Why so many people want transformers 6 from michael bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon seeker, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    TLK was the 5th film. If it was the second they could have. So being that the movie didn't perform as expected, a new direction for the franchise was decided.

The worst movie lately for me is the latest predator

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

The Last Knight may have been a financial disappointment, but it's not the biggest box office disaster of the last decade.

It's extremely unlikely you work in the movie business. Please don't act like you have your pulse on movie executives.

That said, here is what I would do for a sequel to TLK/Bayverse finale, which isn't entirely based on my preferences by the way.

1. Bring back Shia and Megan Fox. There's probably a lot of nostalgia for those two among the millennial/older Generation Z general public. Most general audience members are interested in the human characters, BUT...
    2. Feature a smaller human and robot cast than TLK. Basically the core robots from the last couple films, plus maybe a few new ones of importance to the plot and to sell toys. No pointless cameos of Wreckers in Cuba, Daytrader, etc. On the human side, maybe Simmons, Lennox, Joshua Joyce, and Izzy. Representation from the entire run of the live action films, and give them roles. Bam.
    3. Balance between the Creator and Unicron storyline. Make it so they are part of the same story and not completely unrelated.
    4. Smaller visual scale than TLK … no budget eating "Cybertron coming into Earth's orbit" scenes...but still have breathtaking scenery, CGI, and exciting action!

More specifically, for the general concept of the film and how I'd reconcile the Creators' story and Unicron, I would have it so that Cybertron/Primus represents order in the universe, with order being associated with mechanical beings and worlds, while Earth and Unicron represent chaos, which is symbolic of organic life and terrestrial planets or gas giants. The Quintessons are the judges of the balance and manage the universe accordingly. 65 million years ago, Unicron, and consequently chaos, had the edge, so to shift the balance toward order, the Quints decimated organic life on thousands of worlds, and created their own beings of order in the process by making mechanical slaves....the Transformers...that would do the Quints' wills in enforcing that balance.

However, ages later, the Transformers gained life and awareness. The first sentient Transformers, the earliest Primes, rose against their masters and overthrew the Quints for the time being before giving life to the remaining Transformers, and the subsequent factions and wars decimated Cybertron and other worlds. Once more, the balance shifted toward chaos...and Unicron, which is why the Quints are suddenly after the Autobots and Decepticons, because their war and damage it has done has tipped the balance to chaos.

Fast forward to the present, and Unicron talks with a fallen-down-to-Earth Megatron in a remote cavern. Unicron turns Megatron into a new form of Galvatron...the chaotic, Earthly form of Megatron….and has Galvatron go insane and sow chaos on the Earth and try to destroy Quintessa, the leader of the Quintessons who has achieved "immortality" by becoming a shape-shifting, mechanical being. However, Quintessa would turn him back into Megatron. The battle between chaos and order would be shown through this switching between Galvatron and Megatron.

During the climax, Optimus Prime would battle Galvatron to stop his Unicron-ordered, chaotic rampage. Unicron's "Headmaster" robot mode would battle Quintessa, with both trying to defeat the other and exert control of Megatron. The Autobots, several Decepticons free of Unicron's influence, Dinobots, and Sam Witwicky and company would try to reach Prime to aid him, while Unicron would use his own Transformer minions and the Earth itself to stop them. Because nobody should have power over Megatron, Galvatron defies the influence of both Quintessa and Unicron, no longer fighting Prime. Both now fight Quintessa and Unicron along with the still surviving autonomous Transformers and Shia and company. Quintessa gets destroyed. Unicron is defeated and contained, but not destroyed, for chaos and Unicron must exist as long as Primus and order do. Till all are one.

Of course, those aren't all the details, but that's the basic background lore, conflict, and resolution I would do. Nor am I saying I have a perfect idea of what a financially successful ensemble Transformers film in the future would realistically. I don't work in Hollywood or for the entertainment industry, but that's the general idea for what I would do if I were to make a sequel to The Last Knight, and I wanted to make it exciting for general audiences and fans alike.

Because that's such a baseless and outlandish accusation it's laughable. Enjoying things that you hate =/= wanting to watch the franchise burn to the ground.

Do you have some sort of weird obsession with me? Are you secretly a fan of mine, but you're too scared of letting the other haters and complainers see that side of you? Do you have a crush on me? I don't have an answer to that, but your posting behavior here is...bizarre.

There are a lot of films I don't like, but I like or dislike films based on what they are trying to be!

What I don't like about RoS is that it isn't good for what it's trying to be: a conclusion to the "sequel trilogy" of the episodic Star Wars (While not perfect, I don't mind The Last Jedi). I didn't like Godzilla: King of the Monsters for what it was trying to be. I didn't like Frozen. There are lots of movies I don't care for, but I generally like to focus on what I like.

Meanwhile, I like the Bay films for what they are trying to be.

If that's the game we're playing, do you not understand how weird your hatred/obsession for AoE is?

Because I understand people not liking the films completely. I was talking with someone tonight, and they were talking about how they thought the first three movies were stupid (they haven't seen AoE, TLK, or Bumblebee). That's anecdotal, of course, but the point is the earlier movies were ripped apart for their characterization, plots, McGuffins, action, designs, humor, editing, etc. Consequently, it seems silly to blame AoE and TLK for complaints that existed from the very beginning of the movies' existence. Especially since AoE had less of the crude humor people previously hated, had more scenes featuring the robots as characters, and had designs that were more colorful and less like the insectoid, grey scrap metal Decepticon designs many existing Tf fans hated.

Furthermore, in my opinion, the Bay movies are absolutely more solid than RoS. Using your hated AoE as a Shrexample, AoE actually builds over time. The different subplots are actually highly connected narratively and thematically. You get to spend time with the characters as the story builds. RoS simply jerks you around.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with AoE being your least favorite of the movies. That's down to personal preferences, which are quite diverse with fans of the Transformers brand. I just don't think there's this huge difference in quality between the "good" Bayformers films and the "bad" Bayformers films. I can understand a fan having their favorite Bay film at a 9 and their least favorite at a 7 or 6, or their favorite at a 3 and their least favorite at a 1.5. I don't understand fans giving their favorites a 9 or a 10, and then they rate their least favorite at a 1 or 2, because these are all the same type of movies with a lot of the same production crew shared between them.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Exactly-which basically proves that Lorenzo was using the 'ole tired bait & switch technique for those addicted to, and strung out on a drug called the bayverse. . .

• Like Like x 3
  4. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

I wouldn’t even give it enough credit to call it a drug!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nearly driving one of the last few major movie studios into bankruptcy isn't the biggest box office disaster in the last decade? Please, what was the biggest disaster, then?

First off, neither of those actors want anything to do with this franchise anymore. Pretty sure there's an interview with one of them that establishes as much but it's been a few years so I don't remember where it was.

Why would you bring Izzy back, a character so pointless even she remarks on it in TLK?

OK, fair enough.

You don't seem to understand that it's almost the signature for the Bay films at this point to have some colossal CGI centerpiece, do you? Barring the first one where the robots WERE the CGI centerpiece, you have ROTF - Devestator/Sun Harvester, DOTM - Worm/Cybertron being dragged out of a Spacebridge, AoE - Lockdown's dumbass gravity ship, and TLK - anything to do with Cybertron.

This is because the morons who keep pushing for the bayfilms do not want the robots to take center stage. It's entirely idiotic but that literally is the kind of thinking being put forth by Lorenzo based on interviews, and his name is still somehow still attached to this crap.

I'm assuming this means the Quints are NOT the Creators.

Riiiiiight.

And where does the AllSpark fit into all this? You noticeably leave out the major mcguffin of the first film, which was the entire point the robots were on Earth. Oh, and then there's all that bullshit about the robots have been crawling all over Earth since at least the 1500s with the dumbass knights and - shocker - somehow NONE OF THEM ever thought of going up to the arctic. At any point. Megatron wasn't buried THAT deep in the ice.

Oh yes, let's turn Megatron BACK into Galvatron after he already WAS Galvatron. This isn't going to confuse the general audience in the slightest whatsoever.

NOT.

I think you're forgetting that Unicron is the planet. He doesn't have a headmaster mode - he transforms into robot mode, EVERYONE LOSES INSTANTLY. The alternative is basically copying how Transformers Prime got around the issue with smaller effigies, which is still pretty fucking stupid.

That, and you also ARE kind of copying the exact plot of the second half of DOOM Eternal, just instead of the Khan Makyr and the Icon of Sin, you've got Quintabitch and Unicron, and a bunch of other essentially random characters.

Again, not gonna fly, because that isn't the angle Paramount was clearly gunning for. We know that whatever projects were NOT going to actually be TLK sequels - they were going to be shitty "historical pieces" of alternate history by just shoving robots into other wars in history. Bumblebee was supposed to involve Vietnam and that god awful looking WWII film concept just reinforce there never was any interest in continuing the plot of TLK until it was time to actually trot out Unicron in some weakened form as the TFCU's version of Thanos.

Dude, you still think it's okay that Optimus Prime abandoned his own men because he got upset over a bunch of humans pointing guns at him. That, coupled with the fact he's a savage monster that in human terms would probably have been brought up on violating the geneva convention for how many bodies he's eviscerated, shows he's a weak-ass leader and thus not really somebody to root for after the whole 'abandoned his own soldiers to get picked off one-by-one because he's depressed' crap.

Not to mention you totally dodged trying to answer that question a while back when @cybeast caught you in a contradiction. He asked how you could say that 'anything that transforms is a transformer' in the context of the films when TLK clearly has that goddamn submarine that never transforms but ALSO was said by you, as evidenced in the film, to be a Transformer.

Your response? "TLK had bigger problems" and you refused to even approach the question.

The sheer ego you must have to even say this. Maybe you can ask your buddy electronic456 since he apparently seems to be doing the same thing to me even though I won't even give him the time of day anymore. He's the one obsessed with trying to get a peep out of me even though I've explained to him exhaustively why I never want to talk to him again.

I've asked you to explain what you don't like countless, countless times, and that RoS post was the first time where you actually couldn't even talk about a film with a positive bias.

No, it's not, because AoE simply had all that shit and worse.

The Romeo and Juliet card scene happened. In a movie you've already stated was "to sell toys". Yes, because parents having to explain an obscure as fuck law about underage sex is completely appropriate for that kind of audience, according to you it seems.

After murdering literally the entire robot cast still alive after DOTM not named "Prime" or "Bumblebee" and introducing three new robots who were all assholes.

By simply not having Decepticons except Galvatron, who was really just twice-resurrected Megatron. Everyone else was a fucking drone under his control (which does not by association make them Decepticons since nobody calls the Centurion drones Decepticons) or Lockdown, and Lockdown completely violates your excuse because he's entirely colored black and gray.

Yes, because the Dinobots were at all relevant despite being plastered all over the marketing.

[​IMG]

Funny, given your opinion of TF Prime who - shocker - was a Roberto and Orci production, who also worked on the first three films.

• Like Like x 5
  6. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    TLK was probably not the biggest bomb of the decade, but it sure is one of the money lost for Paramount and Hasbro (Or the producing house?). They won't even entertain the idea of a "sequel" since it's clear they're losing money. Just like how Divergent's movie series was cancelled because it didn't make enough money, or The Darkest Mind, Golden Compass, I can go on...

Yes, people can still pitch an idea, but they probably won't even hear it, or just plain changing enough things on the plot to make another movie unrelated to Transformers.

And I'm flattered someone still remember that I mentioned Submarine scene :D 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Galvatross

There are plenty of other movies that similarly didn't do great or did worse as individual movies.

Furthermore, Paramount had plenty of struggles before The Last Knight. It's not like everything was perfect, and then The Last Knight singlehandedly ruined everything.

And I didn't say that wanted to. I'm merely pointing out that is something that might draw back many general audience members, because that's who they were familiar with. I am ignoring my own preferences as a fan and considering general audience members.

Plus, money talks, and Megan Fox ended up being in the Bay-produced Ninja Turtles, so I don't think she'd be above returning under the right circumstances. And Shia is nuts, so who knows in his case? But it wouldn't surprise me if he would

Because I liked her character and think she had potential.

And I didn't say there wouldn't be any CGI spectacle of that sort, but I would make the visual scale a little smaller.

Same thing. I just used both words interchangeably.

And if you actually read my post, you would notice I said I didn't include all of the details; it was just a summary of the basic concept for the story. Yes, the Allspark is what gave them life, but that's not the point of my post, which was to give a very general outline of the concept of my film and NOT to go over all of the details.

Not necessarily. Because he would have different designs as Galvatron and Megatron. He would become Galvatron when influenced by Unicron, and he would become Megatron again under Quintessa's influence. The visuals and dialogue would make this obvious. Galvatron would even have an updated Earthy, infernal version of the KSI cube transformations!

Furthermore, Megatron became Galvatron and then Megatron again in Armada, so if kids watching Armada can accept that, then I think Megatron being torn between Quintessa's and Unicron's influence is perfectly within the scope of the brand. Not to mention it could make for some interesting Transformers material for fans.

Who says he has to do that though?

What I'm saying is that I could see Unicron being a Japanese Headmasters-style Headmaster, where Earth is merely Unicron's Transistor. One of the problems with Unicron is that he's so big. I would want him to be able to interact more with the other robots.

Besides, it's his chaotic nature that interests me more than him being a planet. Which is also why, in my theoretical movie, he would use his power over the Earth itself to try and stop the protagonists. That would also provide some of the CGI spectacle, although it would be much smaller than Cybertron in DotM/TLK.

1. How can I copy something I have no familiarity with?

2. You do realize just about every story you have ever heard is inspired heavily by other things, right? There has probably not been a truly 100% original story for centuries or millennia. Humans do not live in a vacuum or entirely on instinct. We are cultural creatures who are influenced by the traditions and stories from before, whether we realize it or not.

But some of the stories from the TFCU/Writers' Room, had they been completed, would have been sequels.

Not this bullshit argument again.

Prime did not "abandon" his troops. Instead, he was ambushed by Lockdown and Cemetery Wind, as were some other Autobots. Ambush implies surprise. If you are successfully ambushed and defeated, you usually have no idea until it is too late.

Which is why he told his Autobots to, "cease all contact with humans!" which is a perfectly reasonable response when you don't know who is behind it.

He never said, "Cease contact with fellow Autobots." On the contrary, since he was barely able to make it to Texas, and he was in no condition to do much of anything until getting fixed by Cade, once he does escape the area he DOES meet up with the remaining Autobots, and from there they go as a group. So no, Prime did not abandon the Autobots. His actions in the film are actually the opposite.

Just another example of people inventing imaginary scenarios in their head to justify their hatred. There's no reason to do that. You can just dislike the movies for what they are.

Holding alien robots in a civil war to the same standards as some 20th century human meetings is completely silly and pointless. Transformers have completely different standards of life and death than humans. Transformers have survived as being nothing more than decapitated heads.

Cut the bullshit. Especially since I meet people with whom I disagree with head on and

The point was, there are lots of Transformers in the brand who are never shown transforming. We never see Hauler in the first season transform; we just see his alternate mode. We never see the Protoforms in RotF transform; we do see that one Protoform-like Decepticon transform from a pickup truck in DotM.

Would it have been cool to see that submarine transform? Of course. But I can accept it's a Transformer based on the dialogue and its action of "jumping," even if seeing it visually would have been better.

And I don't know how jokingly suggesting you have a crush on me is "ego," but your posting behavior does suggest that you have an unhealthy obsession with certain members and their opinions.

And I'm not certain why you need to mention electronic456? Because it seems like you're trying to start pointless arguments and needlessly talk about other members.

Not true at all. Maybe if you were less concerned with trying to find things to argue with in my posts and merely tried to see what others were actually saying, maybe you wouldn't get in these long-winded arguments?

How was it worse? The earlier films didn't have any more depth to them. The quality of writing and editing was the same. It's absolutely silly for fans to pretend as if there's some big difference in quality between these different over-the-top summer action flicks. It's just that AoE didn't go in the direction you wanted it to and didn't feature the characters you wanted it to.

The problem is the online Transformers fandom creates and encourages these double standards for different Transformers films and other media of similar quality, and then expresses outrage when anyone dares to voice a different opinion.

That scene was no more inappropriate than equivalent things in the first three films. It was actually less explicit than "Deep Wang" or "Sam's Happy Time!"

1. DotM killed off many more robots than AoE...and the ones killed in DotM were overall bigger names in the brand than the ones dead or MIA in AoE!

2. Those "three new robots' had more to them than the Autobots they replaced!

1. I consider them Decepticons. They are Transformers who are Galvatron's troops, and they serve the Decepticon cause, regardless of their lack of sentience.

2. Lockdown did not have the insectoid face of the protoforms/Blackout/Frenzy. He was less angular than they were, not counting the spikes on his shoulders.

1. The Dinobots were the cavalry. If you ever watch the behind the scenes stuff, they even say it was a cavalry charge. Lots of movies have individuals or groups of individuals who act as the cavalry.

2. All of the movies have featured big action scenes in their advertising. No different than the Driller appearing in DotM's trailers. So who cares?

3. We were never promised a Dinobot-centered story, neither in interviews nor in trailers. We were only told that they would be in it. The trailers sold the story as Cade finding Optimus, the Autobots getting hunted and the Transformers being made of a programmable metal, which is what the movie ended up being about. No deception there. If some fans thought otherwise, that's on them.

4. The Dinobots still receive more screen time than a large number of robots in the movies, including Shockwave, the Fallen, Quintessa, and many more, especially on the Decepticon side.

That's a completely different subject.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. cybeast

News Credits:
    But the Submarine not only didn't transform, it didn't even speak, or act in any way normal submarine can't. The only thing we know it's a Transformers is because the character said it. Even without the dialogue, it won't change the submarine scene in any way.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galvatross

Except it also jumped, which it did by itself. That's how TRF realized it was a Transformers, because normal submarines don't break out and jump into the ocean by themselves.

Remember, it was held in place and was part of a submarine museum on land. There was no machinery that pushed it into the ocean.

Nobody is claiming it was well executed, but I think it's obvious it was meant to be a Transformer, even if that should have been shown.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cybeast

News Credits:
    Yeah, after watching it again :

To be honest, only the "it started by itself" part can be...attributed to "Transformers", I guess. For all we know, it could be some kind of hocus pocus advanced machinery like those unmanned stealth bomber made from unknown technology on the past.

Watching the scene again reminded me on how I hate the movie so much. The cut between scene was so bad, I did't notice it initially that it was locked on land because the next scene showed it swimming merrily on the water.

But yes, point taken. It could be a Transformers because there's no way for it to move from land to water, AFAIK.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Galvatross

Yeah, I completely understand not liking it. I don't think it's that great myself, but I think the scene combined with the fact interviews months before the movie came out said there would be a submarine Transformer show that it was intended to be a Transformer. Was it originally going to transform into a robot mode earlier in production and got cut later on? I don't have an answer to that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Yet, there are still people saying they want more bayverse, even after AOE and TLK. . .Even after the bayverse had committed suicide. . .Is that not a sign of addiction?

• Like Like x 2
  13. cybeast

News Credits:
    I didn't read any interview, so the scene is all that I have to go on :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still stand by my opinion that it was Jem and The Holograms. Couldnt even get enough attention to stay in theaters longer than two weeks

15. BayverseBestVerse

BayverseBestVerse Active Member

Because it was the most creative iteration of the brand and had amazing designs and loveable characters. Not to mention the epic action scenes. The KSI bots are way better than G1 designs. We need to see the rest of the story. We need the finale. I want to see what happened with Megatron. Did survive? How is Quintessa going to kill Unicron this time? Let’s hope Unicron transforms and then they have to battle with him on Earth. They probably might make more characters like they did in AOE and TLK. Bay will come back I can feel it. He will return. Where is Sam? There’s so much story and lore. The Knights and Dinobots are amazing. I loved Grimlock’s personality. The Dinobots are so funny! We need to see the rest of the story. There’s more to tell. I watch at least one Bay movie a day. It’d be cool if Megatron changed back into Galvatron again and then went back and then back to Galvatron to show his struggle. His witty personality was so good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Yeah make a sequel to the last knight and kill the franchise and there was no story in these movies.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BayverseBestVerse

WHAT!!!!???? There was so much story. Optimus and Cade in AOE was so inspiring. I had to get a box of tissues. My whole family cried. The Bayverse needs to continue and become the main iteration. It’s just so good. Way better than that siege toy

18. decepticon seeker

Bayverse is dead and because of michael bay transformers has become a laughing stock.Idk if you’ve ever seen anything else from transformers media but bayformers is probably the worst of it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BayverseBestVerse

Where’s your proof. That’s not true. Back when I was just 4 in 2007 I used to play with the older kids in the neighbourhood who were 7-9. They helped the neighbor hood watch by telling on their older siblings for doing weed and they were trading weed. They put the run to them and thanked us. They took six of us out to the movies with our parents in 2007 to watch Transformers i will Never forget the experience. My friends jumped and cried. We yelled and clapped. Every time Optimus took a step we all yelled because of how real it looked. One of the boys shook in his seat from excitement. After that one of the parents in the neighbourhood bought a Camaro. Every July 4th he would drive us around in the Camaro. There was a barbecue and fireworks. It’s clear Bay can convey so much emotion and story in his movies based off my experience. It became a tradition to watch the new TF film in cinemas but that stopped with Bumblebee. No one in the neighbourhood wanted to see that. THE UNICRON SAGA NEEDS TO CONTINUE. Me and the other people in the neighbourhood are still waiting for the conclusion. I hope you all enjoyed my story. I just love Bayverse.

• Like Like x 2
  20. decepticon seeker

You got introduced to transformers just like me I used to love these movies too Im not saying don’t like them but these movies are bad and by transformers standards terrible.Watch transformers prime or animated or read the idw comics and you will see what transformers really is.Michael bay doesn’t care about characters or stories he just wants his movies to look epic with explosions and car chases.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.