Why so many people want transformers 6 from michael bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon seeker, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metro Prime

Metro Prime Frustrated Collector

I'm not going to disagree with you lol. I'm just saying that's how I enjoy the Bay-verse lol. It's nothing at all what I wanted, but I enjoy it anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I want TF6 from Michael Bay for a proper closure to the series and because I enjoyed the first five movies a lot. DotM is my all time favorite movie followed by AoE, the 2007 movie, RotF, and TLK far behind them.

• Like Like x 5
  3. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah BW reinvigorated it. Then the Unicron Trilogy killed it and it would have stayed dead unless the movies never happened. We wouldn't have gotten Prime, RiD, or Animated without the movies.

• Like Like x 7
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Are you talking about the G1 cartoon!? Because it sounds like it...

The most stupid comment I have read today... Lol

• Like Like x 6
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    People don't like the UT for its quality but it was a massive hit at the time, Armada was selling so well it caused the creation of the entire Universe line which was literally just whatever random crap Hasbro could redeco because Walmart wanted to sell more toys. We laugh at it now but it was a big boom for Hasbro.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The only people arguing that the G1 cartoon is at all a standard of quality is, ironically, the people defending the bay films.

The majority of people don't think G1 as anything actually worth aping - it was a cheap ass cartoon that we confirmed from the writers themselves had episodes in writing be turned around in a week's time. The only thing the cartoon itself has going for it? Nostalgia. Acting like it's anything else is silly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AutobotStrider

AutobotStrider Well-Known Member

The age rating for ROTF is 12 right?

Quill alone bedding different women and making ejaculation jokes isn't inappropriate? I could go on about the MCU and liken it if you want.

The Bay films were great. Consequences in war and the movies were macho. Bumblebee movie wasn't macho and it showed which actively hurt sales imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Please use the multiquote function. It exists so you don't have to clutter a thread making single posts to reply to single quotes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

I would have been cool with one more movie to tie it all up if the last one wasn't such a terd story wise.

I'm tired of every movie having a new mcguffin that is more powerful then the last one.

10. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Exactly. It's tragically funny how there are still folks that think the bayverse is some prodigal son saviour figure that saved the Transformers universe. . .NOT!!! The taste of Kool-Aid is addicting to many. . .Even the Kool-Aid man is saying, "OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!!!!", LMAO, in THIS case:D .:jawdropper: :lol 

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Were you even ALIVE when that all went down? A/E/C was doing perfectly fine both on the shelves AND on television. Pretending that TFs were in some sort of post G2 tailspin at that time is the most blatant and easy to dispute revisionist history imaginable.

• Like Like x 2
  12. optimusbee

News Credits:
    Dude get over yourself. Were you alive when any war happened? The idea that someone alive now cn't be right about the past is so stupid. I was incorrect about the Unicron Trilogy but I was not incorrect about Prime and, RiD, and Animated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    No, you weren't. TFA was in the rails before the Movie hit. It was in development before we even saw what the Movie bots were going to look like. If TFA was in response to the movies, the designs would have been like TFP, which were basically Bayverse: the Show.

And my point is you going full out off base with points in a public forum, it invites debate by its very nature. Especially when your perception of the facts can be easily refuted.

Full stop: The Movieverse brought in a huge number of Muggles that bumped sales for a movie or two, but died down FAST from DOTM on, arguably during ROTF. That's it. There was no maintaining it as the few fans we got that are dedicated Movieverse fans were a fraction compared to the hipsters that were popping on because nerd was the next cool thing.

• Like Like x 4
  14. optimusbee

News Credits:
    I’ll admit I’m wrong about Animated. It’s hilarious that you call movieverse fans muggles. You can’t tolerate the idea that not everyone is obsessed with G1. I bet it makes you upset that I don’t have as many CHUG figures as movieverse figures. I’m done arguing with someone who can not tolerate other opinions. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 2
  15. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Wow. I referred to the casuals who don't stick around at all Muggles. Anyone with a grade school level of English reading comprehension could see that. I parse my words VERY carefully. And you can't look ANYONE in the eye and say everyone that watched the movies stuck around for the entirety or did much of anything past watching the movies and occasionally threw a toy at a kid in their family. The drop in sales between ROTF and DOTM is irrefutable proof of that.

Second, your judgementalism is hilarious and offbase. I don't give two shits what you collect. I don't care whether you're obsessed with ANY sector of this franchise. What I care about is opinion over fact being spewed out as fact, which EVERYONE should be concerned with.

Also, do you not see the irony of someone not tolerating others' opinions accusing someone of not tolerating others' opinions?

• Like Like x 5
  16. optimusbee

News Credits:
    Anyone who likes Transformers can be a fan. Even if they're "millennials" joining because "nerd is the next cool thing". You're just as bad as the people saying MCU viewers aren't real superhero fans. Do not insult my intelligence. I never did claim that everyone who watched the movies stuck around, you're making that claim up. I would look ANYONE in the eyes and tell them that. I'm tolerating your opinion, I agree with your opinion about G1, I like it just as much as the movies. But once again, people like you can't be reasoned with.

• Like Like x 2
  17. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    But not everyone who likes Transformers IS a fan. Point you repeatedly missed or willfully ignored in your defense of the Movieverse.

I never said that. At all. I goddamn CHALLENGE you to find that anywhere in here or any other thread. Don't try to lay that boomer garbage on me simply because you want to win an argument.

But they never joined. How many people watched the movies? How many do you think even TOUCHED a toy? How many do you think even REMOTELY cared enough to join forums to debate them, or even sought out the comic adaptions and movie related comics? THAT is what myself and the other poster, who you've conveniently chose to NOT spend so much time attacking, tried repeatedly to explain to you.

Pure conjecture on your part, and yet again I never said any such thing. There are many people who give less than a micrometer of shit about the comics yet watch all the films and related shows religiously. Yet there are people who kill 2 hours at the theater with whatever is there. Same as with the Bayverse movies. Once again, point you ignore.

I didn't insult your intelligence, I questioned your reading comprehension skills. There's a discernible difference there...

YOU CLAIMED THEY EVEN CAME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!! THAT is the entire crux of this argument between us.

lol No, you aren't. Largely because you are completely offbase as far as what my opinion even IS.

So you agree that G1 is no better or worse than ANY other series, and that there isn't a single bit of fiction in the TF franchise that stands as an unreproachable paragon? I doubt it...

Patently false, I can be reasoned with. The problem is "reason" wasn't in your arsenal.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Completion anxiety is what I would normally say, but after TLK it really just needed to be put down.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

That and $$$$$. . .

20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    We should've never gotten past DOTM.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.