Why so many people want transformers 6 from michael bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon seeker, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

As much Lorenzo di bonaventura is no longer involved, i will be happy.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    I think its like two people in the world, and they were either kids when TF1 came out, or are just being extremely dishonest.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sevenlima

Imo, Bay could return only to design the robots but TF6 should be direct by someone new.

4. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    ??! Trolling right!! Ahh good one!

• Like Like x 4
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting a sequel. Transformers 5 did end on a cliffhanger, which is basically film language for "there's more to come". Is it really fair to blame people for wanting/expecting what the last movie promised?

When we think about it in terms of box-office, we realize that a Transformers 6 would probably damage the franchise. But a lot of casual fans and general audience members don't think about movies that way. They just want more of the story. There are also tons of people who want a Solo 2. I think that would be a terrible idea after Solo flopped, but I don't blame them for wanting it. It would be nice if both Transformers and Star Wars could find a way to wrap up those cliffhangers without directly doing a sequel.

• Like Like x 15
  6. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he means that there's some merit to some of the robot designs within the film series. It doesn't have to be a TF6 or a signal for Bay to return.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I only accept apologies in cash

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    "If executed properly" it took us five films and one (almost) franchise-killing box office bomb to get a Transformer movie that even comes close to being executed properly. Said film also made the least money. Anything can be awesome if executed properly, the problem is that the guys who made the Bay films did not know how to execute their shit properly. Not to sound harsh but you sound a little too idealistic about the movies.

I whole heartedly agree! Even though the Bayverse deserves to RIP I still want to see my childhood franchise get a proper closure. A movie's too expensive and not worth the risk.

• Like Like x 5
  8. sevenlima

Is not the same thing, some people some want see real action not a comic but only if was a prequel.

9. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

This is what I meant about real tf fans

10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi I only accept apologies in cash

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So only prequels should be made into comics?

11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no... Allow me to elaborate.

The movieverse obviously took its own spin on the Autobot-Decepticon conflict.

-We have potentially interesting new characters like Barricade that I think are awesome.

-There's some changes for characters that could be interesting. (Deceptive Sentinel Prime; talking Laserbeak?)

-There's designs that I think are too cool to discard like nothing (Long Haul for example looks awesome).

-There's even TF lore stuff (admittedly from other iterations beforehand) that I think are cool like the Knights of Cybertron.

Have I made it clear now? I mean if it would be up to me I take the good out of that series and go along with the rest of things that are positive with the fans.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sevenlima

Imo, yes. but a comic adaptation just work a animated show.

13. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

The problem is, none of you want Transformers films that are much "better." Most of you just want your favorite things from past iterations packaged in ways you want it.

No, it is not a normal fucking thing to do!

Furthermore...who the actual fuck should be these "gatekeepers?" What are the qualifications or criteria?

I loathe the idea of fans being gatekeepers of Transformers, because when I go to watch a Transformers film, I don't want to watch my vision, or a fan's vision, but a professional film maker's vision. And fan's visions are usually clouded by their love of franchises; therefore, they treat it as a sacred cow rather than an evolving property...and you end up with the most unoriginal, cliché shit imaginable.

Who are these "fake fans" of Transformers? And who determines who the "fake fans" of Transformers are? Because all fans of Transformers are equally Transformers fans. A fan who loves the Bay movies or Rescue Bots is no less of a fan than someone who fell in love with MtMtE, Part 1.

I will agree there are plenty of stupid ideas within the fandom...but I think the safe, fan-pleasing regurgitations of what people like are just as stupid and often more so as the ridiculous, out there ideas. Actually, I'd say they almost always are, because at least the crazy ideas are usually just people having fun, while the safe, predictable garbage many fans want is just fans trying to keep things in their safe space.

Go tell that to those other fans then? Because I was introduced to Transformers well before the movies, and I have never called another fan a "G1er," because I love G1.

The fandom does not deserve jack fucking squat. Actually, I would say the fandom deserves movies that are far, far worse than anything put to film in terms of Transformers so far.

• Like Like x 14
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    So, better then?

Because a straight-up repackaging of previous iterations would sill be superior to the stories Bay has told.

• Like Like x 11
  15. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Probably not by Bay tbh.
    People just don’t like decade long franchises they’ve been following ending on cliffhangers.

This is such a horribly self congratulatory fictional take on reality, I can’t believe it even got this many likes
    and surprisedly no one quoted this brain numbing comment.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

This is a very valid point - in a franchise that has had some very sophisticated stories and character arcs, dealing with some very mature themes, it's not unreasonable to ask for higher standards. In an age where actors can win Oscars for playing the Joker and where a Marvel film was in serious consideration for Best Picture, it's understandable why people were left wanting from the Bayverse sequels.

However...

No, it's actually not; gatekeeping your interests encourages toxic attitudes that alienate people from that fandom. Gatekeeping, in all areas of the fandom, is why the TF fandom has such a negative reputation - something which people who've worked on Transformers media have pointed out.

For example, Bayverse fans, in the later years, have been guilty of the gatekeeping you so praise multiple times - especially to families and female audiences.

My fourteen-year-old cousin, when I went to see Bumblebee with him, spent the whole journey home throwing a tantrum that there were too many little kids in the movie.

When my older sister and I went to see TLK, she was the only woman in the room - and we overheard some arsehole fourteen-year-olds implying, under their breaths, that she was an [awful slur for transsexuals] because she was a woman going to see a Transformers movie.

And if you do gatekeep your hobbies, you end up with smug, self-superior dickheads who will act like tossers to people for not being "true fans" for just casually enjoying the franchise. You see this in a lot of fandoms; as I can attest.

So... what criteria do we decide "fake" fans by? Not liking the aspects of the brand that you like?

Well... this isn't quite true. The first Bay movie was actually decent and I still remember it fondly - many of the criticisms of it, at the time, were "It's not G1, SO IT SUX!" Now, the sequels were, admittedly, more contentious - however, having said that DOTM and AOE did have good aspects and some fans found them enjoyable on their own merits.
    Except a lot of the criticism of the Bayverse designs was not really warranted or evidence-based - it was pretty much all "[CHARACTER] DOESN'T LOOK EXACTLY LIKE G1 SO IT SUX!" An Optimus Prime with flames, but who otherwise is still recognisably Optimus Prime, is still an Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 6
  17. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because he made good entertaining movies.

You know movies where we didn't have robots dancing round a fire to a cheesy song:

[​IMG]

And Bumblebee wasn't a great movie, yes it has some nostalgia points, but it was boring, slow and a non existant plot.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Go straight to bashing something from the animated movie made in the 80’s for a fraction of the budget, ooohh tell me more oh wise one!

Anyway, imo DOTM is by far the most boring transformers movie. And its not even the worst.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

Hint: answer is in the title

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.