transformers franchise has not gotten the cinematic respectability it deserves", not "We haven't got the respectability we deserve because the Bayverse fans are lowering the tone."

The quote, verbatim, is "If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting". Pretty much no seven-year-old on Earth knows what blacklights do or who Jackson Pollock is - the joke slips past the kids, who just think Quill's being funny, but the adults snigger at it, because they know what both those things mean.

That's a clever way of getting adult jokes in, whilst still being family-friendly, rather than, say, a robot with a penis cannon or John Turturro's arse in a speedo.

You do know "macho" has become a byword for toxic masculinity? As in, an absolutely harmful mindset that no-one should be speaking of in positive terms?

Indeed, one of the so-called "macho" things about the movies, the overt sexualisation of the female characters, ended up alienating a lot of female fans, as well as family audiences. I will contrast the first and last Bayverse films and my experiences seeing them.

When I was ten and the first Transformers came out, all the girls in my class went to see it and they enjoyed it just as much as the boys did. To us, it was a unigendered thing; both girls and boys liked it and that was perfectly fine.

A decade later, when my older sister and I went to see TLK, she was the only woman in the room - and we had to change seats because some arsehole fourteen-year-olds behind us were implying that my sister was an [awful slur for transsexuals] because she was a woman going to see a Transformers movie.

Also, Bumblebee did not lose sales at all - the four times I went to see it, the screen was packed, mostly with families with kids, some as young as five.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

No, I did not say that. Don't put words in my mouth. . .I can't stand kiss players.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Why? I just do not understand why people feel the need for combining Dinobots JUST BECAUSE they share a color scheme and theme since they're a theme group.

Not to mention there have been no less than TWO Dinobot combiners in the last decade! Power core Combiners Grimstone a.k.a. "The Dinopope" and then Volcanus from the POTP Dinobots who straight up IS The Beast just without the weird ass mutant abomination angle.

The dinobots in bayformers WERE NEVER EVEN CALLED THE DINOBOTS. That and you'd probably get something absolutely unlike what you THINK you'd get anyway if Devestator in ROTF looking NOTHING like the G1 version was ANY indication.

And Kiss Players? Dude, that shit was SOFTCORE EROTICA. It was Takara trying to milk Alternators molds by appealing outside the usual target market. And because Japan is just super weird sometimes, they went for the 18+ adult entertainment audience. Absolutely NOBODY wants that crap being brought back.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

I liked the ROTF Devastator design - because it a) looked cool and b) did attempt to approach the inherent scale problems in combiners realistically. Something Devastator's size would not be able to support its own weight on two legs. No excuse for the wrecking balls, though.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'd only support another Bay film if it meant an animated film of constructicons or a prequel about cybertron and the teachings of sentinel prime.

11. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

Blame ya boys bay and lorenzo and paramount. THEY created the situation, and had something to do with its aftermath. I don't claim kiss players. . .

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not even then. No.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    So you won't support another Bay film.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

And yet...
    [​IMG]

Looks bipedal to me!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Plus, it's a movie. They could have done whatever they wanted. Like, there's no way Ramage's proportions and weight would have allowed him to bounce around like he does in the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Wouldn't that be the other way around in a Bay film? ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

She couldn't be in a bay film. In a bay film, all Autobots EXCEPT Prime and Bumblebee are likely to die.

Hasbro can't bring themselves to let Windblade come to ANY harm. She'd upset the unnatural balance simply by existing in a bay film.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

To be fair, she kinda does that in every continuity.

19. Autobot Burnout

You ever see the South Park episode "Cripple Fight" (S5E2), specifically the part where as part of his plan to kill Jimmy, Timmy hands him Kenny's parka and despite a bunch of random shit happening around Jimmy that would have instantly killed Kenny, Jimmy emerges just fine?

I see it as kind of like that. Except Windblade is Jimmy and the part of Timmy is played by Michael Bay and the entire writing team of the film.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hope they let the bayverse films die and continue the Bumblee design, also focus less on the dumb humans. Bay verse is all sex/explosions/shittywriting it’s like they got stuck in the 90s.

When I saw the humans with their ARs going after Transformers it was so eye roll inducing.

• Like Like x 6